ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my exhaust is exhausted as it has.....

Glacier White 197 Cup
... fallen off. Corroded at the back box. It is standard. They usually corrode there do they?

So what do i do? Will i need a new exhaust from cat onwards. (don't really no what am talking about - so could be totally wrong). Wondering if i should buy renault or will a good aftermarket one be around the same price.

Any suggestions on what to get. Dont want it loud as I have been used to standard, but if i can get a bit more performance, i would like to!

cheers for any help

ps. i have never heard i car louder than mine at the mo!

M2 Competition
Yep, mine did the same thing, poor design.

An aftermarket cat back will be cheaper than a renault item, and last much longer too.

Ktec/ gdi stealth?

Glacier White 197 Cup
Yep, mine did the same thing, poor design.

An aftermarket cat back will be cheaper than a renault item, and last much longer too.

Ktec/ gdi stealth?

I like the idea of a stealth one, but open to other options. How much are they compared to a renault one?

Da

Less
about half the price mate, no seriously! 182 exhaust from dealers is about £500 without the cat! :eek:

Audi TT 225
Yep mine did exactly the same, just where it comes up over the rear axle and joins the backbox. It happens a lot.
Yep they sound like a super bike once it falls off, ear splitting :D
If you went for a custom exhaust you can specify exactly how you want it to sound and you'll get a lifetime guarantee!

Glacier White 197 Cup
Yep mine did exactly the same, just where it comes up over the rear axle and joins the backbox. It happens a lot.
Yep they sound like a super bike once it falls off, ear splitting :D
If you went for a custom exhaust you can specify exactly how you want it to sound and you'll get a lifetime guarantee!

Yep just over the rear axle.[FONT=&quot] Embarrassingly[/FONT] ear splitting.

Is it legal to actually drive around if i carry the exhaust in the boot to prove its knackered?

Where would you get a custom done from mate?

Audi TT 225
Dont know that part of the country sorry do a search for exhaust speciallists? Some one will probably point you towards somewhere local ish.

I had to drive mine about 20 miles to the exhaust place in rush hour with the backbox off and didn't have any problems, stay in high gears and low rev's.

Not sure on the legality, technically the cops could pull you Im sure theres some kinda noise level restrictions so wouldn't drive around unless you absolutly need too.

V

v11ous

happened to me i was stranded for 30 min before some gut noticed and got a knife and cut the rubber moaut which was dragging the exghust on the floor i brought a back box the box cost 120 inc vat the the new mount cost 20 and a SLEVE WHICH I DIDNT NEED COST ME FURTHER 20 THE 30 QUID TO FIT IT FROM A MATETOAL 195

Glacier White 197 Cup
yer mine got wedged between the floor and fuel tank so had to jack the car up to get it out. then i waited an hour before my dad brought me my socket set and just unbolted the rear mount. Had nothing to cut the rubber with either.

dont think there is a cheap option is there really?