ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lotus Europa with new wheels

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Got new wheels on my "new" Lotus Europa.

What do you think:

Before:
IMG_4810.jpg

After:
17032011079.jpg

17032011078.jpg

17032011077.jpg

17032011076.jpg

17032011075.jpg

17032011074.jpg

Hope you like

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Without a hint of sarcasm that is the worst looking car I've ever seen, on either set of wheels.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Yeah it is real minilites, but only alloy ones, not magnesium. Tyres are R888's.

And it is a S2 with the the Renault engine. This had however been converted to a crossflow engine like the ones in the Alpine A110 1600S. Mine is bored up to 1750 ccm and with some other goodies.
The engine builder estimates it to around 170 hp. But i need to get it RR'd at some point.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, let me rephrase.

Looks awesome mate, really love it!

I apologise if my opinion offended anybody I've never met nor will ever meet. :quiet:

chumpmobile
wheels look so much better mate!
but not a fan on the car really, looks like a slapped arse!

Italian 3.2 V6
Yeah it is real minilites, but only alloy ones, not magnesium. Tyres are R888's.

And it is a S2 with the the Renault engine. This had however been converted to a crossflow engine like the ones in the Alpine A110 1600S. Mine is bored up to 1750 ccm and with some other goodies.
The engine builder estimates it to around 170 hp. But i need to get it RR'd at some point.

ahh, thought it might be the same engine thats in my dads 1979 Lotus s3 super7. (could do with knowing someone in the know about this engine.)

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Cheers guys, i know its looks are a bit of marmite. I actually quite like it. You can't call it pretty, i guess it got character at best. But these cars are all about the driving experience anyways.

GTD, Lupo
Take it from someone with an ugly car, thats not all that bad looking.

How old is it and whats the bodywork made from?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i was kinda expecting to be seing a evora shaped car when i clicked this.

not really to my taste, but wheels looked good tho and very well kept condition wise

Stripped yozza'd cup
I prefer the look of the minilites BUT I'm a firm believer in keeping classic cars like this standard tbh.... but there we go, I don't own the thing!

Respect on the car choice by the way, so hideously ugly, that it's cool.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Yeah it doesn't hang about. It is way faster than the pinto powered seven i had before. And the VERY cramped interior makes it quite a scary experience.

Listerine & Poledo
love the Europa (this and the newer one)

Those wheels look so much better too, set it off in its 70's glory.

Of course, being CS, I'd imagine someone will have suggested Turinis at some point, at which point a dry-backhander should be delivered

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Is that a"55" Two lane blacktop replica i see in the background ?

I don't know mate. It defenietly is a 1955 Chevy 2dr Hard Top. I googled the black top thing and it looks similar.
This one is being built for historic drag racing. It has a 8 litre or something V8 with eletronic injection and alot of other toys, and those huge intake stacks.
I think he said that he is hoping for arund 700 HP. I my world it is just a big boat, but there are defenietly going some effort into it.

sorry if i sound negative but the car doesnt float my boat at all. but i can SO appreiciate the effort and its personal to each person aint it :)

the new wheels do look ALOT better... any mod cons subtly getting thrown in sir?

bet the quim will love you rolling round in that!

Evo 5 RS
That looks really well kept. I like the wheel choice also.

It's such an odd shape though. Probably something that grows on you I guess

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Cheers guys, and yeah you can first really appreciate an Europa when you stand next to it. It is so rediculously low, only 1 meter high. That makes it a bit more dramatic in person.
Only mods going on now is fitting a leather covered centre console and door sides. Only need to do the passenger side, and then it is like i want it.
Have been thinking about adding some sort of stripe on it though.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Ohh and Naith i doubt that the women will like it that much. It is uncomfortable, chlaustrophobic and very loud.