ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car: E46 320Ci

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, despite the fact I wasn't even looking for a new car and fully intended to buy the TT in Feb/March, out of the blue this come up. A member on here looking for a Clio in PX.

I thought I'd send him and PM and things started being agreed very quickly. Less than a week later we met up at lakeside and took a look over each others cars.

An hour or three later I drove home in this:

abd91cf8.jpg

d23bf291.jpg

a4b353ab.jpg

7bebc54f.jpg

c978fd04.jpg

9d21ace6.jpg

Gave it it's first wash today and after driving it for a few days I've come to the conclusion it's an all round lovely motor. The 2.2 6 cylinder engine sounds and goes brilliantly despite not being the most economical, so smooth and linear.

The interior is a world apart from the Clio in terms of build quality and the black leather is amazingly comfortable.

A totally different car to the Clio, but I've been looking for something a bit more grown up and comfortable for a while (this certainly fits the bill).

Only mod I think I'll be making is an iPod connection in place of the CD changer.

Opinions and comments welcome.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely change Rob and I like the plan ahead.

Didn't realise how nice the seats were. Über comfort. Wish I had something that comfy just now! :eek:

Another BMW owner.

Nice choice though, straight swap or money involved? Not 100% on the wheels though. Probably will grow on me though.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
ahh so your the jammy sod that got in there before me would of loved that. looks good tho.

Clio 197
I saw this up for swap , looks a nice motor , was miles away from me though.
What did you have before - 182?

How is the economy compared to the Clio mpg wise

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Lovely change Rob and I like the plan ahead.

Didn't realise how nice the seats were. Über comfort. Wish I had something that comfy just now! :eek:

Cheers Kev, I think even you'd be impressed with the paint, the only bad areas are some scratches on the lacquer on the bootlid done by putting things on it, and a graze on the front bumper/wheel arch.

Love the effort you went through with actually using a proper "U" in uber.

very nice car, and as said before that 6 cyl engine is a peach.... Turbine smooth,

Yeah it really is amazingly smooth, another world compared to the Clio.

very nice, seats electric too?

i had 2 325cis and never had a problem.

enjoy

Unfortunately not electric seats, would have completed the car really.

Another BMW owner.

Nice choice though, straight swap or money involved? Not 100% on the wheels though. Probably will grow on me though.

I'd rather not disclose the details of the deal ;)

The wheels, some like some don't, personally (as someone who doesn't know an awful lot about BMW's) I love them.

ahh so your the jammy sod that got in there before me would of loved that. looks good tho.

Did you try and get in there then mate? Sorry!

It's a lovely car so you definitely missed out :rasp:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I saw this up for swap , looks a nice motor , was miles away from me though.
What did you have before - 182?

How is the economy compared to the Clio mpg wise

I had a ph1 172 but a bit of a special one. It had full ph2 interior (dash, the lot), recaro's, decent exhaust, FK coilovers..

Economy, I can't really say yet, so far I've spent 5 hours stuck in traffic in it, so I haven't got much for comparison.

It'll be worse, but not LOTS, around 5mpg less or so.

Never above 25mpg
Style 32 wheels look nice Rob! Love the interior!

Only thing I'd do to it is maybe shadowline trim and sport front bumper? (The SE one is a pain in the arse to clean ;) )

Remind me a little of my old 318Ci!

bm3.jpg

RB 182
Looks really nice mate.

I'm in a similar boat, think i've just grown up a bit and don't really seem to get to drive properly so would prefer something a bit more grown up and comfortable.

I think it would look better on some different wheels but thats all down to personal opinion. Looks a tidy example.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Smooth, but needs boost ! :evil:

Another BMW owner.

He still has the Clio. This was purchased in exchange for a funsize Mars Bar and a reacharound.

Z4
It'd bore me, but if your after a comfy bus that looks alright it will fit the bill!

I'd 100% get some depo led rear lights though, transform the car.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ah, didnt realise it had the Sport seat option - soo much better than the standard SE tat!!

Personally, leave it exactly as it is, put you money torwards the next step up on the ladder ;)

I'll see you in a 330 soon no doubt ...

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rear seems to be a bit low with a lot of camber??

Not my cup of tea but for you sat in london trafic all the time its perfect.

Enjoy!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Did you try and get in there then mate? Sorry!

It's a lovely car so you definitely missed out :rasp:

yeah haha been looking at them for months and when i seen this pop up looking for a part ex with a clio i almost blew my beans.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers all, especially you Dave for the online diagnosis.

Mods may be pretty much non existant TBH, the rear lights sounds like a good idea though....

Nickson, it's gone to a member :)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It will be when you're getting through tyres every 3000 miles.

They're not 195/50/15s no more son! You'll be looking at £100 a corner minimum for semi decent stuff.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I removed my first engine yesterday. (me and a mate, neither of us know what we're doing)

I was proper chuffed. All out in one piece and NOTHING broken. :)