ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My f'kd b*tch

Engles Mummy
Hi all, before you see the pictures please read this heartfelt story of a young man who's just trying to get his cup’s ass to the floor. Thank you.

Here we go...

After 5 hours of fitting & setting the coilovers on the car, I & Lawrence finally lowered down the jack and the results were incredible & slightly worrying. The car was simple TOO low; the front tyres were right inside the arch, the car was about two inches of the ground and it rubbed as soon as I tried to turn the wheel. It was so low we couldn’t even get the jack out from under it lol.

So anyway, we finally managed to jack the b**ch up again and we changed the settings. Still we lowered it down and it was again to low…this process carried on for another six times and finally we were happy with a curtain height. So we got the car ready, Lawrence got in and started it…seat belt light came on and doors locked straight away…something didn’t seem right. Put it in first gear, tried to set off…nothing happened lol Car wouldn’t even stall itself in any gear, nothing was moving…car was in a coma.

^At this point I shat myself.

So we got out and had a look around, we both pretended we new what we were doing by checking under the bonnet, we couldn’t find anything. So genius Lawrence pushed the car forward and we both heard a knocking noise on the driver side wheel, so we jacked it up…took the wheel off and to our horror the drive shaft had popped out of the gear box!

^I just shat myself again.

So I rang a friend up (Nathan) and he said he should just simple pop back in ECT (he was very helpful). So I got under the car (risking my life) and some how managed to pop the drive shaft back in, it seem to slip it a bit to easily….So we put the wheel back on, lowered it and the car to our amazement f**king moved!

So we took it round the block, car was rubbing all over the place so took it back in and sorted it all out. After more painful hours we finally managed to put it on a setting which worked.

But anyway, I could go on for another five pages but I am sorry I will have to finish there.

Overall it took us 12 hours to complete, car still rubs slightly but will soon get that sorted…by a dear old friend of mine called Mr. Angle Grinder.

I would just like to give a very special thanks to Lawrence for basically doing the whole project and putting up with my bitching & a special thanks to Yozza & Nathan who also helped me out when things got desperate.

Pictures will be posted by Lawrence in this topic

Cheers All

Adam

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
pics of the pain in the arse b**ch

adamandme006.jpg

woops not that b**ch

this b**ch

Clio1.gif

sideshot

Clio6.gif

rear

Clio2.gif

that splitter wont last

Clio61.gif

rear

Clio7.gif

front

Ad

MK2 FRS
Looks mint, similar to how I wanted my 182 to look.

Would put better tyres on the back imho....

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
defo not to low, we drove to my sisters in central london and was holding up traffic coz we couldnt get over speeds humps, just how it should be hehehe, will be going lower though

MKIII 138
FK ? are they highsports (ironic really they should be called really really low sports)

cant you go down something mad like 70mm and thats on a 172 !

Engles Mummy
It's an FK KONI adjustable kit.

The kit can go seriously low, as for the handling i am waiting for a sunny dry day!

Weeman sucks ****
Looks just like mine, just get rid of the bumper mounting plates under the front arches and you won't rub. Bend em up or cut them off.

Dansta is lower than that iirc?

Weeman sucks ****
Yes mate, still around. Changed job recently and do quite a few miles now so get home at a different time, might be why?

E91 M Sport
Had the suspension geometry been done yet?

Looks like the back is lower than the front....get the angle grinder out boys! ;)

Engles Mummy
Yea I have bent the front bumper mountings out of the way, never new you could cut them off...surely the front bumper would be partly hanging off?

The car still slightly rubs on the passenger side when I apply full lock RIGHT at about 5-10mph. I think I know what it is now, a small lump sticks out under/inside my arch...not sure would it is but then again I don't want to try hammer it back in...Might be something important!

Yea the back is lower then the front, the front is almost on the lowest setting. Scale from 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest; I am on an 8. So not low at all really!

E91 M Sport
Subway said:
Yea I have bent the front bumper mountings out of the way, never new you could cut them off...surely the front bumper would be partly hanging off?

Don't cut them off completely! The angle grinder will allow you to take them back enough.

Subway said:
The car still slightly rubs on the passenger side when I apply full lock RIGHT at about 5-10mph. I think I know what it is now, a small lump sticks out under/inside my arch...not sure would it is but then again I don't want to try hammer it back in...Might be something important!

If it's directly below the fuse box then smack the hell out of it with a lump hammer to flatten it a bit. Might have to put some fuses back in afterwards. lol

Engles Mummy
lol just tried hammering that lump, sort of worked but its still slightly there! I looked under the bonnet and a few fuses popped out. Almost shat myself again but was easy to find there home.

E91 M Sport
Subway said:
lol just tried hammering that lump, sort of worked but its still slightly there! I looked under the bonnet and a few fuses popped out. Almost shat myself again but was easy to find there home.

haha, when I first did it, my aircon relay popped loose - I was sitting there in my steamed up car thinking that something must be wrong!!

The lump won't dissapear completely (unless you've got one big mofo hammer), so just get it a bit flatter. That point of the arch shouldn't cause you too many issues now....not like the ridge / seam that pokes out almost all the way round...;)

Ph1 172
well done mate. it looks like a proper b$tch now lmao.
could still go lower at tha back mate. and when u gonna get your 2020,s ;-)

Picture022.jpg

nathan

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
one thing im not to sire about now is which way round the spring things go ie small spring at the top then platform then larger spring at the bottom? gonna lower it even more tomorrow

Ph1 172
lawrence said:
one thing im not to sire about now is which way round the spring things go ie small spring at the top then platform then larger spring at the bottom? gonna lower it even more tomorrow

I would have thought you two would have had enough of playing with coilovers now;-) lol

nathan