ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My engine is very diry

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My engine is very dirty,

Can you give me advice please. Which chemical should I buy to clean the engine.. Is anything I need to be aware of before cleaning the engine? I don't want to c**k the engine up lol.

A number of clios
dont get no water anywhere near the electrics i just use a damp cloth and then auto glym super resin polish on painted bits and auto glym bumper care on black bits

I dont think damp cloth on the engine be enough.. need some sort of polish for engine.

A number of clios
cant help u then im afraid i keep on top of mine so a damp colth works a treat lol

Jay said:
Auto glym engine and machine cleaner from halfrauds £4.99

Cool!

so.. I will clean the engine with sponge and water... then dry it with towel.

then use Auto glym engine and machine cleaner..

Is that right?

damp the engine with a sponge spray on AG E&M cleaner, leave for 30 seconds wipe over and rinse. Might have to do it a couple of times if really dirty. Instructions are on the back of bottle.

Mito Sportiva 135
Truck wash then a blast from a pressure washer at around 80 celcius does the trick. If you don't have either of these use a mild wheel cleaner if you have any with some warm water.

Mito Sportiva 135
The one I used was about £1500 but you can pick up a Karcher one for cheap from Halfords. The cheap ones though will lack power (measured in Pounds per Square Inch - P.S.I) and a heating element which greatly reduces cleaning time as it removes oil and grime, especially when used with truck wash. MMMM. Truck wash....