ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My dCi100

dCi 100
Hi,

Although I don't post much, I thought I'd post some pics of my car. It's pretty much standart, apart from the RS front grill.

The last pic is a photoshop, the car is not lowered.

cliotejo.jpg

cliotejo1.jpg

cliotejo3.jpg

interior~0.jpg
veloclio.jpg

cliocolante.jpg

Image10edit1.jpg

cliomanji.jpg

Cheers!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks mint in that last pic low!

i would lower it 60mm and get it chipped (ive heard they fly once chipped?!)

like your clioteam sticker in the back window too looks good

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
nice megane gearstick usage there. Not sure about the blue decals and on the side, but get it chipped, prob hit 130-140bhp

dCi 100
R20 CWH said:
nice megane gearstick usage there. Not sure about the blue decals and on the side, but get it chipped, prob hit 130-140bhp

It comes with the car hehe. My gear box is the one used on the meganes. It's a nissan gearbox.

What decals do you mean? On the side of the car? That says Extreme, whitch is like a special version. It came with cruise control, heated side mirrors, etc. I could take it out.. dunno if it "unglues" easy, though

I'd get it lowered first, but things here in Portugal aren't very bright on the car mod side. According to the law you can't mod your car, unless it's authorized by the car maker :S.
And I had the stuff all picked out, bilstein sprints with -3,5 eibachs.

Thanks for the comments ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
so the extreme has more toys over there, over here the extreme 4 is more basic but has the looks of the dynamique (doesnt have the electric mirrors or rear speakers and has cheaper seats with no rear headrests there is more but cant think)

thats crazy about the car moding in portugal, if you only lower it say 35-40mm will anyone even notice thats not into cars?

Good to see some more dci owners on here.

Catch you on MSN some time (assiming mne doesn't break again).

dCi 100
Martin_89 said:
so the extreme has more toys over there, over here the extreme 4 is more basic but has the looks of the dynamique (doesnt have the electric mirrors or rear speakers and has cheaper seats with no rear headrests there is more but cant think)

The extreme here has a bunch of higher spec gizmos, although AC is optional ( manual or auto ). It has a "sportier"/"younger" interior than the higher class clios with their bege seats, etc.

Picture%20013.jpg

Martin_89 said:
thats crazy about the car moding in portugal, if you only lower it say 35-40mm will anyone even notice thats not into cars?

The thing is we don't have (yet, I hope) a law that says what you can or can't do, or the certificates authorized ( like TUV). In PT the TUV is not even accepted. Go figure.

A couple of year ago streetracing became more and more popular/frequent, so police/goverment had to do something about it. So they outlawed tuning. ( ... ). So some years ago you could lower your car, etc, etc and it would go pretty much unnoticed. But now we (as tuners) are targets cuz they think that every tuner is a streetracer :)

You can still lower your car, but you may get unlucky :p

And I'll leave you with The icon of streetracing near the capital, Lisboa.

A 17,2km long bridge.

We're in Europe. Barely. :\

Cheers

MKIII 138
140bhp no chance.

100 will with Dragon-T tuning box get about 124bhp maybe with panel filter hit 128bhp its only a 1.5T remember and its not a custom remap. perhaps with a custom code remap + sports exhaust + panel filter 135 max. any more and you need larger injectors.

however a DCI clio isnt the worlds heaviest car and the torque as standard is the same as a clio172`s (148lbft) with the "ONLY" lol downside the 68-72hp diffo.
i imagine with 124hp maybe 130 with filter (going from chippoints figures) you would be 'only' 38-40hp down on a 172

chippoint do 124bhp from map with 29lbft more so a high (for the car type) 177lbft not bad at all and i image not 172 pace but enough to be fun and feel some shove remember if you got 130bhp from the dci and 177-179lbft you would be 180-200kg lighter than a fabia vrs which also has 130 the only thing is the fabia has monster torque as stock and even bigger 330lbft when mapped lol

worth a try

chippoint.com

dCi 100
Remapping is fairly common here. It's quite easy to go on to tuning related foruns and see 200hp+ TDI's, mainly Ibizas.

Regarding clios. There are also a few of them on clioteam.com forum. dci65 to about 90-95hp , dci80 to about 110-119hp. There aren't any dci100, though. Few people have them :(

You can see here a repro-ed dci80 to 111hp/248Nm -> pulling 4th gear and the RR graph.
There are a lot more on the forum, including user Magnastik that is going to get a VNT15 turbo fitted ( with dci80 injectors ;) )

The thing is that on the dci100 there isn't a lot of experience, but I think that getting to 130 hp would be possible, beeing limited by the turbo and not the injectors. ( please correct me, if I'm wrong ;) )

DCI turbos are quite small, the main problem beeing with the exhaust part. :S

Cheers!

PS: Check this out. Guess the small engine/medium power fashion is comming :p

Last edited:
Manji go on get some tunning work in there 100dci has more potenetila some custom mapping and you'll be around 130the that VNT 15 turbi and your laughing so long and you overboost the injectors I'm gusssing 160hp is possible with that.
Such a shame about the modification laws.
I've been thinking could you not register the car as a kit car then you could do what you want to it as there no manurfacturer as such

dCi 100
edde said:
I've been thinking could you not register the car as a kit car then you could do what you want to it as there no manurfacturer as such

That was my mates idea - check his car out here.

And he's... hum.. annoyed aswell :p He has to drive it by night or on quick drives on motorways.

It's a shame we can't enjoy our cars, even in their more rad form as that Corsa. :(

Cheers ;)

PS: See you on MSN.

Renault Clio 2 dCi
Hi!
I'm manji's mate, from Clioteam, Portugal.
I'm a clio dci 80 owner with some mods, like:
- ECU custom mapping
- fuel-cut defender

and with this results:
667b95a87ea40fa1dbae0182d59f418f.jpg

Tomorrow (11th January), i will get my car with a new VNT15 turbo, EGR off, de-CAT and i will post the new results, but i think i wil get about 140bhp and 250/270nm of torque.

Cya,

PS: Manji... amanhã até vou levanar o alcantrão da AE.

MKIII 138
^^ would like to see if 140 is possible, i imagine with 140 and the torque in gear would give a 172 a fright until it hit 5k rpm that is

Clio MkII PhII dCi
Hey Manji!!!

I already know your car and you now my opinion... you should do a repro!!! You haven't tried my car yet but trust me... it's very very different.

Let's continue to show the Portuguese Clios!! :D

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Hey guys!
Ive got a clio dci 100 that i wanna tune to 130bhp+
Its standard at the moment but tried searching google for possible mods and all they ever talk about is chipping / tuning boxes.
What other kinda mods are available for this model & where should i begin??

Thanx

Ad

MK2 FRS
My mates got a Dci 100 and the gearbox mechanism i hated until i got the megane 225. The after that i realised the boxes where the same mech, other than the 6th gear.

dCi 100
Clio_dci100 said:
Hey guys!
Ive got a clio dci 100 that i wanna tune to 130bhp+
Its standard at the moment but tried searching google for possible mods and all they ever talk about is chipping / tuning boxes.
What other kinda mods are available for this model & where should i begin??

Thanx

I'd say the best way to get some bhp would be a remap.

After that you could start changing some hardware to get even more bhp :star:

Cheers,
João

BMW M4; S1000 RR
meggerman said:
^^ would like to see if 140 is possible, i imagine with 140 and the torque in gear would give a 172 a fright until it hit 5k rpm that is

Haha meggerman, if the 172 wasn't already at 5k when they started then it would be looking at the back of a DCi. But admitadly, the 172 would have the big power advantage and if they both started at peak torque, the 172 would probably start crawling past fairly soon due to the 40hp benefit and longer gears.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
and yes Jaoa, I can't see you having trouble finding a tuner, there are so many crazy diesels in spain and portugal, with an aggressive map you should see, going by the increases of the 65 and 80, an easy 135hp.

Not bad for a 1.5 renault engine, if you kept going I wouldn't be suprised with a few uprated parts for you to see 150hp, but I wouldn't feel comfortable having 100hp/litre in a dci...

I originally was looking for a 100 but yes they are a lot rarer than the 80s so the chance of me finding a good example when one was for sale was slim.

MKIII 138
cliokhunt said:
I originally was looking for a 100 but yes they are a lot rarer than the 80s so the chance of me finding a good example when one was for sale was slim.

very rare, they actually launched the dci 100 as a warm hatch but it never got any publicity. the suspension on the DCI100 is uprated also

BMW M4; S1000 RR
meggerman said:
very rare, they actually launched the dci 100 as a warm hatch but it never got any publicity. the suspension on the DCI100 is uprated also

Didn't know that, I know that dynamique models with 1.4 engine or bigger have sport suspension, is this what you mean?

Sometimes I think I should have searched for a 100, but for the hassle I'm happy with what I got, a very good condition DCI 80 that was 10 miles from where I lived... found it on ebay too...

Besides, the 80s can have 100hp+ too with a map. Do like the blue C and i though :rasp: Might paint my i red like the audis :dead:

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
I'am not so sure about gettin' 130hp out of the dci100 lump with just a remap. Local tuners down here chip dci100s to about 115, maybe 120hp. I think the dci100 is pretty much maxed out even as standard and french common rail diesels generaly don't respond well to remaping, at least not as well as their tdi counterparts.

Next thing that comes to my mind is the clio's gearbox. I seriously doubt in it's ability to cope with large increases in torque figures. Even the 172 JC5 box can have trouble coping with standard torque, let alone the increases...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Loopz said:
I'am not so sure about gettin' 130hp out of the dci100 lump with just a remap. Local tuners down here chip dci100s to about 115, maybe 120hp. I think the dci100 is pretty much maxed out even as standard and french common rail diesels generaly don't respond well to remaping, at least not as well as their tdi counterparts.

Next thing that comes to my mind is the clio's gearbox. I seriously doubt in it's ability to cope with large increases in torque figures. Even the 172 JC5 box can have trouble coping with standard torque, let alone the increases...

How many tuners do you know loopz ?? Do you map diesels ?

You say that they don't respond as well as their tdi counterparts... Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but a renault dci (direct common injection / diesel common rail injection... whatever) is a turbo diesel car. A new TDI (turbo diesel injection) also sports common rail.

They use the same technology, but different makes label differently.

Hell, I heard someone recently arguing that BMW diesels don't have turbos because they just say 320d.. And I explain to them that they have no functioning brain cells, and their response is that BMW used to make a 525tds (turbo diesel sport)....

Ok anyway, I believe a DCI 100 could achieve 130hp with an hour or two on a rolling road with someone who knows what they're doing.

You say 115 or 120 (this is what a DCI 80 can get), which makes it between a 15 and 20% increase, not much for a turbo diesel I think you'll agree, either way.

I've never seen a DCI 100 on the roads, not exactly a Zonda when you do, but yes they're rare, and yes they would be very quick for a 1.5 diesel clio.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
And as long as driven correctly, I don't see any reason why the gearbox wouldn't handle an extra 25% torque.

I know it's a Clio, but all of the other crazy diesels (mostly in spain really), are mapped to the limits, and their standard gearboxes handle it just fine.

You'll kill a standard car driven badly far quicker than a modified car driven well.

Here, www.howarth1.co.uk/m5board.htm

A shifting and launching guide for the M5, yes a lot more powerful, but the facts are all there for good practice.

MKIII 138
cliokhunt said:
You say 115 or 120 (this is what a DCI 80 can get), which makes it between a 15 and 20% increase, not much for a turbo diesel I think you'll agree, either way.

do people not listen to me ive already posted a website link for a tuner of dci 100`s that gain 127bhp "130ps" with a tuningbox and 129bhp with green filter fitted

sigh

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Been in touch with RS Tuning to ask what they suggest, and they say they're able to do a remap for me that should take the dci100 to 130bhp no problem - £300 all in :)

Result!

dCi 100
Hey,

Just a couple of pics.
Recently lowered 30mm on H&R

Will get some propper pictures later ;)

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image1.jpg

Cheers,
João.