ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio and my p/x offer

RS4

hi guys,

i was just wondering if anybody could give me some opinions, a guy on the net is interested in p/xing his vw polo gti for my clio, do you think it is worth just a straight swap or do you think he or i should pay something ontop.

Below are the links for the two cars, clio being mine of course:D

my car has 56k (2002 51), fsh, cat1 alarm, and the rest you can see:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/clio16vg/DSC00999.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/clio16vg/DSC00999.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540070023&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IThttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540070023&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

any comments would be very helpfull

a little slower than a vts (not much) though they have the same power (120bhp) just more weight

much better built and a good interior, handle well too

Hmm might take a trip down there in my golf this weekend and see if hes up for a deal. Only take 10/15mins for me to get there

sorry clio007! lol

RS4

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 06 April 2005

Hmm might take a trip down there in my golf this weekend and see if hes up for a deal. Only take 10/15mins for me to get there

sorry clio007! lol
lol, its not you who is selling the car is it,

Quote: Originally posted by clio007 on 06 April 2005

sorry clio007! lol
lol, its not you who is selling the car is it,
Nah but the garage is just down the road from me. Dont worry mate i wont get it. Tempted to go for a test drive though!

That polo looks sweet. I like it.

I would have thought if cash was to go either way, that you should be paying cash to go with your car.

Go for a straight swap if you can get it. Youll be getting a good deal.

Thats if Tom20v doesnt buy it first! lol.

RS4

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Green on 06 April 2005

That polo looks sweet. I like it.

I would have thought if cash was to go either way, that you should be paying cash to go with your car.

Go for a straight swap if you can get it. Youll be getting a good deal.

Thats if Tom20v doesnt buy it first! lol.

i was actually looking for a straight swap, the insurance isnt to bad either, insurance looks quite okay group 12, 0-60 around 8.6, with me driving gonna be about 8 seconds:D, and an average of 39mpg not a bad car for a student:D

Where you from Clio007?

I might go sus it out this weekend, not to buy it though. I have my eye on another car

RS4

Where you from Clio007?

I might go sus it out this weekend, not to buy it though. I have my eye on another car
yeh go for the test drive, just dont burn the clutch:devilish:, im from luton mate bristol is bout an hour an a half drive:(

Quote: Originally posted by clio007 on 06 April 2005

Where you from Clio007?

yeh go for the test drive, just dont burn the clutch:devilish:, im from luton mate bristol is bout an hour an a half drive:(
I must admit i am temted to go for a spin. Doubt i will though! When you planning to have a look? If im bored on sat ill go and scope it

^^^^His is French and the other dudes German-Reg means jack when their both on similar milage, Infact the Dubs much lower per year...re-sale for the olop will be much better!!!! Give him money or if you get a straight swap get his keys and get that 120bhp shiftin before he comes to his senses...lol

The Dub is a better car in every sense of the word and FACT its gonna be worth more! Has full leather option too so woulda cost more than a 182 from the dealer when new! Coilovers and thats one sorted polo! Id have it any day of the week.

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 07 April 2005

He should pay u money! HIs is a W reg and urs is a 51!!!!
According to Parkers (assuming both cars are standard (I know they arent)., the polo is worth £5210, and the clio £4900 ish. (is the clio a 1.4 16v, or a 1.6 16v?)

The polo would have cost £13995 when new! that is crazy money!

The clio would have only cost £9k max!

RS4

i know everybody says modifications make the car cost less, but i have spent about 1k in the last 3 months, just on minor things like the tints, the cat 1 alarm, mot just cost £400,

also yes you are right the polo would have cost more new, but u can buy a 2001 plate standard clio (dynamique 1.2 16v)for around £4k, and you could buy a standard polo gti 2001 (x plate) for around £4.5k, so the polo has depreciated more, im waiting for a reply from him he wanted my car and 1k,

my car is worth around about the same as he got on ebay which is 4.5k (i think)

thank you autotrader for the above information:D