ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My internet options?

Nothing at the mo :(
Right im not that clued up with broadband

I live in a area that does not have cable for virgin media.. but apparantly by so called "box" down the road is accepting orders for fibre optic?

According to my postcode virgin can't give me fibre but some how BT can? :S

yeah i can get it with sky but its more expensive, plus i get a joining discount for joining with BT, and sky are not giving a renewal discount or anything the tight b*****ds

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Threaten to leave sky. Price up Virgin TV only and then BT for Fibre. Sky may cave in. Did for the old man.

I have just got the Internet set up with EE, £5 a month unlimited and they put £30 credit into my account for joining.

EE is BT though.

BMW F21 125d
BT will able to provide, for other providers to be able to the local exchange needs to be LLU and the FTTC for fibre.

Google "samknows" and search for your postcode to find your local exchange, it'll tell you who can provide what.

BT will able to provide, for other providers to be able to the local exchange needs to be LLU and the FTTC for fibre.

Google "samknows" and search for your postcode to find your local exchange, it'll tell you who can provide what.

Ok i got this

The following services are available in your location:

• BT Wholesale ADSL
  • BT Wholesale ADSL Max
  • BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
  • BT Wholesale SDSL
  • BT FTTC
  • AOL LLU
  • O2 / Be LLU
  • Bulldog LLU
  • TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
  • Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
  • Tiscali LLU
  • Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)

So that means BT Fibre is ok?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So you can get any FTTC deal then (except virgin).

Compare BT/Sky/Plusnet/TalkTalk etc. We are with BT, seems the best for the level of service and download limits.

According to my postcode virgin can't give me fibre but some how BT can?
smiley5.gif

Just means Virgin don't have their own equipment in the area.

Join Plusnet on their new unlimited package for fibre - If you take home phone at the minute I think you can have Unlimited Fibre up to 76mbps for 6months half price (9.99) then its 19.99 - line rental is 13.99

Used plusnet at a pervious job for about 50 non essential external lines.

Never had a problem with them and their support is epic the odd time an exchange went down and we had to call them.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My fibre optic broadband is with Plusnet. It's been faultless for the 6 months we've had it.

Join Plusnet on their new unlimited package for fibre - If you take home phone at the minute I think you can have Unlimited Fibre up to 76mbps for 6months half price (9.99) then its 19.99 - line rental is 13.99

Im just about to take this up. Quidco are doing a £70 cashback too atm which ends in 2 days.. So before i do it tomorrow is there any better? especially for that cracking price