ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Integra Type R DC2

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
My new car :D

Picked it up from Rob off here on Weds, and it's awesome!

So much better than the Clio, faster in a straight line without doubt, corners so fast I've not dared find the limits yet, but even so it beats the Clio hands down.

Needed/needs a few bits:

Swap front pads - Done
Machine polish - half done
Cambelt + service - this weekend
Spoiler + possibly roof respray - some point soon
2 x new recaros - possibly

Not going to modify this one, just getting it mint!

Anyways, me Luke (the Boosh) and Ryan (Razza25) had a good going over the car yesterday. Car was pretty faded in places, loads of RDS and swirls, plan was to get it shiny at least!

Got around 50% of the car at a guess, the bonnet, bumper and wing that were resprayed last year never even got a look in, did both 3/4's, drivers full side, tried to roof but no luck.
Bought another G220 though, so gonna get it mint myself now, Luke is gonna give it a go when he gets a rotary on the roof as it is pink as hell, if not I'll get it sprayed.

Pics on iphone so are rubbish, don't show the fading at all, but whatever....

IMG_0626.gif

IMG_0629.gif

IMG_0630.gif

IMG_0632.gif

IMG_0633.gif

IMG_0634.gif

IMG_0635.gif

Claying took all 3 of us....

IMG_0638.gif

IMG_0639.gif

The fading wasnt picked up on the pics.

IMG_0643.gif

IMG_0645.gif

Managed it on this though, spoiler against polished wing

IMG_0649.gif

And a few finished / beading

IMG_0652.gif

IMG_0657.gif

DSC00968.gif

DSC00970.gif

IMG_0661.gif

IMG_0659.gif

Then got my new plates today, so fitted them

IMG_0663.gif

IMG_0665.gif

Can't remember the exact process, but snow foamed, clayed, rinsed, then used Menz polishes with the PC, some of it took some shifting! Then EGP'd, SRP'd and waxed with Collinites x 2 coats.

Looks a million times better, and once it is finished it will be that much better again!
Not bad for 10 years old and 100k miles!

Big thanks to Luke and Ryan.

PS luke is available for rent, for both car cleaning and sexual acts, so please pm me to arrange.
Also, when I get back with a G220 I will be available for hire to PC cars.

Enjoy.

Oh, and just to finish off...

V-Tec y0.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Looking good. The roof may end up needing respraying if it's anything like mine, I machine-polished it and it wasn't having any of it. My wing mirrors are also somewhat more Milano Pink! Liking the smaller plate too, has given me food for thought...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Look much better in the flesh. And yes they are dated, inside and outside. BUT, I love it to bits, people havent a clue what it is, how fast it is, how awesome it is etc etc.

Just fancied somethign different, had 3 clios, and will be going back to one in a years time when I get a V6.

Jamie, I fear you're right, got a quote coming through from my bodyshop for the spoiler and roof, if Luke can shift it then its awesome, if not I'll have it sprayed.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looking good. The roof may end up needing respraying if it's anything like mine, I machine-polished it and it wasn't having any of it. My wing mirrors are also somewhat more Milano Pink! Liking the smaller plate too, has given me food for thought...

Exactly what was happening FFS i was gutted. First time id ever came across it. I attacked it with powergloss on a cutting pad and it didn't do a thing. Im going to give it a go with the rotory when i get it as a last resort - If not then i think it will be a respray jobby. Sorry we couldn't get it 100% Joe - Weather was s**t and we didn't have as much time as id hoped for. Bit gutted really. Will definatly come and attack it with you again though when i bring you my g220 X

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Great stuff joe

Always meant to get someone to give it a detailing as your aware im more of a driver than a polisher :rasp:

Shes looking great mate, proper weird seeing someone else post pics of your old car :cool:

MCS R56
They do have a sweet retro look to them!

Although they are quick, I didn't find it any quicker than the Cup. Plus the dated interior was enough for me not to buy one but still a great motor!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Lovely car! :approve:

Did you detail it in a school playground?

yeh, Ryan (razza25) is a buildings officer for a school in sheffield. I managed to convince him to lend me the shelter so i could do joes car even if it rained. Hes a legend!

I think it only looks dated from the rear, shame the fog light is cut into the rear bumper.

Awesome car though, love milano, nice and clean.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
v. nice, i love the way it says DC2 on the front bumper!!

p.s are they Turinis?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ DC2?! You mean Integra?!

Nope not turinis, standard Teg wheels, they are super light though!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
lol.
The Clio is sold now, went a little over a week ago :(

I miss it loads, but love the Integra too!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Yes mate, literally miles apart.

I'm coming off roundabouts 10mph faster than the Clio and I'm not even nailing it as much as i could. Where the clio would understeer/TC kick in, the Integra wants you to go faster, the LSD makes such a huge difference, pulls you around the corner and doesnt lose traction!

Straight line, if you get a good start it will eat the Clio, I was neck and neck with a 350Z, he only pulled slightly on me at 80+, and even then only enough to be able to pull in front when the road narrowed.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've had 2 runs ins with DC2s, one was a very twisty B-road, both going for it, i managed to hang on to the back off him and i was 3 up!

At RAF marham I played with one for about 20 mins and He couldn't get past me, and then i let him past and i couldn't get him that included the full length of a runway to.

53 Clio's & counting
^ Yes mate, literally miles apart.

I'm coming off roundabouts 10mph faster than the Clio and I'm not even nailing it as much as i could. Where the clio would understeer/TC kick in, the Integra wants you to go faster, the LSD makes such a huge difference, pulls you around the corner and doesnt lose traction!

Straight line, if you get a good start it will eat the Clio, I was neck and neck with a 350Z, he only pulled slightly on me at 80+, and even then only enough to be able to pull in front when the road narrowed.

Hmm, interesting mate, iv had a run with a few and there is never any difference untill 100+, and those were JDM's too.. i suppose its the old case of good ones and bad ones, though i don't have TC to slow me down ;)

Wanna get a decent speedo vid mate? Iv yet to find one thats good quality

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Possibly bad driver/car.

Mechanically mine is sound, and from driving it back to back with the 182, it is a lot quicker down my local rally tracks.
Edit - ok maybe not alot, but definately pulls more speed through the corners and keeping it in vtec, after 80 it would cruise the 182, plus beat it to 60. Most standard DC2's at Santapod run low 14's with 6.2ish to 60.

Russ, I'll try, but got an iphone so may prove difficult ;)

53 Clio's & counting
iv been on dc2 forum for a while and most on there std seem to run mid to high 14s matey - dont get me wrong i dont mean to come across funny, just telling what iv heard :) i cant wait till i can afford a DC2 :)

the big problem thats stopping me is the fuel consumption, having to make swift progress vtec would have to be used alot, where as i only need 5k in the clio to really motor if that makes sense?

Swift Sport
Hmm, interesting mate, iv had a run with a few and there is never any difference untill 100+, and those were JDM's too.. i suppose its the old case of good ones and bad ones, though i don't have TC to slow me down ;)

Wanna get a decent speedo vid mate? Iv yet to find one thats good quality

+1 tbh ...there's a lad in town with a DC5 and I'm yet to see him gain anything significant on me, pretty much the same every time.

Awesome car though Pepsi, looks ace! If had one I know I'd spend a small fortune modding it!!

The JDM thread is so inspiring!!! :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've been reading through their 1/4 mile times and my take was lower, but either way, still a step up from the 1*2's in my opinion.

They don't drink it too much before v-tec, and there isnt a huge lack of pull under 6k, but obviously not as good as the clio under it. I reckon they won't be far off clio economy, low 30's should be acheivable.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love it!!!
But faster in a straight line?

hmmmmm ive had a few commings together, in my 172 Cup (UK DC2) and a JDM in my 197 and they were pretty even tbh, even pulled on the JDM a length or two.

Superb machines though, it may be an avenue i may go down in a few years time :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Maybe my 182 was 'slow' then.

Anyways, don't want this to turn into an argument of sorts, just wanted people to drool over my car ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
How much do these go for? (ish)

Do JDM's command a premium?

I love em when they hit 'yo, they sound the nuts!!!

MCS R56
Sorry, as much as they are great handling cars, maybe the best hot hatch to date and have a great engines, they do not cruise 182's. I'm going on my experience with my Cup. Both have similar power to weight, and there just ain't much in it. I've no experience above three digit speeds.

If you are taking that 6.2 to 60 from Evo, then check the 0-100.

Don't get me wrong, they are such capable cars - my good friend had one for a while and it was really special but it was so even with the Cup. Just me experience. I'm not trying to beef the Clio either.

* Just read your comment. This is not me arguing btw!