ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new exhaust (Scorpion)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
tail pipes look really nice but Im I the only one to not like the pipe as it comes out the 1 box for the right hand side, looks like a 172 exhaust trying to be a 182 exhaust (must just be me) :eek: thanks

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Guessing this is just a new version of the SRN019? My brother had the SRN019 on his 182 with a decat, sounded really nice. An example -

Last edited by a moderator:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
@Coops Turbo came out in my car the other night to have a listen to the exhaust, and then took me out in his car which has the RS192. They sound very different! What's your opinion on the sound/look of this one Coops?

As Tom mentioned, I got a shotgun ride out in his (incidentally very tidy) bean the other day to check out scorpion's work

Initial impressions are favourable, the exhaust gives a very quiet idle from start, nothing more than a burble from the tailpipes and pretty much silent inside. Under usual low rev strain you do get some noticeable cabin reverberation and I would of liked to of perhaps ventured into motorway cruise territory to check for its presence there. However, midrange pull and on the flat trundling, the noise inside the cockpit was more than acceptable.

As the revs build the note changes pitch and goes from the lower end of the spectrum to a nice raspy thrum as you head towards limiter territory. Its reminiscent of the yozza, but less throaty and a hell of a lot quieter, but in a good way.

After this spin out, we immediately jumped into my RB (still catted and RS192 system) and it was like being in a stock car, no drama at all and to be honest very dull and tame. We both noted all that could really be heard was engine noise as the revs climbed. There was still some in cabin reverberation as well under the same conditions as the new system on Toms, but not as loud imo.

so overall, I'd say the new system sits somewhere between the RS192 and the Yozza from my experience. it can be driven quietly if needed with minmal noise and then opened up for the spirited sprints on the back lanes.

my only concern would be after some use how much that low range reverberation would grate on my daily commute. however you cant have everything and for an exhaust with a nice tone up the top, I'd says its one of a quieter ones on day to day tootling about. I'm definitely considering one.

just my tuppence

Guessing this is just a new version of the SRN019? My brother had the SRN019 on his 182 with a decat, sounded really nice. An example -

Yes mate it is! I have a video but took it in a really windy location so will get another done soon!

Cheers, I'm loving it!

Thanks very much mate, glad you liked it!

Anyone know when these will be available?

Not just yet, it's on my car being trialled for a week or so to make sure it's perfect.

Also waiting for my friend to get the prices for it, then will see if I can talk him into a group buy!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looking good mate.
If they want to do one in a Boxster let me know!

Heard this last night for the first time. It sounds awesome! Even though it's not loud on tick over, it soon livens up when you rev it a little.

(It also sounds brilliant when driving behind it as well! ;))

Keep us informed, do Inferno owners get extra discount :p

Sorry I don't think I'll be able to sort that ;)

These prices may be subject to change slightly, just waiting on solid confirmation.

RRP of the silenced cat back system is £412.85. Decat is an extra £82.63. Then shipping on top

I will be arranging a group buy, which if we get 15 orders or more we will get 20% discount.

-Silenced Cat Back with GB discount £330.28
-Silenced decat full system £396.48

Currently waiting on a price for the straight through cat back system.

200T & 172 Project
Any idea when the group buy will be live I want in on straight through center one please

Saxo vts clio 182
Is there a video yet? I'm also interested, how much different in sound is this compared to the srn019?

z4
Are you finding much drone / reverberation? I have a yozza at the moment and thats my main issue!

docp no hardly any tbh. Read the review from Coops Turbo in the group buy thread. He used to own a yozza and has compared it to one!
Joe,

It's not the best video tbh, I was on the top of a windy hill. Will try and get a drive by video tonight weather permitting!

Last edited by a moderator: