ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first clio. Newbie

Hello all got my first clio last week so thought I'd put some pictures up. What so you think.

64cdf010158398f3a8cd8be238f09037_zpscc0a5c95.jpg

1c01fd377811e5220dceced5c5c455ea_zps7b1fca59.jpg

b4744263b612744f32411183616671e2_zps3e6a3bc2.jpg

690647794396d419cc15b3ceeb424ba7_zpsfdfa3822.jpg

7917ad435af5deabd331494e39eb0e7f_zps6a113b93.jpg

If I drop it it probably won't fit in the garage. Gotta pay for my wedding first and get a house deposit sorted so will see what happens after that. This is how I got it only had it a week. Wasn't looking for a new car till after we had a house but this come up from a friend and only done 45k.

Regards the cup spoiler whats the difference? Are they easy to fit? Sorry this is just my first Renault.

Are spacers safe to use? Where can I get them n how wide to go? Would they be ok on standard suspension?

Have a look in here fella. Perfect for a Flame Red 172.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?636302-My-Sold-Flamer

Re the spacers, they're completely safe providing you go for hub-centric style ones. They'll go on with standard springs, but won't look as good as if it was lowered a little. The ones in the link I posted are 25mm at the front and 15mm at the rear. The cup spoiler is only a few little screws, and it replaces the small spoiler that's already on there. All nice easy stuff! :)

Last edited:
That clio sits really nice someone at work has his 172 slammed without spacers and always thought the wheels sit in the arches to much you can just see it in some of my pics, are the spacers expensive? Do ktech sell them?

I like the cup spoiler might try n get a price on one in a minute from Renault.

Arctic 182FF
Love flamers! Could definitely do with a slight drop in my opinion, seems high for a sport. Then (as previously mentioned) it'd benefit from spacers and possibly a cup spoiler. I'm not sure if it's just the picture but the font on the bullets (bits on the side that say 2.0 16v) looks a bit odd so I'd get the proper ones made up by ady182 on here, it'd be about £3 or something. Also, I'd spray the front grill black as yours looks a little faded to me and it would go with your splitter. Apart from that it looks great! Enjoy your car!

The grill is a lil faded been thinking of that plasti dip stuff or can you just spray it with a rattle can? I've never sprayed anything before. The previous owner done them side trim bits (bullets) when you say get some proper ones made up what do you mean? Don't they only come from Renault saying 2.0 16v in silver?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't be suprised if that was a former member/users car: Bullets, silvervisions, cf splitter, exhaust with 182 surround - may be worth asking if you wanted to know more about the cars history.

Does looks very nice.

I'm not sure if the previous owner uses the forum but he told me to join. This was his 3rd clio sport we go way back all his cars have been clean well looked after. Yeah it's a 182 exhaust surround I ordered it for him and couldn't believe how expensive it was.

Arctic 182FF
The grill is a lil faded been thinking of that plasti dip stuff or can you just spray it with a rattle can? I've never sprayed anything before. The previous owner done them side trim bits (bullets) when you say get some proper ones made up what do you mean? Don't they only come from Renault saying 2.0 16v in silver?
I rattle canned mine and i'm certainly no spraying expert. I used some satin black hammerite stuff from halfords that you didn't even need primer with, just sanded down the grill with various grades of wet and dry then sprayed it with this stuff, turned out great and only cost ~£10. I just mean some stickers that have the original font/shape because what you have at the moment looks different to me (I could be wrong since I have a 1.2, not a sport) there's nothing wrong with them, it'd just annoy me a bit. I'd definitely suggest spraying the grill though, made mine look loads better.
Also if it was my car I'd get the 197 style 'renault sport' badge but that's just me.

Just thought I'd put a quick update on what I've done.

Fitted a ITG panel filter

Polybushed dog bone mount

Wind deflectors

And painted my callipers.

Had the cambet and aux belts changed with a new dephaser.

e5anygyp.jpg

uqe6ybad.jpg

Was going to get a RS stamped lower manifold but found out I've already got one.

Next ill be restoring the headlights then nothing else for the near future.

That's come up superb Mate! Flame red is such a great colour in all lights. (Probably slightly biased) ,
What cleaning stuff was used? It's about time I gave mine a proper going over!

Arctic 182
She looks gorgeous mate! Was it the AG clay kit with the yellow/orange label on the front, & was it easy to use?