ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk2 ph2 - Need advice

MK2PH2
Bought this car in October 2009, been browsing the forums looking for ideas what i can do to it. So far i have bought some 15" 'mini 172' wheels for it and a new aerial.

DSCF2757.jpg

DSCF2756.jpg

I don't want to do too much to the car as i will be looking to upgrade hopefully.
I'd like to hear some suggestions as to what i can do next (keeping the mods subtle) please.

A few ideas i have are; colour code, RS grill and lower it. Some suggestions on these mods will also be nice e.g. what springs to use and how much??

Thanks

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Idea's sound good mate. Tbh i wouldn't lower any less than 60mm. A few people have used eibach sportline springs and it hasn't looked much different to standard.

MK2PH2
40mm springs, RS Grille, your done.

:)

Nice and simple, liking it :) Thanks

Idea's sound good mate. Tbh i wouldn't lower any less than 60mm. A few people have used eibach sportline springs and it hasn't looked much different to standard.

Thanks,
I was thinking about lowering it 40mm, but a few people have said the same. The last thing i want is to spend money on springs and it look standard. I'll take a look at some 60mm springs.

And lots of people have used sportlines and complimented that is does look lowered and the handlings improved, perspective is in the eye of the beholder.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
40mm definatly makes a difference, not on the MK3 but on the Mk2 it definatly does IMO.

Here is a picture i took of a mates mk2 with 15" wheels lowered 40mm

3953691451_329224d08c.jpg

MK2PH2
And lots of people have used sportlines and complimented that is does look lowered and the handlings improved, perspective is in the eye of the beholder.

Good shout, guess I need to look around before i make any decisions on this.
Thanks.

DCi 100
Stick it on 172 wheels, lowered with RS grille like most people have said, and colour code if you really want to.

That's all you need to do seriously, otherwise it WILL turn into a money pit, because everything can be changed.

MK2PH2
40mm definatly makes a difference, not on the MK3 but on the Mk2 it definatly does IMO.

Here is a picture i took of a mates mk2 with 15" wheels lowered 40mm

3953691451_329224d08c.jpg

I like that, that's pretty much how I want mine to sit. Do you know what springs he used?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not a clue, Pinky_Boi is the current owner and has it sitting on 16" 172 wheels in black now....

4370861227_34c8a4fca7.jpg

60mm. Minimum IMO.

£100 will get you some Apex 60mm springs, £50 for an RS grill and then leave it and save your money for your upgrade.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I would have said 60mm, but won't fit in with the whole subtle sort of look? all the 60mm lowered I've seen are very low (FTMFW, but not with this car imo).

MK2PH2
I would have said 60mm, but won't fit in with the whole subtle sort of look? all the 60mm lowered I've seen are very low (FTMFW, but not with this car imo).

Ye that makes sense, i'll take a look at some mk2 ph2's on different heights and see what takes my fancy.

non sport
id go for 60mm drop personally, i got mine off ebay for £35 delivered second hand. Pi springs, then fitted self and they look really nice and theyd be no issues of scrubbing, and you dont need uprated shocks either(tho it is sometimes advised). other than that get a rs grille, changes it loads. then your done mate

120d M Sport
Springs - £120 ish (fitted with a mate)
Colour coding - £120
Dash strips - £20
Tyres - £160 fitted, £20 tracking
Carbon diamond - £25
Mats - £50

Those are the main ones, not a lot really. My main expense was maintenance and getting bits put right!

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Car looks well adam lad. When it comes to lowering it you wanna go pretty much as low as you can afford to.

40mm on that pic up there does look ok but as soon as you park your car at work next to mine you wont be happy again. What are you thinking of upgrading to? another clio in a year? if so just look for mods that can be carried over.

MK2PH2
Cheers Dan.

I'll have a think about how low i'll go, look at some pics etc...
Thinking of upgrading to a sport when insurance will be a bit more reasonable lol.

MK2PH2
Looks nice that mate! :approve: Shows again that you don't need to change a lot to make these look tidy.