ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car!!!!

J03

MX5 1.8
erm.....hes legitimately insured it etc?

2.0 on log book. insured as a 1.2 modified with a 2.0 conversion.

so hes doing it right.

Yep he's insured it as it should.

Its not a 172 never has been its just a heavily modified 1.2... well im guessing it is?

i see, hope he has anyway how much would that be? been looking into conversions myself, oops hijacked abit.. :rasp:

RB 182 Cup
Its fully legit, the tax remains the same when Mark put the 172 engine in he went to the local tax office and explained the woman said it remains the same 1.2 tax, so legit. It was insured with Adrian Flux as a heavily modified clio with all mod's declared and came out cheaper than a 172 would. Before he got rid he was only paying 4 hundred a year

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Yep he's insured it as it should.

Its not a 172 never has been its just a heavily modified 1.2... well im guessing it is?

i see, hope he has anyway how much would that be? been looking into conversions myself, oops hijacked abit.. :rasp:
yeh its totally legit mate. however the only 1.2 remaining is the rear axle and drum brakes. may put these on at a later date for more balanced braking.

80MPG BEEZA
few tips mate, dont change the rear axle, you'll get no extra braking power plus the rear bearings are stronger in the hubs then the discs or other wise i would have changed them as i have braided lines for the rear somewere at my parents house.

i only had time to pc the bonnet, front bumper, passenger wing and front door, give it a coat of svizzwax i have you and leave it in the sun for around 6 hours before buffing it off :)

and as for the suntrip - wear sunglasses :) lol

and the ibiza only a make do car till i'm happy with my income at the tattoo studio :) really wanted an audi s3 :) time till tell though!

anyways mate as i said no pictures of it on its roof in a bush and i'm happy :)

Lupo GTI
Glad to see the car's stayed with someone on here.
Hope it will be as well looked after as it was previously.
You've got yourself a cracking car there.

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
sad to see the "project black" leave us. mark and myself have put a lot of hours working on this car, more so mark than me, and i know it was marks pride and joy. but i am pleased to see that it has gone to the right owner that is gonna look after just as much as mark did. any plans to track it?

keep me, mark and charlotte posted yeh! and as said by mark, no crashes would be awful to see such a lovely looking car wrecked.

just my car to go now

Last edited:
  RB 182
Project black = legend.
Awesome car you got there. If you ever get followed by a traffic cop wearing big shades:cool: for gods sake make sure you stick to the limit. robo-cop is on the look out for his nemesis

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
few tips mate, dont change the rear axle, you'll get no extra braking power plus the rear bearings are stronger in the hubs then the discs or other wise i would have changed them as i have braided lines for the rear somewere at my parents house.

i only had time to pc the bonnet, front bumper, passenger wing and front door, give it a coat of svizzwax i have you and leave it in the sun for around 6 hours before buffing it off :)

and the ibiza only a make do car till i'm happy with my income at the tattoo studio :) really wanted an audi s3 :) time till tell though!

LOL thats a new one!!

Astra VXD xp with DTUK

LOL thats a new one!!

erm a mechanic told him this if i remember rightly

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Great car mate,Mark really took care and time with it and has done an awesome job.

He still aint gonna convince me to buy an Ibiza tdi though...:rasp: ...Got something else in the pipeline now..;)

C

Cupster

LOL thats a new one!!

Why would RS bother developing the disks then?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
disk setups are cheaper for car companies to produce i herd from someone i know at fords dunno if its true tho,rear brakes only account for 15% of your breaking too so i dont see the need for rear disks that much unless you go for a weighty car like an escalade or something

182 Trophy (#27/500)
i have had advise from a few places and they recomend changing the brums on the basis of brake bias. on around 10% braking at the rear at the mo but for true braking balance it needs to be closer to 20% to keep the car settled under braking and stop it standing on its nose.lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL thats a new one!!

erm a mechanic told him this if i remember rightly

Erm from quick fit or something?

Now if a Renault sport mech said it then fair enough....... I know some people who call themselves 'mechanics' but i wouldn't let them near a push bike let alone a car. Drums can brake better, but also over heat big time. Old mini's had drums all round. Initial bite good, then faaaaaaade. The fronts then got upgraded to discs to overcome this ;) Any reasonable performance car have rear discs due to the pounding they may get driven in anger. They dissapate (sp) the heat better.

Last edited:
  182 Trophy (#27/500)
Yes it is. Sold it saturday and Chris will come and pick it up when i get the retension certificate for the private plate. Happy days. Lucky Boy!!

Isnt this the one he just sold!?

Which looked MUCH nicer when he sold it :(