ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY CLIO TURBO

looks nice mate! sleeper!

like pete said... whats the mileage on the engine, milage on the car, power, history etc

it will take up to 1.1 bar on the standard injectors. if you change the injectors for volvo 940 ones i know a chap pushing out 220hp.... not sure how long the little T2 will last at that BHP

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Looks nice in the pics mate.

It must shift:D

Difficult to put a price on though,if your in no rush aim high and wait for a offer or two to come along.

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by nykie on 07 May 2005
ive just had it chipped so it should be running around 165hp running only 0.7bar of boost

With just a chip? Arnt they 130bhp standard?

they are actually 120hp standard. well not just the chip obviously things like de-cat, filter, intercooler...etc

how hard is it to fit one of these engines?

the fitting is very straight forward however good luck with the wiring.. ha ha

500bhp Scoob

mine will be running for FCS if anyone wants to take a lookie :)

Engine is alright to fit, althou ive rebuilt mine, so its taken alot longer :)

And as for the wiring.... thank god im an electronics engineer lol

EVO VII

One of the major problems with this Volvo engine is that the ignition controler also has an overboost switch. Unlike the GTT, on which it was possible just to plug it out, on the volvo it is hard to tamper with it. The result is that with this ECU it is not possible to go above 0.9-1 bar.

there are ways of getting round this. there are a few people that can work there magic but of course it comes with a price :cry:

nice tidy car like it :)

clio rsi turbo, phase 2

right, not knowing about this at all, wot volvo is that engine from? what do you need in order to fit it? i.e. do you have to change engine mounts? wot gearbox? etc.

and seeing as youve done the wiring would you be willing to wire one up for me? im in oxford myself.

im serousley thinking about fitting a turbo engine into mine, was going along the 5 gtt engine but my mates got one and its not reliable at all, im guess that this will be loads more reliable?? cheers in advance

- stephen

i thought the wiring was a piece of piss myself. but mabe thats because i started with an rsi loom?

the engine is reliable, the probs come with tryin to lay the power down without breakin anything.

im from oxford if ya wana take a look ^^

car does look sweet tho
[Edited by richieroo on 09 May 2005 at 8:04pm]

clio rsi turbo, phase 2

yes mate that would be good, then i could have a chat with ya. where abouts in oxford are you then?

hey guys

let me know when you are going to meet up as i wouldnt mind having a chat.... see what your conversion looks like richieroo

cheers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh when u guys have a meet, gimme a shout im not far from oxford... takes me 30-40 mins to get there... would be cool to have a clio volvo turbo meet :D