ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new car........

Hi there,
ive just treated myself to a phase 2 172,
172.jpg

Which on the hole im very pleased with, ive had a fair few other performance cars and i rate this quite highly it seems alot of fun :cool: ..
Now im sure some of you are quite experienced with these cars and mines got a very annoying fault Now when i veiwed the car i tryed the climate to make sure it was blowing cold, and it wasnt blowing cold at all it was hot, so i told them to rectifiy the fault which they said ok and id have the car... Any how picked the car up last night checked the climate and it was lovely blowing out nice cold air, on the way home it started to get abit cold so i turned the heating setting up to max but it just carried on blowing out cold air Whats wrong?? its starting to get cold in the mornings now and i would love to have a working heater ??

Thanks for the nice comments guys, once ive sorted this bloody heating fault im going to be over the moon with it... ive just ordered a meguiars clay kit and am looking forward to getting rid of the odd defects in the paint and getting a lovely wet look shine....

Possibly the interior temp sensor, the fan in it is common. Is there a quiet buzzing noise coming from the interior light unit (the fan is inside this behind the series of holes)

Possibly the interior temp sensor, the fan in it is common. Is there a quiet buzzing noise coming from the interior light unit (the fan is inside this behind the series of holes)

Havent noticed any buzzing sounds but i only picked the car up last night so im not fully familiar with it yet , will have a listen at lunch when i go out in it though... Would this cause the loss of heat through the blowers though??....

Could affect it's ability to regulate temperature properly as the fan in the unit pulls air past the sensor to monitor the interior temp.

Could affect it's ability to regulate temperature properly as the fan in the unit pulls air past the sensor to monitor the interior temp.

Thanks for the info, im new to clio's as this is my 1st so this kind of info is very usefull, ill go an ordrer one an see how i get on .. thanks;)

I'd listen for a buzz before parting with hard earned. If it is fooked IIRC they aren't that expensive though.

Had a listen at lunch an there doesnt seem to be any kind of buzzing coming from it, perhaps i may re-think it an let the garage sort it just not to keen on paying there high labour rates but if needs must:(

Monaco RS Clio 172
hmm.. I would love to help but am useless in this case. however, altho this post is completely irrelevant, you should join cliosport and go thru the guides section etc.. this site is a life saver with the clio matey I found that out pretty soon after joining so far has saved me near on 500 quid purely because of rentec recommendation let alone anything else. :)

I'd listen for a buzz before parting with hard earned. If it is fooked IIRC they aren't that expensive though.

Had a listen at lunch an there doesnt seem to be any kind of buzzing coming from it, perhaps i may re-think it an let the garage sort it just not to keen on paying there high labour rates but if needs must:(

Put a post up in the technical section describing the fault. There are a few techs that come on the forum who may be able to help diagnose the problem.