ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY NEW BECKER H/U! (pics)

Leon Cupra 300
This is the becker grandprix, finally decided to go with the red and im really happy with that choice! It just plugged straight in and sounds absolutley mint even with the std speakers! im going to upgrade them next weekend i think though..

the bluetooth is great on it, hands free is really clear with K800i. and im most happy with the looks, it blends into the dash as well as i could hope for! so all in all very happy!

rating - 9/10 :cool:

some pics

HUmain.gif

HUinside.gif

Leon Cupra 300
yeah i love it too, well happy. the mic is seperate, plugs in the back. its got about 1.5 metres of wire so i routed it under the dash, under steering column, and up the drivers side of the dash behind the door seal, and its just above the drivers vent. dont look out of place atall ill have a pic of that tomorrow :D

LY V6 with Recaros
Middo said:
spot on mate, how an aftermarket HU should look :)

see u went for the red lol

Totally agree, love that, you've definitely persuaded me on that one!! Nice and subtle and looks like it blends in perfectly.

fat arctic ! sold yippee!
thats is lovely - soon as someone says where you get leads for the stalk im getting one!

Looks very nice!

I nearly went for a Becker head unit myself - but found out that you can't have both an ipod and steering wheel control adaptor fitted at the same time.

ST
Iain C said:
BECKER??
Never heard of em..
Its not very bling but i bet it works better than my alpine

Never heard of Becker??

They make some of the best in car stuff around mate....

Leon Cupra 300
7MAT said:
Looks very nice!

I nearly went for a Becker head unit myself - but found out that you can't have both an ipod and steering wheel control adaptor fitted at the same time.

yeah i think i heard that from one of your posts! i werent too bothered as it plays mp3 cd's anyway..

do you know where can get the stalk adaptor from? not that im too fussed about that either

i love that head unit looks great, id want the ipod and the steering wheel controls tho... ^^ u sure it cant be done?

Does it come with the mic for hands free calling etc?

Leon Cupra 300
7MAT

its probably me being dumb but does the becker unit not actually need any additional adaptor to make it work? as it dont list becker on there.

how much are they?

philmots said:
7MAT

its probably me being dumb but does the becker unit not actually need any additional adaptor to make it work? as it dont list becker on there.

how much are they?

I've just had a look and you are correct they are no longer listing Becker?

I know that they used to do one as I purchased it from them direct, after speaking to Becker and confirming that I would not be able to connect both there ipod connection and a display / stalk adaptor I purchased a pioneer HU. Incartec then took the becker lead back and kindly swapped it for a pioneer lead for me.

The adaptor for my car being a later can bus model cost me £99. If your original renault stereo is pre-can bus then you are only looking at around £30.

Leon Cupra 300
thanks alot mate, great help... as i said not fussed about the ipod, its quite happy sat in its dock on my seperates at home!

just added a few more pics if anyone wants to see

Abarth Grande Punto
ok i seriously considering buying the becker grand prix for my car, just a couple of q's if thats ok,

1. is it easy to install? Does it looks quite flush?

2. Is there no where that does the adaptor for the steering control?

3. Where did you get yours and how much did it cost?

Thanks in advance. Stu :)

Leon Cupra 300
miltage2 said:
ok i seriously considering buying the becker grand prix for my car, just a couple of q's if thats ok,

1. is it easy to install? Does it looks quite flush?

2. Is there no where that does the adaptor for the steering control?

3. Where did you get yours and how much did it cost?

Thanks in advance. Stu :)

1) easy to install just unplug the old and plug the new one straight in, ive never swapped one over before and was dead easy, dont even need instruction, ive not looked them yet. its perfect flush in the middle but because the dash is curved id stay it prtudes by about 2 or 3mm at the edges. doesnt look bad though.

2) ive not got round to getting the adaptor yet but incartec do them

3) got mine from car audio security, 300 sheets!

just got 4 new speakers in too and it sounds mint!:cool: