ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My fun today with 3M DiNoc Carbon

Monaco 53/468
Well I'm off all week and was already bored by lunchtime today! So I found my DiNoc 3M Carbon Fibre sample and got to work.

I had two samples from 3M, one 'orrible light coloured one and one bang tidy one, so I used the gash one first on the front diamond to test the stuff out and learn how stretchable, sticky and forgiving it was;

iPhone pics, sorry

fd1965c2.jpg

So, confident that I seemed to have found the 'nack' for it I ripped the crappy colour off (with difficulty - this shiz is frikin' sticky!)

df7f6fe2.jpg

Then cracked on with the proper stuff, looks ace;

b92945cf.jpg

Then realised I had plenty of the sample left so had a shot at my bullets, I forgot the pic though before fitting back on my car so you'll have on read on for now!...

After doing both bullets I STILL had some DiNoc spare! So I removed my boot handle and cracked on with that;

4ccae55c.jpg

All parts fitted back on the ol' girl and ta daaaaaaaaaaaa;

91af2afe.jpg

f0e67973.jpg

b92c1f06.jpg

e764cded.jpg

745c0be9.jpg

I'm well happy with the results. PM me if your interested in me doing yours!

Steve

Clio Dynamique S 1.5 DCI
copy! :p nice job on the diamond, i couldn't get it to wrap onto the inside of the diamond as it was too deep :( how did you do it?

Also on the bullets it looks like you need to heat the edges up a lil more to get it to wrap roung a lil better.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Badges look nice mate, not sure on the bullets though. Would look great if they were smoothed.

Monaco 53/468
thanks all. I'm going to spend a bit more time on the bullets. I emailed 3M directly acting as a company and requested some samples, a few days later they arrived in the post!

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Was this recently? I know everybody was doing it a few months back

thanks all. I'm going to spend a bit more time on the bullets. I emailed 3M directly acting as a company and requested some samples, a few days later they arrived in the post!

Monaco 53/468
I did it off the back off that mate yeah, but it was after 3M changed the link online from "free sample" to "more info"

Monaco 53/468
Just spent another ten mins on each bullet and they're a million times better now, thanks for the feedback all. The lettering is now a lot more defined, pretty much like Ralphizzle's (linked above)

Megane 225 F1
I think you should use some heat to make the vynal mouldable to the bullets. Looks awsome though.

Mr CF bonnet & Splitter ;)

and door and spoiler and bullets. ;)

i mean i dont wanna be nasty, nor snobby, because people know i aint, but i saved and scrimped to get my CF bits and its so worth the time to have the good stuff. this wrap lark just doesnt appeal, its like having reedok trainers... monaco standard looks lush anyway :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
totally agree with the done thing now... as soon as i see it i know its just fancy stick back plastic...

saying that ive just done my door pulls as they were a bit tatty

27745_394156193483_505458483_3869023_5752004_n.jpg

Clio 172 RS2
Each to their own... innit? :approve:

I have the Streamline CF bullets lying round... so sue me for instead using leftover carbo vinyl foil! :rasp: