ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My m3 on black wheels?

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Hello chaps not posted on here for a while since selling my 172 some time ago... For anyone interested since the Clio I have owned a 350 bhp astra gsi turbo, a blob eye impreza ( yes yes I know) and an Mazda rx8 and yes they are as bad on fuel as everyone says... Last Monday I had a chance to buy my dream car somthing I have longed after since I was 14 an e46 m3! It is a fantastic price of kit and everything I ever hoped for! To anyone considering one if you have the money to maintain it and keep it well serviced etc do it you won't regret it... Now this leads me on to my request... It has suffered (badly) with the dreaded corroded rims

I'm in 2 minds about what to do, have the
Refurbed or sell up and buy some
Csl's would it be possible for someone to photoshop a e46 in
Silver on some black 19's I'd supply a picture only I'm on my phone!

Many thanks
Scoot

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I think black either looks amazing or shite there is no middle ground... I like gun metal but don't want to just jump on the bandwagon with everyone else also I don't want to go for a ridiculous colour... Lol.. Suggestions?

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Lol! So keep with polished? I think they are a bit bling bling especially at night stick out like a sore thumb

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
standard polished wheels looks the best imo, knows its an m3 when you see them puppys shining

Z4
Don't go for black...
Here's mine on the standard wheels, they were freshly diamond cut not so long ago.
IMG_0484.jpg

If I were you, I'd get them properly polished up. They'll strip the wheels down and polish them up and put a lot of sealant on there for good measure, the shine is unreal and doesn't look too 'bling' they suit the car to the ground.

Glad you're enjoying the M, lovely cars! :)

Not black... always looks chav to me on M3's. Only way to go is standard or CSL in my honest opinion, both in silver

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Lovely car chris :) exactly the same as mine except your wheels look in better condition ;) I'm loving m ownership was a little werey of smg but have grown to love it... How much should I expect to pay for polishing?

Z4
Lovely car chris :) exactly the same as mine except your wheels look in better condition ;) I'm loving m ownership was a little werey of smg but have grown to love it... How much should I expect to pay for polishing?

Cheers mate.
Mine's a mans edition (manual) haha, is yours a facelift? Get some photos up at some point!

Get yourself on m3cutters. My name is 'plumbly', there's a guy called 'hassle' tho polishes the wheels for a pretty reasonable price iirc, can't remember the exact figure mind you.

Must feel strange going from 2 high powered turbo cars to a nasp rx8 then m3?!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Yeah I'm on cutters think I've seen your posts actually! Haha launch control ftw ;) astra was just stupid spin spin spin change gear and more spinning lol impreza was 275 bhp gripped well but just felt flat tbh it was fast but just didn't feel it if that makes sense? Lol. The rx8 was only bought as I'm still young and had never owned a rwd car before an didn't want to stack the m3... Couldn't of cared less if the rx8 was written off tbh! The m3 is just awesome it's as checkable as my 172 was! And I love the no drama just get the f**k on with it the car seems to have lol!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Oh and no pre facelift but with led rear lights! I'll get some photo's on tommorrow if I have chance spent most of the weekend on the computer comprising wish lists ;)

R14 CUP
Keep it silver Tom.

I spoke to them people about the CSL airbox, and it isn't a straight fit, the car will need a remap also. Let me know if you want more info.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Haha yea chris still in 2 minds about keeping that plate or putting s600ot x on it! Thanks jamie I am still interested but won't be for some time I'm in no rush to spend 1k on an airbox and remap lol

e91 330d/type r mini
silver on silver for me, not a fan of black wheels, i must sound stupid saying that as my mini is on satin black wheels and my m3 on triumph anthrecite lol