ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MK1 Hybrid

Audi TT 225 Quattro
not taken any pics in some time so decided to take some today:D

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

grpaik017.jpg

225 Cup & Williams
looks great! why do the door pockets on mk1's always look manky my williams one's are the same annoying likes.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
cheers lads . stevohC : probably because they are all 15-18 years old ;)

iv'e been lucky with mine as in the 6 years iv'e had it iv'e not had a problem with the dreaded rust lol ( its seen its fair amount of polish in its time tho:D)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
thanks:D will be changing the plate soon ( probably before fcs ) will be 3/4 size still but pretty much normal font :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i think im going to have resort to reshelling my hybrid into a mk2 :(

mines gone too far and dont want to reshell it only to be left with the same rust issues!!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
NOOO keep it in a mk1 mate;)

on a serious note tho , i do understand what you mean as once they start to rust they are a bloody nightmare these cars:( the trick is to find a decent shell from the off and wash it weekly followed by polishing and waxing monthly, its an anal process but does keep the rust away. i done it with mine for the 1st 4 years but have been a bit lazy the last 2 lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Problem is, finding a mint mk1 valver shell,
and then theyre gna be going for a pretty heft pricetag!

pick up a mk2 nonsport with a snapped cambelt for pennies and do the entire conversion and scrap the mk1 shell, could almost do the entire thing for free!!

just need to work out if i need to change some of the exhaust system and get a rear suspension set up from somewhere.

and any other issues that i might run into doing a complete conversion!

Trophy #473
Arnt you due a new car now Jay, you seem to have had that thing years! Looking tidy as always.

53 Clio's & counting
As always Love it ~Jay - has been one of my fave mk1's for years :)

Whats it running at Pod now - 13.9?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Haha i have had it ages but its been a good little car, and served me very well so its stayed:D gonna need something special to replace it, something like a e46 m3:race:

Cheers russ:eek: it ran 13.9 with my old setup but i haven't been pod since uping the power, i estimate it will run a 13.5/6 in it's current form. time will tell....:evil:
btw parts of your old itb engine have made there way on to this for when the omex is fitted:D

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
saw this up in london tonight!! was going to come say hello, but you was never parked up in your car, so i did know who to talk to!!
i had the mk1 clio covered in stickers lol

Audi TT 225 Quattro
LOL same as mate , i was standing next to your car for about 10 min's and i couldn't see anybody who owned it BUT when i went to leave the roundabout you were sitting in your car blocking me in ( not your fault as the lupo was holding us up ;) ).

I really really like your front plate as well, i want the same lol ... where can i get one, size and font etc ?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
that lupo got on my nerves!! they wouldnt move, was good there last night, albeit a bit crowded which usually ends in tears!!
every time i saw you go past i was tempted to chase after you lol!

plate is from fancyplates

http://www.fancyplates.com/step1.php
just enter the dimensions as 520mm x 80mm (or 90mm, probs best measure)

car looks spot on mate! perhaps a bit too much trim for my liking though ;)
and i WANT your brakes! lol

53 Clio's & counting
Haha i have had it ages but its been a good little car, and served me very well so its stayed:D gonna need something special to replace it, something like a e46 m3:race:

Cheers russ:eek: it ran 13.9 with my old setup but i haven't been pod since uping the power, i estimate it will run a 13.5/6 in it's current form. time will tell....:evil:
btw parts of your old itb engine have made there way on to this for when the omex is fitted:D

Ooh details?! :D

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
engine mods??

are you out this weekend?? as im meeting up with bass_direct this weekend to pick up a part,
he said your were out with him last sat!

i might get a closer look! :D

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ah cheers lads:D

the spec of the engine is :

2.0ltr F7R
Piper 285 Cams ( classed as a stage 3 cam )
Piper adjustable pullies
APD stage 2 flowed head (headwork)
Supersprint exh manifold
Mongoose Exh system with decat
Group A Scuttle induction kit
RS Tuning remap

its making about about 185bhp 156lb/ft @5.5k ( has a 7.3k limit) but is running dangerously lean after this due to maxing out the injectors. ive just got a set of bigger injectors and will be going back to see paul in the next few weeks to have a new map done for the bigger injectors and to up the power:evil:

as i previously mentioned i also have an omex 600 , 172 flywheel, clutch , coilpack, leads and a set of volvo t5 high imp injectors ( high imp needed for standalone ) . just need to get loom and a few sensors then that lot will be ready to fit as well ( russ all them parts were yours minus the omex ;) )

i will no doubt be out this week with bass direct again;):D

Audi TT 225 Quattro
New plate arrived today, much better if i must say so:D also fitted some missing engine covers lol

DSC01250.jpg

DSC01253.jpg