ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Final Major Project pics

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Well in just a few weeks i will have 5 years worth of studying photography, 2 in the form of a national diploma i did after my A levels and then a further 3 years after that studying my BA hons in photography and digital imaging.

i decided to base my final major project around the construction of landscapes. i created three different landscapes all expressing different concepts

the images dont really do themselves justice on screen, i have just got them back from being print on A2 canvas box frames and they look ace

the first (which some of you may have already seen) is that of canary wharf, all decayed, with a rusty porsche (the stock brokers car) showing the downfall of the economy

original
3531832952_f62a9cc3c2_o.jpg

chop
3531832164_111371b774_o.jpg

the second is based around the idea of petrol eventually running out. Hence the rusty garage with no petrol pumps and the fact we now have hover cars

original
3531015725_929fc8ae7e_o.jpg

chop
3531015509_953bbfe6d9_o.jpg

and the third image is based around the environment and pollution. this image is ment to show the last tree left on earth and it having to be encased in a glass box because of the amount of pollution. the image as shows how the environment has been effected by over development / the overcrowding population

original
3531019133_5321f502dd_o.jpg

chop
3531831106_866f12633b_o.jpg

sorry about the watermarks but they have taken a lot of time so i dont want people nabbing them

cheers
James

1.8 Civic EX
really like the last one....not sure on the others for some reason...bloody good photoshopping skills tho :)

alien green rs133
the pictures to me although look very good and you have some mega skills well done, look too busy?? (maybe its the rain blurr and pollution but just makes the image busy in my opinion, still well done non the less

1.2 Dynamique billabong
the pictures to me although look very good and you have some mega skills well done, look too busy?? (maybe its the rain blurr and pollution but just makes the image busy in my opinion, still well done non the less

they only look busy on screen mate as they are really small, they are all on A2 canvas so look much better in print form

Suzuki Ignis
Awesome work man, got skills. Im just finishing up ready for my FMP too. I do photography as well, my FMP is a journalism based piece.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
nice one jim. not criticising your work but the bottom pic - the glass on the left where it joins the wall of the bridge. Shouldn't the slats be going diagonal up into the wall/following the line of the bridge as it doesn't quiet look right. The top chop is my fave! can't fault it!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Love the 3rd with the glass box, nice work,

also agree with paul, made me think i am legend because of the dear eating the grass, just waiting for a mustang to come sideways round the corner lol

Slow red one
Lovely work and hope I get as good as you on PS someday! May be doing the same route you are, got my college interview soon. Off topic - could you PM me about what you got up to on the ND? Thanks.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
not yet buddy, my exhibition is in a couple of weeks so il get some then, at the moment they are wrapped up in about 2 tons of bubble wrap to keep them safe lol

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
seems like your photography course uses graphic design as its other half, did you enjoy it as i know a few people who hated it because it was boring as i was thinking about doing it after graphics

1.2 Dynamique billabong
seems like your photography course uses graphic design as its other half, did you enjoy it as i know a few people who hated it because it was boring as i was thinking about doing it after graphics

My course is titled BA Hons Photography & Digital Imaging. so we do a small amount on photoshop and a bit of very basic webdesign.
i have only got to the level on photoshop that i am at by learning it myself in more detail outside of uni. I have tried to learn as much about other techniques as possible to expand my skills base. such as learning video fx and creating a stop motion animation using adobe afterFX which we dont use on our course. I am also in the process of learning the art of matte painting using photoshop too.

As for the graphic design, nope we didnt do anything in the way of that, but if you are decent in photoshop and are creative i think you can still produce good results without having to be taught it. for example this is a screenshot of my website and seeing as i have done no graphic design training i think it looks ok

screen.jpg

screen2.jpg