ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first car!

1.2 16v dynamique
After just under a years worth of saving money earn't from my part-time job, I took to plunge and bought a Clio! Its a black 1.2 16v Dynamique 2002.. i'll be posting some photos later on next week... here the story commences!

I received the car from a local garage Thursday, after a few hours tinkering about and cleaning her, we took her for her first proper drive... The the massive smile has slowly been going!

I noticed the idle was very rough! It seems to be random, some times it'll start fine, the next it'll be very rough. It doesn't concern me much at the moment, as after a few minuets driving, its lovely and smooth, I imagine its down to one of the sensors or ECU; any ideas?

Saturday we jacked her up and had a good look underneath.. it appears at some point the previous owner has curbed the car quite badly and done some minor damage. The offside alloy has fairly bad curbing marks. The tracking seems to be out, and the offside anti roll bar seems to not be bolted on? As well as the offside CV gaiter being split and leaking. Last of all when going above 60 a slight whirring noise can be heard... possible a the worn CV join, but could also be the tires or just the general noise of a Clio's drive? Last of all, the the steering doesn't centre properly, especially when turning right.. possible down to the tracking being out, again any ideas?

Luckily, after a discussion with the dealer, he seems to have agreed with fixing the CV joint problems, anti roll bar and tracking free of charge! He will also get an electrician to look at the wiring, but i'm not getting my hopes up on the idling problem. I'm taking the car over to him on Monday and will update you with the progress!

When she's back and hopefully fixed, Ill then commence the the project :D Im keeping it simple and stock for the most part, fixing a few scratches, fixing some of the electrical problems, changing the audio system and finally giving her a good clean!

Wish me luck on Monday!!

1.2 16v dynamique
Its just about to hit 85k :)

Generally its a nice car, other than the odd scratch the body is nice and the interior is really clean. I'f this guy sticks to his words and sorts out the problems it'll be a fair nice little run around and a perfect first car (i hope)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Absolutely spot-on first car, mines is my first also and I love it, so much better than a Corsa!
Hopefully you get those issues sorted.
Any pics?