ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new ‘Meglio’

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So, a friend of mine has a habit of building cars and spending eye watering amounts of money and then sells them when finished. This one is/was no exception. The modifications have done less than 50 miles. The majority of which were covered when delivering it to me today. 😂

I don’t have a need or a use for it but I’ve always wanted one, Nimbus is my favourite colour, it has an awesome spec, and he’s a s**t hot mechanic and I know it will be done properly with no expense spared, so I bought it. Never viewed it, just sent him the money and then he dropped it off on my driveway tonight.
It’s been SORN’d for ages so it’s going to take ages for his private plate to come off so that means I get to drive round on his Road Tax for a bit. It’s the little things... 😂

1E91506D-2AD6-4293-AC19-0FD975AD1655.png
14563D77-62D9-4927-BC5A-4B312FA3D513.png
4305E955-EBAD-4003-A97D-EB9BA891590D.png
813B8FF6-3D8F-4B96-8B70-CB826C75F020.png
FD2A83E8-4417-4BD9-A32E-4E76D180286E.png
D014614E-F023-4821-9A2A-67E02B9ADDA6.png
0F20E7EF-2EA7-427F-8B2A-4C607B52CFD6.png
9D79744E-BE08-446E-A370-C6BC6B646FEE.jpeg

No idea what to do with it so I’ll just daily it for the minute.

Excuse the s**t pics, they’re what he sent me in a rush. Car looks ten times better in person.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Nice! Bet that goes well. What is the full spec, aside from the obvious!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice! Bet that goes well. What is the full spec, aside from the obvious!!
Christ...

Zero point one shifter, updates discs pads and fluid, braided lines, Recaro’s, Xenons, Miltek, all new Track rods and ball joints, all poly bushed, Bilsteins, compbrake adjustable top mounts, R26 Clutch and solid flywheel, Autec wheels, Nangkang AR1’s,

All of it brand new. I’ve got the receipts and it’s mind bending what people spend. 😂

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Give me a shout when/ if you sell on. Have a nice little BG I could p/x you :)
I will sell it on in a few weeks and put an advert up on here before putting it on eBay/Autotrader etc.
I don’t need it, I have no use for it. I just wanted to scratch an itch.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I really love this. The better engine from the Meg and the better lookin car in the mk3 clio rs. It’s a perfect combination. It’s an itch I’d love to scratch also

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice!

Looking at the reg, is that the chap that used to work for Tileys that builds/built mental Subarus?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love one of these, looks like it's been done to a really high standard as well, such a shame I don't have the space for it..

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
That's awesome. I'd definitely have one of these if I had the funds.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Looks mint, all the right bits. Plate should come straight off onto retention, i done one recently and vehicle was sorn for a couple of years/no mot.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks mint, all the right bits. Plate should come straight off onto retention, i done one recently and vehicle was sorn for a couple of years/no mot.
Sadly not mate. I’ve done 10/12 retentions this month and it’s totally hit and miss.
This one has had to be done postal, and with the back log from DVLA closing due to covid, the wait is huge.

I did one for a focus on the 22nd March and it only came back 2 weeks ago. 😂

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So, track day tomorrow - normally is be spending tonight prepping my Mk1 or the van, but it’s due to rain all day and the Mk1 is miserable to drive in the wet and the Van’s exhaust fell off on the way to work on Tuesday morning.
So in preparation I’ve removed the AR1 tyres and fitted a set of Uniroyal RS5’s.

Just driven it home and it drives like a different car with the soft sidewalls. It’s lovely, almost makes the rock hard suspension and EVERYTHING polybushed feel comfy. 😂

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Sadly not mate. I’ve done 10/12 retentions this month and it’s totally hit and miss.
This one has had to be done postal, and with the back log from DVLA closing due to covid, the wait is huge.

I did one for a focus on the 22nd March and it only came back 2 weeks ago. 😂

Ahh ballache, i did hear about dvla being hit and miss. Logbook was in my name on the one i done.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
That looks great, looks really well finished unlike some of them you see.

I would like to try and scratch the itch of having one too, the 6.5k makes it seem like a great buy for someone judging off prices I have seen floating around for cobbled together ones.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I got the log book back for my new clio within 3 days! Wife’s been waiting 10 weeks for her new car which was ex-Motab disabled category change! I got a compound of 100+ cars at work on hold awaiting DVLA to supply replacement V5’s for.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I got the log book back for my new clio within 3 days! Wife’s been waiting 10 weeks for her new car which was ex-Motab disabled category change! I got a compound of 100+ cars at work on hold awaiting DVLA to supply replacement V5’s for.
Painful isn’t it.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
In fairness it’s coincided with one of the busiest times for used car retail we have seen in recent years. They are working from home (I’m told) but to be honest even pre COVID the service was woeful. I still do not understand why they insist on paper V5’s 🤷🏻‍♂️

Evo 5 RS
f**k yeah, just seen this. I was looking high and low for a Meglio when I was umming and arring about what to play with next.

Awesome buy.

In fairness it’s coincided with one of the busiest times for used car retail we have seen in recent years. They are working from home (I’m told) but to be honest even pre COVID the service was woeful. I still do not understand why they insist on paper V5’s 🤷🏻‍♂️

I waited almost 4 months for mine till it was registered lol.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
So nice to see something actually done properly. Even the carpet is nicely finished where its been cut for the rear brace. :)
First Meglio ive seen id actually want to own.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So... completed a track day in it today.

What a disaster...

So it came on AR1 tyres and as the only reason I bought it was for a wet track day (forecast was horriffic) I went out last night and had 4 brand new Uniroyal RS5’s fitted.

Did the track day today and it was bone dry all bloody day! So not only did I buy a car for no reason, I also destroyed a set of brand new tyres. 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂

It’s a good car though, like, really good. Didn’t put a foot wrong all day and just kept lapping and lapping.