ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Future Plans Ideas Appreciated

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey all am unsure what to do. I have a 2003 1.2 clio Dynamique love it to bits but i donno if to get a MK3 the best one i have seen to my taste so far on here is BioHzrd's i think this car is amazing it looks great.

I was thinking about waiting till my insurance is due before getting a new car next april so i can get something faster maybe even a 197.

SDC10008.jpg

Here he is standing proud :approve:

Not the most recent pic as i have

1. just got a new aerial
2. painted the drums and cals
3. gave it a bloody good clean lol

Future plans if i keep:

1. lowered (on what and need help fitting anyone know a good place near manchester?)
2.splitter (any recommendations?)

Anything else?

if i keep it i would do this or would it be better to get an MK3 1.2 or wait. I think i would prefer to wait but the car is on 53,000 just over and isnt this near the cambelt change ish area?

Any inputs appreciated :cool:

Cheers

Depend how much you like the mk3 shape tbh, remember a 172 can be had for 5k & it'll be a decent one.

Clio 1.2 16v
how much is a cambelt change roughly? my mates snapped and it cost him £550. Dont wanna have to pay this never had any probs with it. I love the MK3 i dnt think i wud purchase a 172 maybe a 182 at a good price though.

depends where you get the work done anytime i do hear it i usually hear 4 something, are your wheels 17''? if so then id say a 60mm drop on springs should be ok, as above, code it all and tint the front ;)

Clio 1.2 16v
depends where you get the work done anytime i do hear it i usually hear 4 something, are your wheels 17''? if so then id say a 60mm drop on springs should be ok.

yeh my wheels are 17" wolfrace Kendo seen some nicer wheels but think i would put them on a new car when i got that

depends where you get the work done anytime i do hear it i usually hear 4 something, are your wheels 17''? if so then id say a 60mm drop on springs should be ok.

yeh my wheels are 17" wolfrace Kendo seen some nicer wheels but think i would put them on a new car when i got that
when do you plan on upgrading? if really soon then it might be wiser to sell them fling on your old wheels and any modding money can go towards buying and playing with your new car when you get it...? no?

Clio 1.2 16v
when do you plan on upgrading? if really soon then it might be wiser to sell them fling on your old wheels and any modding money can go towards buying and playing with your new car when you get it...? no?

aye i was thinking this as my mate is after a set of wheels and likes mine so was gonna give them to him cheap but am unsure what to do i do love my car and would like to mod it abit more i think.

Any more tips the main three as follows:

1. Colour Code
2. Lowered (most expensive and need help doing lol)
3. Front Tints

Looks like mine when i first had it. I think you should keep that and get its lowered 60mm or on FK's lose the alloys and get some 172 alloys and get the done it anthra and a cup spoiler ;p

Clio 1.2 16v
Looks like mine when i first had it. I think you should keep that and get its lowered 60mm or on FK's lose the alloys and get some 172 alloys and get the done it anthra and a cup spoiler ;p

i would never get 172 wheels lol not my cuppa tea i like to be different am not a full on boy racer i dnt drive everywhere in 2nd gear lol.

i would like to lower it thoo do you have any pics of yours?

aye i was thinking this as my mate is after a set of wheels and likes mine so was gonna give them to him cheap but am unsure what to do i do love my car and would like to mod it abit more i think.

1. Colour Code
3. Front Tints
the transport police or whatever they are called can get you for it, so itl be up to you if you want to take the risk, but i did mine and havent had any grief, then again its really light

Clio 1.2 16v

1. Colour Code
3. Front Tints
the transport police or whatever they are called can get you for it, so itl be up to you if you want to take the risk, but i did mine and havent had any grief, then again its really light

yeh they can do you if its over 30% i hear there semi tinted already thats why i thought it would be pointless

yeh they can do you if its over 30% i hear there semi tinted already thats why i thought it would be pointless
yeah there is a factory tint but still pretty light in comparison to the back when its tinted. . .imo tint all or nothing

Clio 1.2 16v
yeah there is a factory tint but still pretty light in comparison to the back when its tinted. . .imo tint all or nothing

back was tinted when i got it keep thinking whether to have the front done might go and have it done sooon...