ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Mk2 Phase 1 With New induction Kit

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Here are some pics of my car.

I thought i'd be able to stick them in the image gallery but couldn't.

Anyway here are the pics.

front4lx.jpg

xhaust10jp.jpg

side7lm.jpg

carrear4vd.jpg

newindkit5fq.jpg

The induction kit is a custom made one using the KTEC Ramcharger and the Megane 1.6 16v Pipercross Kit.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

A nice colour coded rear bumper would look good on that.

oooh, I just happen to have one knocking around ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
not a fan of either lights.

if it were lower by a foot, it would be even better.

tidy motor there though. :)

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I agree with the lowering comments. Just in process of buying a house though so unlikely to spend anything on the car for a while.

The bumper looks better now. The white marks were left over wax. I have been Back to Blacking for a while now though and it looks good. How much could I get a colour coded bumper for??

K20 EG Hatch
love the head lights and nice one on getting a house.....

desperately needs some slammage though mate hehe ;)

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Cheers Dan as I said I do agree with you. Its not the best ast cornering as it is. Adding 17"s doesn't help lol!!!

Cheers for your coments (car and house!)

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Hate hate the rims!!! rest is ok...Is that a clip on zorst??

Ha Ha

Well I love the Rims!!!

No the zorst is a Custom made Powerflow cat back 2 1/2" pipe straight through.

20050308194606aa1ng.jpg

Trust me you wouldn't ask that if you heard it!!!! Those clip on things are rubbish (IMO)

Last edited:

muz

big fat japanese bus
love your headlights they are very very nice :)

does need to come down a few notches though on the height meter and for the record I quite like your wheels

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
muzz said:
love your headlights they are very very nice :)

does need to come down a few notches though on the height meter and for the record I quite like your wheels

Cheers for the message.

I like the headlights too. Apparantly I was the 1st in the UK to get them fitted. They were specially ordered and fitted by KTEC.

I am getting the impression people think my car is too high. Don't you all like the Clio monster truck look... LOL

I might get it done depending on how much the solicitors fee's cost. Could get it done when Mike Stokes Motorsport have my car in Feb for the MOT. That way the misses won't realise!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
nice car, but hate the wheels, and the height of it. quite like the lights and really like the lil spolier.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Keep an eye out for some decent second hand springs, I got mine for £50.

I cant say Im convinced about the other things but so long as you like it mate.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i want i want i want those headlights!!!
Do they fit a mk1 172?
How much?
Easy to fit?
Nice motor btw! ;)

Black Clio 182
as said before it really needs lowering. also get it all colour coded would look so much better. it wouldnt cost that much to get it colour coded. if you know a good deal anyway lol. mine cost around 300 for it but ive heard that some people have paid up to a grand for it to be done.

Nike Lunar Elite's
superfastdan said:
i want i want i want those headlights!!!
Do they fit a mk1 172?
How much?
Easy to fit?
Nice motor btw! ;)

Nope not available yet, K-tec sell them and said that an adapter for the twin optic lights would be available 'soon'
Should expect to see them available this time next year lol

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I quote Hydeyho 'Nope not available yet, K-tec sell them and said that an adapter for the twin optic lights would be available 'soon'

My lights were meant to be available in late Feb but I had to wait until early Aug so I wouldn't think they'd be available until around Feb 06.

Quite a divided opinion regarding the lights and wheels. I still like both. I'm getting quotes regarding the lowering now.

Saner - Its a 1.4 16V.
SuperfastDan - Cheers for your comments, the lights were fitted by Dave Kirk at KTEC they took him around 4 hours so I wouldn't say they are too easy. They do have an occasional misting problem after the car has been washed. Its fine in the rain though!
Including fitting they were around 300 quid.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Right, I have it booked in to the garage in the new year for a 35mm drop and interior limo tint sunstrip.

I'll whack up some pics when its done.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
U got any idea about the postage cost???

Would this fit straight on the phase 1??? I know the rear light for the number plate is slightly different shape. Not sure about the mounts.

I admit it looks better and would be an improvement. Money is the thing stopping me do it. I'm proper broke. Getting the lowering done and tint strip with Xmas bonus. Won't have any money for a while (new house to kit out!)

Golf R/Leon FR
like the headlights, suit a black clio, needs slamming though, not keen on the wheels either, but its a good effort

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
doddy said:
The welding on that exhaust is W4nk

All I asked them was to make an exhaust as loud as they possibly could for my car and I chose the twin tail pipes. It sounds effing loud so I don't really give a shite as to the welding. It sets cars alarms off when I drive past and that is good enough for me.

They gave me a discount because I had them do one on my last car.

TBH who sees the welding??? Its got a life time guarantee!!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Garf172 said:
like the headlights, suit a black clio, needs slamming though, not keen on the wheels either, but its a good effort

Cheers. When I got to KTEC I chose the black headlights over the silver. The silver ones looked tackier.

Is getting lowered after Xmas and I still like the wheels.

Cheers for you comments mate.