ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car

clio 1.4 dynamique + 16v
My new car 1.4 dynamique+ 16v

mycar5.jpg

mycar4.jpg

mycar3.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 1.4 dynamique + 16v
nah the colour coding is like that its very slighly different aint it, but every clio that aint a sport thats got colour-coded bumbers look like that cus the bumber is sprayed the same colour but the bumbers aint actual metal they are normal bumber material so they leave a different finish. all clios with colour coded bumbers look like this :)

Elise S1 B&C 140
nah the colour coding is like that its very slighly different aint it, but every clio that aint a sport thats got colour-coded bumbers look like that cus the bumber is sprayed the same colour but the bumbers aint actual metal they are normal bumber material so they leave a different finish. all clios with colour coded bumbers look like this :)

No they dont not if prepped properly, you can get them perfect.

Looks good though

clio 1.4 dynamique + 16v
kk ur probs rite but every clio with colour coded bumbers that i have seen have always had bumbers that look very slightly different like mine

It's the factory colour coded stuff that looks pap. Look at an 06 or 56 plate Campus before they changed the back end or any colour coded scenic/megane. None of them match very well at all.

clio 1.4 dynamique + 16v

Looks good though

this is a link that shows another clio check out the bumbers, see wot i mean, abit different cus they r of a different material

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-RENAULT-...oryZ9861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

clio 1.4 dynamique + 16v
know exactly wot u mean tomhunt85, but i thought if i explained all that no body wud understand wot i was on about lol. the campus looks better know they have changed the back. :)

BMW M135i
Thats because the bumpstrips that are factory colour coded aren't laquered, when I did mine on the old 1.6 they were a perfect match for the car.

IMG_0229.jpg

Elise S1 B&C 140

Looks good though

this is a link that shows another clio check out the bumbers, see wot i mean, abit different cus they r of a different material

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-RENAULT-...oryZ9861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh yeah i do know exactly what you mean, my friends was the same (he bought his colour coded) but we re-painted it and its spot on now, Its all about the prep work and using the corret primers for the application.

Your motor still looks tidy though mate, I wouldnt worry bout it too much tbh

clio 1.4 dynamique + 16v
rite so they need to be laquered for me to get a perfect match do they. how much does this cost. so basically the reason y mine and others look like this is cus there factory ones. do renault do them laquered or do u have to go else where

Elise S1 B&C 140
I would imagine they are already laquered, cant imagine Renault just not bothering to laquer them i may be wrong though get it looked at. The Clear coat (laquer) does ake a massive difference to the end colour, as does the prepping and correct primers as i stated previously. I woul get it checked out cos im sure Renault would have clearcoated it.

The clear coat is the bit that;
A makes it shiney and glossy
B Makes it resiliant to stone chips etc.

clio 1.4 dynamique + 16v
hmmm il see, they look ok anyway, aint that bothered, its only my first car, only been drivin a month. they look ok as many colour coded ones i have seen look like this anyway, but suppose does look really nice when the completely match, like the ones u showd me in that pic. :)