ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New 200

RB 182
Common as muck i know, but i wanted white, so i got white!!

Picked it up friday night, and love it but after 250 miles its now filthy, a 200 trait?

Its got the new EuroV spec engine in it, but there are no performance concerns here :approve:

Things ive noticed so far are the addictive exhaust note, th very harsh ride from the Cup chassis (i test drove a non Cup), but mainly the poverty spec! I knew what i was getting when i bought it, but it still came as a suprise that even the window switches dont light up - how much does an LED weigh lol? Oh, and the Mini Metro one tone horn!!

Recaros arent needed for what i use it for, it'll never see a track, £1000 is an eyewatering amount to pay to replace something that you get free, and the originals are more than comfy enough and look good with the RenaultSport logo on the headrest.

So yea, im happy!

2010-11-27120443.jpg

2010-11-27120427.jpg

2010-11-27120455.jpg

500 Twinair
Thats nice, liking them more, and loving the colour, but for me its got to be Alien green and have recaro's.
£1000 is not alot for two recaro's really.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good lad. Best spec too. ;)

£1000 for some rock hard yellow seats is not for me either.

(I'm sooo glad someone else has noticed how friggin hard the cup's are! Mine is bumpy as fcuk!)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They really missed a trick, cup rack with the sport chassis would be the optimum setup for our roads tbh. I'd love the Recaro's, just for the looks, but a lot of money! And unlike the mk2's, the standard seats are very good.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They really missed a trick, cup rack with the sport chassis would be the optimum setup for our roads tbh. I'd love the Recaro's, just for the looks, but a lot of money! And unlike the mk2's, the standard seats are very good.

I agree. The standard 200 seats, are much better than the standard 1*2 seats.

If I was to get a 200, then I doubt I would tick the Recaro option box TBH.

GTD, Lupo
They make the interior of the cup bearable. Dont think it will be a nice place with the standard items, and rumour has his the seat cost 2-3 times the amount you end up paying. Seems crazy.

Car looks spot on.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Recaros are like £1000 each from the makers themselves are they not.?. Looks like a nice 200 but needs a spoiler i think IMO...

Still jealous!:dapprove:

Discounted 1*2 parts
looks good. i test drove a non cup before driving my cup and can't beleive the difference, the non cup chassis feels so soft.

Agree on the price of the recaro's too :)

GTD, Lupo
Recaros are like £1000 each from the makers themselves are they not.?. Looks like a nice 200 but needs a spoiler i think IMO...

Still jealous!:dapprove:

£1050 each with airbags then you have to add the cost of the bases and to have the renault logo. Like i say i have heard £3k+ being said on the RS forum.

RB 182
I think alot of people tick the Recaro box because of peer pressure from people on here, silly as it may sound

Agree about the spoiler, vey nearly rang to add a GT spoiler but didnt in the end. I am gonna get the roof done though as i really liked it on my 172

Skoda fabia Vrs
I think alot of people tick the Recaro box because of peer pressure from people on here, silly as it may sound

Agree about the spoiler, vey nearly rang to add a GT spoiler but didnt in the end. I am gonna get the roof done though as i really liked it on my 172

Kind of agree with what you say about the recaros. Pressure and the cool factor but whatever people say on here wouldn't influence what i pick on the options list lol

Storm Grey 200
Very nice mate, recaro's for me make the car special, i enjoy the struggle to get out them after a drive. But each to there own and all that.
Agreed on the poverty spec though, the small things make all the diffrence, still a nice place to be though.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
very nice car

but it still came as a suprise that even the window switches dont light up - how much does an LED weigh lol?

if its like the twingo 133 the bulbs are there, they just didn't solder the connections :S

GTD, Lupo
but it still came as a suprise that even the window switches dont light up - how much does an LED weigh

Did you not tick this on the option sheet! Guess the peer pressure didn't get to you?

Just been to the shops and:

ac7bd771.jpg

Get it back to Renault but before you do that check you have the ignition on.