ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My f'kd b*tch - Vol. 2

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOgone
Low doesnt mean better.

Look at a Group N Tarmac spec Clio Cup vs a Cup racer.

The cup racer is prob 50mm lower but the group N car would handle better on the road.

yer but on the road using road coilover , i would out handle ur car!

I agree with Evo here....

Lee

BMW M2C
polarbert said:
lol, think you need to tell them about everything, i'd especially tell em bout the suspension!
I don't know if it's still the case, but they used to see suspension mods are far worse than most engine mods. That's what I was told when I enquired a few years back.

The offroader stance of the Trophy is where it's at.

Snotter's
Also agree that for the road its to low,just because the cup racer's are low doesnt mean a road car should be.I have no doubt on a smooth track it would be amazing but on the road its to low

Snotter's
what i meant is that it would be better slighlty higher for road use,im sure it handles well but based on the states of my local roads it must get a bit sketchy sometimes

Ph1 172
Adam it looks graet mate, soz bout the weekend, we will have to sort out the angle grinder mini again soon.
dont think you need to go lower at front though mate lol

nathan

Snotter's
its just the back that seems a touch low,can you feel any difference ? end of the day if it feels better to you then thats all that counts.It does look s**t hot tho,makes me wanna buy one

Engles Mummy
No problems Nathan, but if you stand me up again it will be you who is getting angel grinded!

Every week I will lower the front until I get rubbing, and if there is rub...by god as my witness I will angel grind the car to bits to stop it if I have to!

Sohrob, I have noticed the back end holds up a lot better; it doesn't tend to stray off when going very quickly round corners.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOgone
Low doesnt mean better.

Look at a Group N Tarmac spec Clio Cup vs a Cup racer.

The cup racer is prob 50mm lower but the group N car would handle better on the road.

yer but on the road using road coilover , i would out handle ur car!

I agree with Evo here....

i agree with the statement but have you ever driven or felt what a race or rally car is lie to drive on british roads? they spend hours and hours developing and setting the suspension and anything associated with it for the particular circuit, a coilovered clio doesnt have these adjustments, plus race or ralyy suspension is so damn hard and stiff you will break something at the slightest pothole,

3 MPS
rob172cup said:
would you rather have the cup over the 225

no, the megane is a faster car, but i miss the fun factor of the cup,
the magane is a suprisingly good handler but not as much fun to chuck about.

what camber and toe have you got it set to?

getting the best handling setup does not equal as low as you can get it.

spring rates, ride height, damping, tyre pressures, camber, castor, rake, corner weights etc. etc. all combine to produce a car that handles well.

If you are after looks fair enough it looks like you have a nice car. If you want something that handles as well as it can then you will have to sacrifice the looks. If you go to low with out increasing the spring rates you will risk the suspension bottoming out causing unpredictable handling and rubbing which also upsets the car when cornering.

Take it to a professionel outfit to get it all setup properly and give you some advice. I am sure you are only after the looks really??

Engles Mummy
Exactly m8^

I have never been too bothered about how the car looks as I'm more in to performance. The cars transformation from standard to coils has been unbelievable so now I'm fine with it but when I get some money together good old yozza hunny will sort out the balancing and the proper set up for it.

Until then I might as well go as loooow as possible!

Cheers, Adam

Glacier White 197 Cup
Love the stance. What coilovers are they and what do they lower to? Where u purchase them from? Cheers mate. p.s. Would they fit a normal 172 mk2?

Engles Mummy
FK KONI ADJUSTABLE coilovers

Front is on 7 out of 10 for the lowest (1= lowest 10 = highest)
Rear is on its lowest setting

John2modified got me the best deal!

Yes it will fit your car no problems

cheers, adam

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Subway said:
lol

Not everyone on this forum can read, so I made it easier for them.

yr avatar - i'm still awaiting the 1/4 mile proof fella ;)