ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates Focus RS

danny_howorth13@msn.
I love green FRS' tbh, but the wheels/spacers/stickers do upset me a tad.

Needs some matt black Compomtive MO's instead i think, then it would be 150% more epic:

That does look really nice

Yes Dave!

I actually like the car; other than the stickers, flaps and wheels there's nothing wrong with it.

Thanks, got to admit I might get rid of the flaps and stickers the next time I give it a wash. . but I really like the rota's :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I love green FRS' tbh, but the wheels/spacers/stickers do upset me a tad.

Needs some matt black Compomtive MO's instead i think, then it would be 150% more epic:

IMG_1000.JPG

That looks 1000% better.

Proper plate too for a fast ford :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Stickers removed and it is perfect.

I never understand the fascination of 'better' interiors - especially when it comes to plastics. :S If I was ordering my next Bentley from new - maybe I'd have some concern and some interest into what the interior looked like. As it stands, I'm FAR more interested in the exterior view of the car and how it drives. s**tty interior plastics are of just zero consequence to me.

D.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I never understand the fascination of 'better' interiors - especially when it comes to plastics. :S If I was ordering my next Bentley from new - maybe I'd have some concern and some interest into what the interior looked liked. As it stands, I'm FAR more interested in the exterior view of the car and how it drives. s**tty interior plastics are of just zero consequence to me.

D.

I guess a lot of people feel that the exterior is for other people to live with as you drive around, interior is for you to live with as you drive around.

When im driving car day to day, I dont especially care what it looks like as I cant see it anyway.

WRX
Can't help but think, if it was an AG 200 kicking out 400 horses, there'd be no hate and people kissing butt.

I actually really like it. Green is not my first choice in colour but they are fantastic cars to drive standard, I can't imagine what it's like with 400 odd bhp, must be mental!!

I would personally remove the stickers though. Other than that it looks mean as f*ck

I don't get why people are going on about removing the exhaust, and replace it with what? The standard system has the same sized tailpipes?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I actually really like it. Green is not my first choice in colour but they are fantastic cars to drive standard, I can't imagine what it's like with 400 odd bhp, must be mental!!

They arent mate, they are still pretty tame to drive TBH, the suspension setup is very good and the diff works very well, which tames it all down nicely and then when you add in the enormous weight they have to shove about it makes it even easier to drive, if you are thinking it will be like a 400bhp clio etc or even a 400bhp mk1 focus, its anything but.

Just effortlessly quite quick without a lot of drama really, nothing that feels "mental" at all, still drive like factory really at that level.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I never understand the fascination of 'better' interiors - especially when it comes to plastics. I'm FAR more interested in the exterior view of the car and how it drives. s**tty interior plastics are of just zero consequence to me.

Where do you sit when you drive the car though lol?

Exterior of the Golf is filthy, but the interior is immaculate - i have to look at it for 2.5 hours a day.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Was it the green that had poor paint match? As in bumpers and body where slight different shades?

90% of todays, manufacturers are having these problems, Honda, Mazda (terrible) Vauxhall, to name but a few. Bare in mind Ford and Honda replacement bumpers now also come painted.

Aye every manufacturer paints the removable panels separately so they're always slightly out, especially when it's plastic, Ford seem to suffer from it quite badly though.

Boy knows. Plastic shades differently, it's not so much a painting problem.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

I never understand the fascination of 'better' interiors - especially when it comes to plastics. :S If I was ordering my next Bentley from new - maybe I'd have some concern and some interest into what the interior looked like. As it stands, I'm FAR more interested in the exterior view of the car and how it drives. s**tty interior plastics are of just zero consequence to me.

D.

Because you sit in a car, not outside of it.

Quality plastics can't be expensive if Alfa are using them!

danny_howorth13@msn.
Black over the head lights is called fly eyes . . Spec of the car if anyones interested:
550cc injectors
Revo 400s conversion
SCC oil cooler kit
SCC spec high flow fuel pump
Pro alloy breather kit
Pro alloy induction kit
Pro alloy FMIC
Pro alloy radiator
Pro alloy header tank
Turbo back milltek exhaust with decat
Powerflex lower torque mount
Denso spark plugs
Sitech V2.1 inlet manifold
Black SFS boost hoses

Ksport 8 pot brakes (front) with yellow stuff pads
EBC grooved discs and yellow stuff pads (rear)
H&R springs
Rear anti roll brace
19" rota grid wheels

Probably missed off a few bits but thats the majority

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really hate the look of Hi-spec and Ksport calipers, they seem to look so cheap even thought they're normally not. Now AP's on the other hand. :eek:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good spec mechanically speaking, they work well with just the basic bolt on stuff like that :)
And so long as YOU like the looks, it doesnt actually matter what a clio forum think anyway of course!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Was it the green that had poor paint match? As in bumpers and body where slight different shades?

Good spec mechanically speaking, they work well with just the basic bolt on stuff like that :)
And so long as YOU like the looks, it doesnt actually matter what a clio forum think anyway of course!

That's not technically true. Some people want people to like their car. If someone doesn't like it they get upset. Happens daily on here, personally I couldn't give a f**k. The more money you spend the more touchy you get usually.

The RS always stirs some some controversy on here.

Lol at the comments about the interior. IMO it's not too bad for a previous-generation model. Certainly at least 800% better than any Clio I've ever been in. I might post some pics of my OEM+ machine later on. Just in the interests of comparison of course.

306 GTI-6
What's your opinion on the car Roy as a fellow owner?

Apologies if you have already commented in the thread, i am on a s**t android phone with poor connection and it takes forever to trawl back through threads.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The RS always stirs some some controversy on here.

Lol at the comments about the interior. IMO it's not too bad for a previous-generation model. Certainly at least 800% better than any Clio I've ever been in. I might post some pics of my OEM+ machine later on. Just in the interests of comparison of course.

Doesn't take much to better than any of the RS range though lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
What's the current spec of yours mate? Had a white one in my rear view mirror this morning, looked like a cross between a panda and a transformer :cool:

Last edited:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
That's not technically true. Some people want people to like their car. If someone doesn't like it they get upset. Happens daily on here, personally I couldn't give a f**k. The more money you spend the more touchy you get usually.

I don't think dan got upset lol, just giving a bit of banter back

Thanks to everyone who said they liked the pics... if you're around Yorkshire I'm willing to meet up and get some of yours.. (as long as its interesting!) - I want some practice!

PM me if interested!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Where do you sit when you drive the car though lol?

Exterior of the Golf is filthy, but the interior is immaculate - i have to look at it for 2.5 hours a day.

That you do. But normally I prefer what I can see through the windscreen passing me by, than basing any aspect of my car with the quality of the interior. The interior performs a job - little else to me, unless like I said before, you're looking at the luxury end of the market.

It's like going to a s**t barber's shop or restaurant. But hey, at least the seat is really comfy! ;)

Because you sit in a car, not outside of it.

Quality plastics can't be expensive if Alfa are using them!

Same as the above. Which factor do you think was most important to me in buying the Evo? Basic taxi-spec interior from circa 1994. Or the 4WD, turbocharged all-weather/all-aspect handling ability? The former was irrelevant. The latter was paramount.

Actually, that's not strictly true. I despise the Evo's blue clock dials. But I only glance down to check that the speedo is in semi-legal ranges..... :)

D.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think dan got upset lol, just giving a bit of banter back

Thanks to everyone who said they liked the pics... if you're around Yorkshire I'm willing to meet up and get some of yours.. (as long as its interesting!) - I want some practice!

PM me if interested!

Wasn't aimed at you mate. Just responding to Chips point.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My ex had one and mates dad has one. I quite like them but wouldn't own one personally. Love the noise.

What's the current spec of yours mate? Had a white one in my rear view mirror this morning, looked like a cross between a panda and a transformer :cool:

Mountune MP350 + additional software and Miltek cat-back. AP Racing 6-pot front brakes. Anthracite rims. OEM+ as f**k.

P1010568.gif

P1010560.gif

EDIT: One more for added need, as I like this photo.

P1010571.gif

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice car Roy, certainly FAR more to my tastes than the one this thread is about.

Coming to bedford in Feb?