ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - Jap content.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Slight update.
Been a nightmare couple of weeks.

Had a BAD rattle thanks to my n1 and b-pipe which has been fixed with new hangers and a bit of welding. Was under the car in subzero temps trying to sort it.

Then had a run in with a pot hole, thought it was okay until I got home...

photo5_zps104f6db4.jpg

It was f**ked and bent front and back.

So was without the car for a week whilst it got fixed, luckily though I have escaped with just a bent wheel.
£90 for the fix and spray. I am currently in the process of claiming it back from the council.

No fixed pics unfortunately.

Still unsure whether to keep it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It's great tbh!

Gearbox and engine are superb. Build quality is good, can't reeeeally fault it.
Bit thirsty but if driven very sensibly all the time it's fine.

Cup & Impreza Terzo3
Good choice of motor mate, that's a nice example you have there. I owned a Type-R back in 2009 after my black 172 was stolen. Then this happened... RTCA8201.jpg

I'm back in a 172 Cup now!

Cup & Impreza Terzo3
Not quite lol.. An undercover police vehicle thought it would be okay to practice there driving maneuvers by swerving in and out the white lines as i came round a left hand corner at 8.30am... Resulting in a head on collision with my vehicle. b*****ds!!

Cup & Impreza Terzo3
Yeah broke my pelvis, right thigh bone, ankle, coxic bone and punctured one of my lungs mate, was in hospital for 10weeks. Wouldn't of wished it on my worse enemy it was really painful.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Slight update...

Nothing much as changed tbh. Car has had a service and was all fine.
I'm a bit unsure where to go next with it. I was all for selling up and getting something quicker but I am trying to save for various things.

Gave it a clean over the weekend, used some Auto Finesse tripple 3 and all that. Was great!
Picture quality has gone down the drain but it's looking nearly as mint as when I machine polished it for days.

IMG_6142_zpsdf5b3bad.jpg

IMG_6149_zps9be79316.jpg

IMG_6194_zps34f367c6.jpg

IMG_6149_zps9be79316.jpg

IMG_6179_zps0f762bf7.jpg

Happy where it is at the moment but I will be lowering it after my holiday to the US in October and possibly getting a new exhaust system as it's still too loud, lol.
Any ideas on bits anyone? :cool:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Updaaaaaate!

I took advantage of ABP's offers before Xmas, it's been lowered on their Eibach springs and been set up with DME camber arms and eibach front camber bolts.
The handling is superb now, like, properly spot on! It's so much more responsive, plus I'm really pleased with how it looks.
I do actually have problems with big speed bumps too, especially with the middle pipe!

Next on the list is a full service including valve clearances etc. Then onto wheels, undecided on refurbing these or looking out for something a bit special!
I may also get a new exhaust system. I do love the sound of this but Toda or J's is screaming out at me. Mainly for the dolphin style back box.

DME Bolts and springs...

13125477683_8cdd35602d.jpg

13125370315_6cd712bd72.jpg

13125376995_3ca698a23a_b.jpg

13125493493_fa925e60ba_b.jpg

13125389725_7c3f53dcce_b.jpg

13125508013_541d606a8a_b.jpg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I do like them, but literally 90% of the cars on Type R forums have them! Literally like f**king Turinis!

I know everyone hates Rota, but the Slipstreams are really appealing.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I do like them, but literally 90% of the cars on Type R forums have them! Literally like f**king Turinis!

I know everyone hates Rota, but the Slipstreams are really appealing.

I like slipstreams. Light too!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
So this happened yesterday whilst it was dry. I think they look decent, bit different from the normal red colour.
Going to paint my hubs next week, then i'm going to rip the crappy arch fluff off and start painting the underneath.

Excuse the wheels, they're on the list too. MOT and a few other bits next week, arb polybushes got to go on etc.

14281691284_fd79de4080_c.jpg

14278828901_2ca10a6c03_c.jpg

14095494669_13152e2385_c.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Looking good mate the gold calipers look good , im going to repaint mine black the red is annoying me now .

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cheers pal!

Thats cool, I think reds still overdone, even after the crazy colour trend!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The last pictures of the Civic, it's been fantastic whilst i've had it. Going to miss this :(
New car will be on the drive Monday. Can't f**king wait, oh jesus.
15239877270_03022d04f4_c.jpg

15239966648_20123f165b_c.jpg

15403498226_ce7957b9b8_c.jpg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cheers! If I was going to get one again, it wouldn't be black.

An S15...couldn't resist. Lol.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Highly secretive! (crappy pictures and cba making a thread), I'll make a post next week with proper pictures ;)

But it's pearl white and a fresh import. It was a grade 4B too!