ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car (again)

M2 Comp
Should be a fair chunk cheaper than the M3 was, probably a bit more than the FRS due to age I guess.
Might take you up on that in the spring dude, appreciate it :)

I realised after I'd posted that it was probably a silly question given you've only had it a day or two!

Yeah drop me a PM if you want the DA, will leave it in work so you can pick up when in town.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Haha, less to break so that's always a bonus!!
Thanks mate, will give you a shout about it. Do kind of want to do it myself as used to enjoy it back in the day, and there isn't too much to polish on this one.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Is that a known issue? Might why out of the 6 of my pals who have MK2 RS's, 5 have different wheels? They all have the Multi Spoke OZ's, but thought that might be cause they all have the 365mm Alcons?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looking to be more common the deeper I look into it to be honest, but an initial google didn't pull up a huge amount about it. Brakes may have be a reason in their case though I guess fitment wise.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I can't see why you'd get a 986 when a good 987 's' is £11k.

At least it's a facelift though :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I can't see why you'd get a 986 when a good 987 's' is £11k.

At least it's a facelift though :)

Because I didn't want to pay that much, and didn't pay anywhere near it.
Wouldn't have been anything other than facelift though, so much nicer with clear lenses!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Fair play then mate.

It's just that some 986's are more than 987's and I didn't want you to be THAT guy.... Haha.

Enjoy it, I loved mine.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Nah, would have preferred a 987 but not with my budget unfortunately!
Only done 14 miles but been the most fun for a few years!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lovely looking car!!

Word of advice however, in the unlikely event that the car dealer you bought the FRS saw this thread, it reads like you effectively spent too much on the car, had regrets and are now trying to wriggle out of the purchase.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lovely looking car!!

Word of advice however, in the unlikely event that the car dealer you bought the FRS saw this thread, it reads like you effectively spent too much on the car, had regrets and are now trying to wriggle out of the purchase.

That still doesn't cover the fact the wheels were crumbling.

Gearboxes are made of cheese and engines go fucked but apart from that they are cracking motors!

Drove my dads and I remember going round a long sweeping bend on the m6 on the limiter and the front end going light.

I'm not really into Boxster's that much, but I do think it looks really nice, great combo there too. I think it looks a lot more 'grown up' than the FRS. I prefer this car.
I bloody love it. Quite jealous.
You should do it Rob!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Lovely looking car!!

Very true, but I've been open and honest with them as I have in this thread about wanting to change anyway, that's the reason I offered them the deal, as it makes me take less of a hit on depreciation, and gives them the opportunity to make a few more quid.
Everything I've said I've been open and honest with, as especially if it gets legal I don't want to have to try and remember lies I made up and then contradict myself.

BMW F21 125d
Nice Porsche Joe.

Brother in law has a Cayman S on a 2006 plate, and it's a great drive. Initially I thought I'd only have a 911 (watched too much top gear I suppose) but when you look at the undeniable value the 'lesser' models offer it's too good to pass up, and tbh, all of us average drivers probably wouldn't notice much difference on a drive to the shops and back!

I've typed this post twice as it sounded like i was belittling your purchase, I'm not, it's a great buy, and for the reasons above I'd definitely consider owning one. The S is a must of course whichever variant you chose.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Joe are the wheel cracking problems not down to Fords?

Technically yes I suppose.
I an actually going to see them tomorrow to have a word and see what they say, never know!

Nice Porsche Joe.

Brother in law has a Cayman S on a 2006 plate, and it's a great drive. Initially I thought I'd only have a 911 (watched too much top gear I suppose) but when you look at the undeniable value the 'lesser' models offer it's too good to pass up, and tbh, all of us average drivers probably wouldn't notice much difference on a drive to the shops and back!

I've typed this post twice as it sounded like i was belittling your purchase, I'm not, it's a great buy, and for the reasons above I'd definitely consider owning one. The S is a must of course whichever variant you chose.

Thanks Dave.
I was always a bit similar, and I'll never drive a 911 until I am ready to buy one just in case there is a massive difference that will make mine feel like a piece of crap!