ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clioV6 write up on Pistonheads

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Really good read Chris. Have you got any pics of the Acid Yellow V6?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Really good read Chris. Have you got any pics of the Acid Yellow V6?

Yeah have loads knocking about. I'm sure most of them are on here somewhere.

Here's a few quick ones I've just found on google.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449704497.966618.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449704504.632915.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449704511.767787.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449704516.382527.jpg

RB 182 FF
I'm very jealous!! I had a job promotion last year and was on the verge of buying a V6 with my new salary until I realised I hated the pressure involved in my job!! So moved to another job and demoted myself..... It was a very exciting time to think I could own such an awesome car as the V6, but my sanity took priority! It is a true future classic that's for sure, I'm very very jealous but also very happy for you, looking at that in your garage must be a great feeling! Oh and great write up as well! :smile: :up:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
If you buy a well cared for Ph1/2 V6 in the next 6 months it will make you money.

Indeed, shame I couldn't bring the funds together to get a 2nd one 3 years ago when they were silly cheap.
Good examples were selling for 13k
I got mine 12 months ago, it needs it's cambelt doing which is going to set me back 2k even so I should be quids in if I have to sell.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Brilliant write up! I meant to bookmark it and read it later but I just read all the way through it now lol.

It's such a shame that when I can afford one at their lowest price atm, they'll have shot up another £10k lol :(

172 Cup
Noticed the article when it went up and suspected it was someone from here. Recognised a few names posting too.

Great article and comments after - well done!

Don't underestimate the power of pistonheads / evo mag etc. Articles like that can influence values and desirability. Somebody write one on a 172 Cup next :smile:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Thanks for all the comments guys. Really enjoyed writing it. Have a few plans to get some more RS write ups published.
Even managed to get my mugshot in this months modern classics mag lol.

Might have to get myself a blog... Whatever that is?!?!

Nice article there mate! I read it the other day but did clock that it was you who'd written it!

I like this dude,
dom9 - I bought the first ever Illiad Blue Phase 1 car with 650 miles on the clock, earlier in the year. I prefer the looks of the Phase 1 over the Phase 2 and the Illiad Blue cars are very rare in the first run.

To cut a long story short, I bought it when I believed I had missed out on Cayman GT4 allocation, earlier in the year. However, my OPC rang me last week and said they may be able to get me a car and I declined because that would mean the V6 would have to be sold and I just can't bear to part with it at the moment.

There is just nothing out there like it and not many left now. We almost certainly won't see anything like it again. It'll be all hybrid this and hybrid that, soon.

I am also wary of pushing it with it being near-on irreplaceable... But what a car!

It's tucked up for winter now with a heady 950 miles on the clock. Hopefully I can put a few more on next year!

- and your comment Chris,

Just goes to show what an amazing little car they are!
I think the illiad ph1 is the ultimate ClioV6 in my eyes!
1 of 8 in UK probably only 2 or 3 left now that aren't cat d.

I'd love to see one on such low mileage & see how mine compares, mine's on 53.5k now... and is an Illiad phase 1 (non recorded)

172 Cup
Yeah that was interesting. If you look at some of the Clio related threads on pistonheads is amazing how many owners of 911s etc say that they either have or had a Renaultsport Clio. Speaks volumes about the cars.

I would struggle to turn down an offer of a Cayman GT4 though purely because of the ludicrous gains over list they have made.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I think the illiad ph1 is the ultimate ClioV6 in my eyes!
1 of 8 in UK probably only 2 or 3 left now that aren't cat d.

Agreed mate!

Although at the time my old acid was the ultimate in my eyes!

Would have to flip a coin now to choose between the two.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice write up . Love the Acid yellow V6 , but it is a bit in your face . I much prefer the Illiad Blue , much more subtle, if i V6 could ever be subtle lol .

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I can remember your Acid V6 Chris.

Wish I still had my Liquid as well. Would be worth a nice little sum.

Great write up by the way!

Thanks mate,

Yeah remember your liquid from back in the day. Didn't you have a Z3M coupe at one point too? They are on the BucketList too!

182 Track
Thanks mate,

Yeah remember your liquid from back in the day. Didn't you have a Z3M coupe at one point too? They are on the BucketList too!

Yeah had the Z3M just before the V6. Ticked two of my list straight away :)
Sourced another Z3M last week for a customer, awesome cars!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Its all about character. GTR is a weapon & would love one but compared to the V6 its way too clinical & lacking soul.

The fact that if someone offered me a straight swap with a 35k early GTR I would decline says it all

It's also partly the fact it is an end of an era type of car.
We are never going to see a 3.0l na mid engined hatch again!

Hard to believe it ever got signed off in the first place.
Sounds mental just typing it lol

Last edited:
Its all about character. GTR is a weapon & would love one but compared to the V6 its way too clinical & lacking soul.

The fact that if someone offered me a straight swap with a 35k early GTR I would decline says it all

It's also partly the fact it is an end of an era type of car.
We are never going to see a 3.0l na mid engined hatch again!

Hard to believe it ever got signed off in the first place.
Sounds mental just typing it lol
sounds like a beast mate, wasn't saying a GTR is better or anything, no car is better than any, just stating that the prices are in the similar category that's all, it's just mad :)