ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Hairdressers mk2 mx5

e92 330i
That looks really nice kieran, much prefer the black wheels actually. Couldnt stay away from the low cars eh.

BlackGold 182
Thanks mate! Nope had to be done! Lol

Oem front lip ordered albeit a replica as im not paying £200+ for one!

Listerine & Poledo
Good man, it'll look pretty tasty :)
Just avoid adding those fog-light-warts.

Still can't find a pic of the other Mazda wing to show you what I mean, but it could well look a bit daft anyway.

Which set of lowz kit are you thinking of BTW?

BlackGold 182
Yeaaa I'm not goin to be adding those fog lights, the wing that you sent me I still don't like lol I'm pretty much set on the ducktail one

Listerine & Poledo
go ducktail then fella, I don't like them much but it's not my car so... well, nuts to me! :)
If I go '5 instead of Barge in November, I'll be trying to hunt out the metal-strutted wing, but first things first, I'll need a 2005 Icon with Aircon :(

BlackGold 182
Sounds good mate!!

Im looking at getting a pair of aero catches fitted, as last week was driving along bonnet and it pinged open (not right open) so is now a good excuse for some aero catches

Where could I find someone to fit them? Anyone know anyone handy with tools that might be able to do it? LOl

BlackGold 182
recieved my new tyres today for the rear as they're basically slips from being so bald! Got a used set of toyo tr1s for £70 6mm tread on each, 215/40 to go on my 9j :)

also recieved Mazda badge for the front which
will be going on shortly

Listerine & Poledo
Which would actually be the correct one anyway, my 'tard there.

Eternal flame badges went out in '97

You going to have it in silver, or colour code it to match? ;)

BlackGold 182
Yeaa think I'm gonna stick to the chrome for now, been trying to get the interior air vents out but they do not want to shift! I want to spray the surrounds silver to make it look a little less dull and dated

BlackGold 182
Yeaaa I noticed them but if I could just be able to get them out it would cost £7 In a can of paint instead and I'd prefer silver than chrome too

BlackGold 182
got my new tyres fitted today, feels so nice to have some confidence going into corners and some grip!

still awaiting for my oem splitter to be delivered, cant wait to get it on will defiantly look alot more aggressive at the front

BlackGold 182
Right as much as I try to enjoy the car it just doesn't feel right for me.

So now up for sale, looking for another 172 if anyone wants a swap/px

Otherwise I'm looking for £2.2k Ono

Listerine & Poledo
Ohhh just put a a proper, crank-driven blower on it ;)

EFA

and an air-con unit, leather, chassic braces, Bilsteins..... it's gonna soon add up.

I'm just going to have to wait and go Icon.

Nice motor though, can't see you having a problem in off-loading it

Suzuki Jimny
EFA

and an air-con unit, leather, chassic braces, Bilsteins..... it's gonna soon add up.

I'm just going to have to wait and go Icon.

Nice motor though, can't see you having a problem in off-loading it

Why the hell are you so obsessed with air-con in a convertible?

320d
If I was you I'd hold onto it a little longer. It took me a few months to gel with my MX5 then I grew to love it. Albeit I'm now back in a Clio which does say a lot.

Listerine & Poledo
Why the hell are you so obsessed with air-con in a convertible?

Because I had an MX-5 without it and having the roof off is fine providing you're moving.

But that isn't always the case. If you are stuck and it's beating down sun you can't have the roof off because you'll get burnt to a crisp, but if you put it up you feel like a boil-in-the-bag dinner.

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Knew it wouldn't be hard :)

Ah well, seemed like a good idea at the time eh? I'll bare that in mind come the day the 172 goes