ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Motors

133/225/CLS AMG
Well been lurking on here for years now and only just became a paid member. Anyway, thought I'd post up a few pics, possibly seen them on other forums but here are my cars.

2006 RenaultSport Megane 225, owned if from new. Was only ever intended as a weekend car but somehow ended up being used even less than that.

Megane1-1.jpg

3-3.jpg

Meg5_NoPlates.jpg

Hibernation3.jpg

Hibernation4.jpg

I'm a bit of a detailing OCD geek so my make sure it's all stupidly clean.

Megane20101.jpg

Underbonnet1.jpg

FinalPic.jpg

Up until a couple of months ago this was my daily driver. A 2002 Lupo Sport, with a few bits done to it.

Lupo2.jpg

Alex225_HDR3.jpg

Sold the Lupo and picked this up last Saturday. Number 110 RenaultSport Twingo Gordini.

10.jpg

Pic6.jpg

Pic8.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Parked up with the missus Twingo 133 -

3.jpg

alexxxxx, thought you were already on here.

best megane in the world this chaps, the condition its in is SCARY!

the new white 133 is hawt too ;)

133/225/CLS AMG
alexxxxx, thought you were already on here.

best megane in the world this chaps, the condition its in is SCARY!

the new white 133 is hawt too ;)

Been lurking on her since 2004 when I owned my 172 just been too much of a tight ar$e to pay for a membership hahaha. Oh and Naith, don't forget you love the Gordini too! ;)

Here's some more cleanness just for you haha.

5-2.jpg

Dscf1168.jpg

I dont know why, but i actually like that gordini twingo :)

I always knew it was an acquired taste to be honest. I love it and it's the Twingo I've wanted since I knew it was coming out. Interior was a big decider for me. :)

do I spy lexusy lights?

Not specifically as they weren't silver!! lol But yes the Megane did have aftermarket lights. I liked the black/inferno combination but I've since put them back to the stock units.

Meg3_NoPlates.jpg

Dscf1165.jpg

As for the girlfriend's Glacier White Twingo, here's some pics -

Twingo1.jpg

Twingo3.jpg

TwingoWheel1.jpg

RearSeat.jpg

Only downside to the misssus 133 is the standard stereo really isn't much cop, as in if you don't go for the upgraded unit you get this thing.

TwingoStereo.jpg

Fitted this head unit that I'd had in my Lupo instead.

Pioneer3.jpg

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks guys, yeah the Gordini is an acquired taste all round to be honest.

Thing is they advertised the car as having silver with black inserts or silver with blue. Apart from the window tints and lower parts of the bumper, nothing on the car is really black so opted for silver. Considering Renault aren't always known for the good finish on their wheels, the finish on these is really good.

133/225/CLS AMG
The Lupo was a great car, had a new manifold, exhaust and induction kit. Was noisy but was making about 115bhp so pretty good for a 1.4 and quick enough as they only weigh about 1050kg.

Thing is, Lupos need to be low to look their best. This was running on KW coilovers which handled brilliants but made the ride annoyingly harsh. Plus you couldn't drive wherever you wanted in case you got stuck at some speed bumps or ramps. Awesome fun, well built and cool but not ideal for a daily car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really no offence meant but surely you can see how bad that Gordini looks next to the stunning white one?

133/225/CLS AMG
Erm, well actually no I don't because I bought the Gordini because I wanted the Gordini. Otherwise I'd have bought a white one!

133/225/CLS AMG
Fair point mate, i'll leave my opinion there.

It's fair enough mate, people will always prefer either of them. The white one is more purposeful looking and does look great. If the Gordini hadn't been released then it would have been my choice.

Thing is although the Gordini has a few bits I probably wouldn't have done, like the white spoiler for example but the other aspects you get over a normal RS are significant. Full leather being one, cruise control, Bluetooth connectivity amongst other nice little touches. The interior of a normal 133 isn't a particularly exciting place to be, does the job but isn't very special.

133/225/CLS AMG
They do have a more modified look although I'm quite a fan of the whole, polished face look. It was either blue or black and either look modified but the blue matches the paintwork.

Quite interesting how the car divides opinion. Better than an average motor that people like by default. lol

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
By no way do the 'styling' enhancements take away the fact its the best warm hatch on the market in the moment IMO

133/225/CLS AMG
Thought I'd pop up an update of my cars. Gordini is over a year old now, so made a minor change. As much as I liked the alloys, not only are they hideously espensive, the stock tyres leave the rim exposed. Plus I think these suite the car better anyway.

2.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

1k.jpg

Interior and side light bulbs replaced with LED bulbs.

LED4.jpg

LED5.jpg

LED3.jpg

LED2.jpg

LED1.jpg

Clinger.jpg

Not much of an update for the Megane this year, other than the stupidly pricey cam belt change as sorted out by Karl on Twingo133.net at Renault Woking. :)

Megane9.jpg

Megane11.jpg

Megane3.jpg

No fuss new number plates as well.

Megane2.jpg

133/225/CLS AMG
Not really but hey, why not? I love cars just don't get much of a chance to really use mine what with work and other commitments. But hey, all the time I can afford them and use them as and when, I will. :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I went on saturday to put a deposit on an inferno megane but it had been sold a few hours before :(

Looks stunning mate.

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol, Not considered selling both and buying something with the combined money?

133/225/CLS AMG
I had considered it before I bought the Gordini but the problem is that for the mileage and condition of the Megane, I'd never get what it feels like it's worth to me. Also I love the Twingo, not the fastest car but a hell of a lot of fun.

I just love RenaultSport cars though. Could quite happily have a collection of them haha. Next on the list though is a R5GTT in a couple of years. :D

133/225/CLS AMG
Haha I wouldn't go that far although I did read about the Renault UK Heritage place where they've stored certain models in carcoons to keep them mint. Not sure they have a Phase I 225, definitely an R26.R though.

133/225/CLS AMG
Haha if only mate.

Thing is I bought the Megane when I was 23 and paid it off over 4 years. Now because of that it doesn't cost me too much as I only tax it 6 months of the year, service and insure it. In the time I was paying for the Megane I owned a couple of cheap daily runners -

R51.jpg

...and after some tw*t rear ended that I drove this Clio RT for a couple of years -

ClioRT.jpg

Then I bought my first non Renault, a VW Lupo Sport that had a few tweaks done to it -

Lupo1.jpg

...and then eventually ordered the Twingo last May.

If I have my way, I'll keep both both and buy another Renault. It's all down to whether the Mrs whinges about taking up more space! haha

DB.

BMW 440i
Surely insurance costs etc of running 3 cars, when you are only able to drive one are an absolute waste?

Tax, MOT, insurance and other running costs of 2/3 cars can allow you to run a much better single car.

PB Clio 172
the aftermarket lights are a no no :nono:

and I hope you have removed that wanky bonnet bra sorry if you already have but you will get raped on here for it ! shocking!

nice renaults though top marks ! :p

Turbos.
Megane is incredibly clean! Can i understand why you can't justify selling it considering the effort put in.

The Gordini certainly looks a lot better, but still not my thing at all i'm afraid.

Megane looks great and you're obviously not some 17 year old with his first car, which makes me not understand the Gordini.