ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ferrari experience at Silverstone

Golf R soon...
Had my Ferrari experience at Silverstone this morning :)

Glad it stayed dry in the morning for me! :approve:

Little bit of a suprise! I was supposed to be driving a LHD 355 but it ended up being a RHD 360 Modena instead! :cool:

To "warm" up the instructor introduced me to the track in a mk2 Lotus Exige! He showed me the corners and best driving technique! I was then let loose in the Exige myself :evil: for 4 laps!

What can I say its such a fun car to drive! So responsive and stable!

Next up was "the beast" ;) The Ferrari 360 with paddle shifting gearbox :) No warm up lap with this one, straight on with it! 4 laps! I almost tented when he started the thing up :eek: Such a noise! :evil:

Managed 140mph on the straights, fastest person on the day! :approve:

So damn easy to drive and a little more dignified getting in/out than the lotus.

I did the whole "down the gears" thing when coming into the pit stop, wooom, woom! :rasp:

Next up was my favourite car and part of the day. The 1 lap with instructor in a supercharged Lotus Exige S:evil: :evil: :evil: Wow only lasted a minute or so but my god! :D It was damn fast, 0-60 :eek:

As you can see I enjoyed it! Hate to say it but I prefered driving the Exiges more than the Ferrari!

Here are a few pics!

Over and out Darren

CHO_9899.jpg

CHO_9898.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

Lionel Richie
they're growing on me SLOWLY, still not a huge ferrari fan, here's the one i had yesterday for the drive home from bruntingthorpe
DSC00032.jpg

TIP - never drive a convertable ferrari with the roof down, people make rude signs at you, and every boy racer has a go!

Golf R soon...
^^

I was kind of hoping the Ferrari I was driving was going to be red turned out to be silver instead! Never mind :D

Was that pic taken on a k800 by any chance? All my pics were!

Lionel Richie
how did you find the flappy gearbox? were you in sport mode, or didn't you notice?

Last edited:
  Golf R soon...
how did you find the gay gearbox? were you in sport mode, or didn't you notice?

The instructor set the car up, I just changed up and down! lol!

It was like, change up, pause, pause, pause then power! Sound awesome when you floor it, apparantely then one I was driving had a sports exhaust on it! :)

Love the edit comment ;)

Lionel Richie
hard top is much better than the poser version

there is a bit of a jerk when you change up though eh!

Lee

BMW M2C
they're growing on me SLOWLY, still not a huge ferrari fan, here's the one i had yesterday for the drive home from bruntingthorpe
DSC00032.jpg

TIP - never drive a convertable ferrari with the roof down, people make rude signs at you, and every boy racer has a go!

The girl who did my fast lap said you all had to drive the cars in and out of the place. Need any help? I'm free most weekends and already have great drifting skills in a Gallardo. :eek:

Did you see the black 360 spin off Fred?

Looks like a great day Daz. I did this on Sunday: Click me

Lionel Richie
black 360 was spun 4 times on sunday (by 4 different people, being overeager with the go pedal)

oops, back to the pits for them then!

Lee

BMW M2C
shame you didn't get the boss doing the high speed (he was the nutter)

I guessed he must have been the boss by the way he entered the pits sideways almost running into any other car or person in the way. I really wanted my fast lap to be driven by him.

The grin on his face everytime he stepped out the car showed how much fun he was having.

One of your mates made sure I got the front seat though. I'd already made sure the other two lads were behind me too. lol

Lionel Richie
yeah and the bugger owns every car apart from the blue lambo and one of the DB9's

did you see him taking the girl who's 21st it was out in the 355 challege race car?? he was doing doughnuts in the pits and allsorts, then they went out for a race, that Beetle Vs the TVR griffith

Lee

BMW M2C
That Beetle was the quickest thing I saw all day.

I hate my job. :dapprove:

There was a lovely little fit piece called Natalie in my group.

Lionel Richie
LOL the chap driving the beetle was only 18, and about 5ft2, surprised he could see over the steering wheel!

LY V6 with Recaros
Looks like you had a great day. Would love to do that, although I'd be scared of crashing one! :eek:

Golf R soon...
Looks like you had a great day. Would love to do that, although I'd be scared of crashing one! :eek:

I wouldn't worry about it, the cars all have dual controls, so you can go wrong :) Besides if you do crash then your covered anyway! :D

Go for it Debs! ;)

Enjoyable day, I'd love 4 hard laps in an Exige.

Fred - that car is soooooo you LOL ;)

I would love to take the Exige out, in fact gimme the supercharged one instead :evil:

J

JACKO CUP 172!

looks like you had fun mr g.. i forgot you were going today..you only told me on sat..lol

LY V6 with Recaros
I wouldn't worry about it, the cars all have dual controls, so you can go wrong :) Besides if you do crash then your covered anyway! :D

Go for it Debs! ;)

Enjoyable day, I'd love 4 hard laps in an Exige.

Fred - that car is soooooo you LOL ;)

I would love to take the Exige out, in fact gimme the supercharged one instead :evil:

Really, I didn't realise they had dual controls :eek: I would love to go, I've been hinting to my boyfriend and parents for a while, hehe.

Golf R soon...
Trust me Debs! Its the best way to blow £150! lol!

You get assessed as well! Plus you get a wee certificate to say you have done it :)

Going to do the Porsche one next...:rasp:

Tangoed Works
would love to do one of these days, but i think im going to save the experience for when i can actually afford one. hmm how many years to go?