ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates bought fake wheels..;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I don't care that they're cheaper TBH, it's the principle of ripping off. JDMland is so label-obsessed that it's standard issue to hate fakes.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL at people moaning about ripping off designs. I assume you all buy all of your clothes straight from the catwalk shows, and do deep research into who first created the style of garment you intend to buy, just so you get a copy.

Designs will be copied, it's part of life, it's also part of the general economy.

Those who buy the fakes will never have bought the real wheels anyway, so it's an entirely different market.

Oh, and I like 'em.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
LOL at people moaning about ripping off designs. I assume you all buy all of your clothes straight from the catwalk shows, and do deep research into who first created the style of garment you intend to buy, just so you get a copy.

Designs will be copied, it's part of life, it's also part of the general economy.

Those who buy the fakes will never have bought the real wheels anyway, so it's an entirely different market.

Oh, and I like 'em.

This ^

Id rather buy fakes than waste 1k+ on wheels

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
WASTE?

LOL @ the catwalk comparison.

Rob, so you'd rather have a £100 fake iPad than a £400 real one?

It's a moot point anyway. People who are into wheels, buy the real deal and look down on the fakes. Simple really.

Swift Sport
Each to their own I reckon, there's a strong market for both genuine and fake wheels so hopefully we should always have the freedom to choose between the two. As Rob said, the people who buy fakes wouldn't dig deep for the real thing.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You all drive fake cars. Everyone knows the first hot hatch was a MK1 Golf..;) Anything after is just a cheap copy..haha