ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car: E46 320Ci

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Do the 320's get a 6 speed box?

Odd you should mention the TT, it's the car I'm lusting over at the minute too... but I still look forward to getting into this car in the morning, I think with a few upgrades here and there (audio desperately) I could live with mine for a little while yet :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I was going to do the ipod in the glove box thing but I might not bother now, radio will do.

Mine's 5 speed, I think facelift is 6?

I think the only problem with upgrading the audio is making the interior chavvy. Most headunits are blue LED paradise, Dynavin etc are great but the price isn't!

You can get an Aux in on the standard BMW Business HU, you can DIY it too (I had a go but haven't been successful yet)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I meant the standard iPod in the glove box thing, goes in place of the CD changer, just have to run a few wires down the car from the boot, no biggie.

There's a kit on most car audio websites.

172, Tiguan
I think the only problem with upgrading the audio is making the interior chavvy. Most headunits are blue LED paradise, Dynavin etc are great but the price isn't!

You can get an Aux in on the standard BMW Business HU, you can DIY it too (I had a go but haven't been successful yet)

I did it to mine the other week. It took a while for the skin to grow back, but it does work really well.

I sold an OE iPod thing on ebay a few weeks back because i couldn't be arsed wiring it all in. The aux thing is much easier.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I did it to mine the other week. It took a while for the skin to grow back, but it does work really well.

I sold an OE iPod thing on ebay a few weeks back because i couldn't be arsed wiring it all in. The aux thing is much easier.

Did you DIY it?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Enlighten me as to what you're talking about chaps? Or link me?

I thought the changer replacement would be easy. Wire from the change down the car to the glove box, can't be that hard?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Enlighten me as to what you're talking about chaps? Or link me?

I thought the changer replacement would be easy. Wire from the change down the car to the glove box, can't be that hard?

This is what I'm talking about: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422239

Enabling Aux input on the standard headunit

Why would you want to? You've got a MKi9200 that replicates the iPod display anyway.

The parrot would be great if it weren't for the 20w amplifier it has

eta: might not be 20w, but the amplifier is pretty shocking. The parrot is a jack of all trades, master of none

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm still struggling to believe that people buy BMW's that aren't a 2.8 litre engine or bigger.

;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The parrot would be great if it weren't for the 20w amplifier it has

eta: might not be 20w, but the amplifier is pretty shocking. The parrot is a jack of all trades, master of none

Its a bit pikey i must admit, although you can take bypass it using a lineout, etc - although you'd then need to amp it somehow, although if you are bodging wires, you could take the line out from the Mki9200 to the back of the headunit via aux in, then use the internal amp.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I bought a wire on ebay from Latvia or somewhere similar. Was about a tenner delivered. It's not rocket science fitting it, you just loose a load of skin off your hands!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-A...328272?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item33701db950

That one.

Looks like he's making his own and selling them, which is all fair enough but I made my own and it didn't work :( Ha

Yeah those headunits are a tight fit, especially with the parrot wiring harness in there :(

172, Tiguan
Yeah it is homemade you can tell, but it's been made quite well. Certainly not fussed for a tenner, it works fine!