ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mirrors Whistle

Must just be the design of the mirrors..not sure changing them will have any effect as they will be like for like.

It doesnt bother me too much but if i can get it changed for no money then il do it!

Renault Laguna Coupe

cant see why some would whistle and some not, unless theyre not fitted correctly :confused: Mine hum if theres a good tune on the radio :p

its only at certains speeds depending on the direction and strength of the wind.... they will only replce them with identical shaped mirrors, so basically live with it....

Try selling them on E-Bay. Corsa owners have been known to pay big money for worthless mods like whistling mirrors. It might set a new trend;):D Seriously, check that there is not too large a gap between the mirror fairing and the mirror body

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

thought mine where doing this a few months back. turned out to be the silver door trim (2.0l bit) was sitting slightly proud.

Been silent ever since.

My Brothers Type R done this, but his the comming from the air vent onn the left......... But we was doing 110 :p

My mates Subaru was doing this but once again we was doing 135plus..... All on a private track of course

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

The mirror glass flexes when I have my music on - its not that loud officer, honest ;)

Seriously, sell them on ebay under the caption realistic turbo noise power! dump valve not included and see how many Nova chavs bid for it!

im reckoning a little dab of grease should do the trick... i think its where the air is blowing through the gap formed by where the mirror can fold in (if that explains it!) or a big blob of blue tac perhaps

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 15 June 2004

You sure its the mirrors? Can you hear it with the windows down?

I can hear it only with the windows down - its not that loud....... But still annoying!

Clare

3 Series xdrive

ahh... so thats where the whistling is coming from!!!

Ive been trying to figure that out for weeks...

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

yes thats definitely it

my old 306 wingmirror was hanging off on the left and side and that gap was really big, so at 90mph it started going mad!

mine does it too but only on the drivers side - i pulled the mirror in whilst driving and the whilstle stopped, but havent bothered do anything about it as think id get laughed out the dealership!!!

Hmm at first I thought it was the brakes squealing (which incidentally the dealers re-greased for me!) but I guess it must be the mirror.

Is there a near guranteed solution for this or is it just part of the Clio character?!

Steve