ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup arrived today! Yay!

172 Cup
I took delivery of my Cup this morning, washed it this afternoon, not got time to wax it today but I took some snaps. Enjoy.

cup1.jpg

cup2.jpg

cup3.jpg

172 Cup
Hey thanks, I don't know what it is with Cups but they never looks as good in photos as they do in the flesh (erm.. metal) :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
nice! i'm picking a '52 plate up for my gf tomorrow morning. i cant wait to have a thrash.

172 cup TT
Looks very nice mate.. be careful in it this time of year bud... love my cup... but one thing....dont take it the wrong way... YOUR FRONT ARCH on the 2nd pic down?!?! is your car jacked up anywhere on that pic?

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
^^^ see what he means!! (floodie)

looks nice mate, where'd you get it from, reason I ask theres one thats sold in wests in cambridge

172 Cup
Floodie, it's the driveway mate, it's not even at all :) It's fine when it was out on the road at the front earlier. Thanks for noticing tho :)

I've put silvervisions in the back, just don't have a spare set for the fron at the moment. Can I ask, are the front ones same fitment as the back? Slightly offset pins?

Thanks for the comments guys.

172 Cup
Toms_cup, I got it from a garage in Warrington. It's got climate control too which is pleasing :) It's a great example, bodywork is immaculate and only 20k on the clock.

172 cup TT
pecan said:
Floodie, it's the driveway mate, it's not even at all :) It's fine when it was out on the road at the front earlier. Thanks for noticing tho :)

Ah right, phew was gonna say!.. it really didnt look normal at all... thats cool then...

Re: the silver visions, if your only getting a pair then put them on the front rather than the back mate... ideally get them all round but i think they are more effective on the front of the motor... imo

EDIT: after looking at the pics again... is the driveway REALLY that bad for it to be like that stationary??.. it kinda looks like the the front passenger side wheel is off onto the road and all 3 other wheels are up on a kurb.. but on the "front on" pic it all seems level... just worried in case there is an issue and you can get it back to the dealer buddy

Last edited:
  172 Cup
I'll double check it next time it's out of the garage just to be sure, I'm sure it was fine on the road, I would have noticed something like that. If you notice the back looks particularly lower than it should, it all evens up on the flat. :)

I'll be getting some more silvervisions for the front so I'll leave the ones in the back now.

172 cup TT
nice one cool mate... hope you didnt take it in anyway negatively, it werent intended like that..

have you been out in her yet and gave it a bit of welly?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Where did you get it from in warrington. CC is nice addition. Get yourself to the next NW meet. We are a friendly bunch.

172 Cup
Rix motors, I've heard bad things about them from people on here, but this was after I bought it... I had no problems with them.

Thanks for the comments guys, unfortunately I can't drive her yet, need to wait until I'm 21 in March for cheaper insurance.. It's worth the wait but it's still gonna kill me. mwuahaha.

172cup
cracking cup mate. Welcome to the world of nutter hot hatchbacks.

I agree with what your saying about pic/reality. They always look better in the flesh.

I find that you should take your photos either from a distance... or from very close up. Make sense? The bit in between doesn't show em off very well.

Orange 182
hehe thats a good point about the photo distancing mate... I've found that too :)

Lovely car pecan, I think I may have seen this in Warrington and I was really impressed with the condition of it. I think you've got a good'un there mate!

btw. my car sits really strange on my drive too... its only slightly uneven but it makes the car looks like Rick Waller is sat in the back on one side ;)

172 Cup
Trail182, haha yea, mine straightens up fine on the road.

D.brown, cracking photos, I see what you mean :)