ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio

Gox

Clio Extreme
Ok, managed to get some decent pics when I went to pick up my sisters Megane with her today. I can't wait to pick it up, especially being my first car an everything :)

dsc00031xu7.jpg

dsc00032fp7.jpg

dsc00033oy3.jpg

dsc00034eg6.jpg

dsc00035qs0.jpg

RS Meg 175
spoilt ;) lol jks looks like a fantastic first car matey!

I like that sports kit :) not sure on the wheels though :p

Clio DCi 65
Nice mate,

Needs lowering ASAP! Though... Low pro's on standard height looks crappy (Especially my clio!)

07 im guessing?

Gox

Clio Extreme
spoilt ;) lol jks looks like a fantastic first car matey!

I like that sports kit :) not sure on the wheels though :p

Not my first choice of wheels, but they said they wouldn't change them for some reason or another, so got a bluetooth kit out of them.

BMW M135i
Not a fan of the wheels and it seriously seriously needs lowering. Looks nice enough other than that.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
nice what make of wheels? wolfrace? bit of colour coding and lowering and it'll look superb. Love the back end.

Gox

Clio Extreme
Yeah, it's an 07. How much would I be looking at for lowering, and how much by do you reckon? (sorry, complete noob when it comes to cars really. just know what I like)

Gox

Clio Extreme
nice what make of wheels? wolfrace? bit of colour coding and lowering and it'll look superb. Love the back end.

Yeah, Wolfrace Katanas. Bit gutted that the mirrors weren't colour coded, so that's on my list to get sorted.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Didn't realise those wheels and exhaust where standard, always thought they where modded.

Gox

Clio Extreme
23 (was a late learner), why?
just asking mate, i would have been impressed if you were 17 with that, but excellent first car mate, defo lower it and chnage the alloys to standard

Still getting insurance quotes for £2000+ so with this I'm only paying £480 per year for the next two years. Will probably get it lowered asap, and then I wanna colourcode the mirrors, but I'll probably just leave the alloys to be honest.

Gox

Clio Extreme
Thanks cooks, You guys reckon 35mm will be enough?

Also, am I right in thinking that I'll need to use a hairdryer and some cotton to get the "custom" stickers off the sides?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
35mm poss not enough, i would say go half way if you can find some lowering springs, as 60mm could wear out your shocks quite quickly, but if you've got a bit of money to spare go for 60 uprated shocks, coilies????

Gox

Clio Extreme
23 (was a late learner)

when you said it was your first car, i also thought you were like 17..and i was very jealous!!

still a very nice first car!!how much did you pay?

I passed my test last June (so just under a year), and started learning 6 months before that. Been using my mums Fiesta whilst I was self employed, and now got a new job so decided to treat myself.

It was just over £11k for everything, which was pretty cool since it was listed as £11,795 I think, in the showroom, and I got the bluetooth thing thrown in too. The car itself was just under 9k, without the kit.

Thanks for the kind words, makes me think I made the right decision when you guys (who are clearly clued up) are saying its ok.

PH2 172
dont worry bout all the lowering and that, although i would hook off them wolfraces first chance you get, use the moeny you get from selling to pay for a decent set:)

D

dick

yep, get the wolfrace home, and sell them brand new.

coz ther too agressive for the clios lines.

and they wouldnt have changed um as they know no1 else would have them either.

if youd have said im going to next dealer theyd have changed them.

M2 Competition
Id try get a set of either 197 wheels, or the 197 cup racer alloys for it...

Does look smart for a first car though, congrats mate.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I like them on the car, just needs lowering imo. I saw a car exactly like that at bolton renault only I think it had different wolfrace wheels on them. I'm confused, if the dealers selling cars with wolfrace wheels what happens with the insurance people?

Gox

Clio Extreme
I like them on the car, just needs lowering imo. I saw a car exactly like that at bolton renault only I think it had different wolfrace wheels on them. I'm confused, if the dealers selling cars with wolfrace wheels what happens with the insurance people?

That's the one at Renault Bolton ;)

Leon Cupra R 225
I like it matey. Once you've got the time, effort and dosh, get it lowered 60mm will look spot on then.

phase 1 172

i was gonna ask if this was the bolton 1 cuz i saw that 1 wen i was collectin my car!