ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DIY Respray....{Pic Heavy}

421 Cammed 172
Wanna do some 172 ones?

I'll have a look at sourcing some, Would like all my badges done also :rasp:

Can probably do a 2 week max turn around without much issue mate, with regard to the OZ's ideally want to sell all 6 together....as i dont think the other 2 will go on there own.

Turbos.
Couldn't imagine respraying anything, so credit to you! Like others have said, i would have either painted some trim black or just left it OEM to break it up a bit.

That is a '99 car, one of the first, hence LHD. Probably the best to drive, you sit lower as on RHD models you had to be a certain distance from the fuel tank so they raised the seat!

Fantastic job with the re-spray, do you do it as a job or is this just an interest?

Just for the fun of it at the moment, it started when i had a few dings on my Clios bumper and bits of trim, so i resprayed those, now its become a bit of an obsession. Still learning, was very difficult to do the full car, as it was quite tight in the garage.

How are you finding the Brabus Bertie?

Shes great fun, shes all sorted now, just waiting for the tax disc to arrive. Then ill do a full service on her, as thats a bit of an unknown at the moment. Runs and starts well, even after its been sitting for months, but i think ill be adjusting the clutch slightly.

Turbos.
How are you finding the Brabus Bertie?

Very happy with it, the only issue is long distances. It is a bit of a chore on the motorway as it is very badly affected by crosswinds being tall and having a short wheel base. Just need to get some wider front tyres (only 175 on the front) and am tempted with a 130bhp remap, but i'm trying to suppress the boy racer in me.

Turbos.
Shes great fun, shes all sorted now, just waiting for the tax disc to arrive. Then ill do a full service on her, as thats a bit of an unknown at the moment. Runs and starts well, even after its been sitting for months, but i think ill be adjusting the clutch slightly.

Hi me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very happy with it, the only issue is long distances. It is a bit of a chore on the motorway as it is very badly affected by crosswinds being tall and having a short wheel base. Just need to get some wider front tyres (only 175 on the front) and am tempted with a 130bhp remap, but i'm trying to suppress the boy racer in me.

Get the map, it's not like you're sticking a spoiler on it, or taking the back seats out ;), no one else will see it.

Crosswinds sound pretty ominous, I know sometimes on the a2 I can still feel it in the Clio, which is pretty low and quite a short car anyways, sod being in that, I'd still love a ride in one though. I saw one down at the Lambo garage in Sevenoaks last weekend, it really caught my eye!

Holy s**t dude, you just spoke without opening your mouth... lol

330ci sport
Reminds me of the Brabus 112...

epcp_0709_38_z+smart_brabus_112+front_left.jpg

Good work!!

Turbos.
Proof that the black bits improve it... the Brabus also has black internals for the lights which would be a cool mod to your girlfriend's.

Proof that the black bits improve it... the Brabus also has black internals for the lights which would be a cool mod to your girlfriend's.

Agreed, plan was to do the interia at some stage, but it will be with her money, as mines now going back on the clio / supra projects lol.

Audi TT 225
I said from the start black bits would improve it :) Would break it up nicely. PS, that's my front diamond :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome, I'd love a crack in one, see what all the fuss is about. But sod rocking about in a 50k one, I can think of more than 50,000 thing's I'd rather have for that money!!!

This is the Mrs speaking (a disclaimer)

I am glad my wee car has become such a hot topic! Your comments have been awesome! As a thank you for your interest, I will reward you with the rationale behind the orangeness:

- I'll begin with: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Orange_Lamborghini_Gallardo_LP560_fl.JPG
(The inspiration for all beautiful automotive things and great styling at it's best. Note: no colour/line break up.
- I didn't like the styling of the model as it was. I'm not a fan of the contrasting banding - it serves its purpose for the target market for this type of car but I was looking for a blocky, dumpy, sturdy looking little motor that looks robust and isn't ruined by feminine accents (ie. the banding)
- So, going on from that, the car has 2 main spatial areas - the top sweep and the 'front, back n sides'. By keeping it simple and cleanly splitting the spaces with 2 block colours, this was the best way to achieve the look I wanted. We then gave it more balance with the black wheels.
- It's all personal taste but having black wing mirrors would lose the lines and look (for want of a better phrase) a bit silly! It would be different if I had the Brabus Ultimate (I wish) which has mirror accent trims which you could get away with the black on. But sadly, the boyfriend's wallet can't stretch that far.
- After studying automotive styling and loving anything that goes broom-broom, I've become rather fussy! Which is why the other half has had to do as he was told ;o). So don't blame him for not giving you more black.

Really pleased so many of you like the car and thank you for all your ace comments. You may not like all the finer points but each to their own. All I need now is the donation of a black interior!

Plus - it will have some more details and colours introduced very soon - in the form of 'L' plates!

Much love, the Mrs ;o)

You can dress it up all you like and I'll grant you at least you're articulate with it but a Smart and a Lambo are poles apart and you can't apply a one fits all approach and expect two totally different cars to both pull it off. The Smart needs the black bits the Lambo doesnt. ;)

You can dress it up all you like and I'll grant you at least you're articulate with it but a Smart and a Lambo are poles apart and you can't apply a one fits all approach and expect two totally different cars to both pull it off. The Smart needs the black bits the Lambo doesnt. ;)

I'm not dressing it up lol - it's just the way I want the car to look. The lambo was to show my inspiration. No black bits needed ;o)