ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all, new member. Just purchased my first 182. Couple or questions for the experts.

Q7, traffic van
Hi. I’m rob, after wanting one for years I finally got one, lovely clean example artic blue with decent history. Will be used for the back lanes and possibly a track day in the future. I’ve noticed are appreciating all the time so feel I got a bargain considering as belts and dephaser done recently with fresh oil etc.
I have a few issue to sort which I’m hoping some of you experts can assist with.
abs pump doesn’t turn off even with ignition off so light on dash and brakes are rubbish, pads and discs fairly new. So not sure if wiring or pump but a friend is doing to sort that, thinks it’s a relay issue.

Whistle/ squeal noise under throttle coming from induction kit, I’ve ready on her possible split it cat causes this which is heavily corroded and is blowing so will replace with decat and full system.

lumpy idle, not bad at all, YouTube tells me this is normal but going to stick a new set of plugs in. Also after a 3 hours drive home and blast up to limiter couple times eml light come on, miss firing, so parked up for the night, next day absolutely fine, I’ve drove it hard since and eml flashes when around 7k. Google and some old threads point towards injectors possibly?
min happy to Chuck a couple of quid on it as I’m planning on buckets, polybushing, coilovers, wheels, steering wheel etc. But want to get maintenance done first.
slight whining off pas pump also, but heard similar on others.
Oh also the carpets are damp, but found the fix for that, drainage behind scuttle. Thanks for any input people 👍🏽
E8E3CD86-DB25-4910-9610-8652770F4174.png

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Regarding the rough running, a set of injectors isn't a bad idea if it hasn't had them recently. Magneti Marelli IWP042 are the ones you want, can get a brand new set for £120 or so and easy enough to change yourself.

Q7, traffic van
Regarding the rough running, a set of injectors isn't a bad idea if it hasn't had them recently. Magneti Marelli IWP042 are the ones you want, can get a brand new set for £120 or so and easy enough to change yourself.
Cheers bud, follow a fair few clio owners on YouTube and got a decent understanding of replacing them with genuine parts, will do all 4 with plugs to be on the safe side 👍🏽