ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New ICE!!

1 Series Coupe
MyICE.gif

Not installed yet... but really looking forward to getting it done!!

Need to get some amps... any reccomendations?

v.cheapferrari
where are the TS-A6911 - 6"x9" speakers going?
&
where are the TS-G1379 going?
front? back? parcel shelf? thanks

Modified Clio 1.2
To be honest, those 6x9s are going to be pretty useless. I have those subs in my car, and really, the 6x9s will be drowned out. Your components and subs will be enough. I reccommend the Kenwood KAC7252 for running those subs.

1 Series Coupe
dunnaz said:
where are the TS-A6911 - 6"x9" speakers going?
&
where are the TS-G1379 going?
front? back? parcel shelf? thanks

6x9s... as much as everyone hates them... on the parcel shelf... i am going to see what they sound like... if i like the sound i will keep them... if i dont i will ebay them!

TS-G1379 - front door speakers :)

One with a few more
bad call on the 6x9's tbh. not only will you not need them but they wont do much with those subs about unless they are completely seperated from them as the waves will be intersected etc. Not sure how to explain it but think of it as water. two different ripples, as the waves meet they distort and break down etc - its much the same with sound.

Would have probs been good to get components not coaxials as they clios have seperate tweeter locations and components improve sound much better

Whats amps are being used?

1 Series Coupe
I wanted to stay with piooner... and couldnt find any piooner components... i can change the standard tweeters cant i?

One with a few more
there you go - car audio direct also do a few.
Not always a good idea changing the standard tweeters seperately - and deffo not it you do it with coaxials!!
I definitelt remember pioneer doing a few sets though

that set is quite cheap but will still probably be better than the coaxials

1 Series Coupe
Claire said:
there you go - car audio direct also do a few.
Not always a good idea changing the standard tweeters seperately - and deffo not it you do it with coaxials!!
I definitelt remember pioneer doing a few sets though

that set is quite cheap but will still probably be better than the coaxials

What difference will it make it i do not replace the standard tweeters?.. as i got my speakers and that off ebay.. i am unsure of the returns policy.. i have emailed the seller asking him if i can swap them over for a set of components. but all i wanted to know.. what difference will it make if i dont replace them?

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
It doubt it'll make much difference. I hardly heard anything from the standard tweeters in mine. Your coaxials should overpower them anyway.

I'll bet the ebay seller will say you can't send them back unless they're damaged.

v.cheapferrari
random question mayb, but what is the size of the standard head unit the later clio's (2002 on wards)??

would the pioneer DEH-P80MP which has Chassis size (W x H x D) 178 x 50 x 160 mm fit??

thanks alot

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
HU will fit. They're all standard height/width, and there's plenty of room behind. Should go straight in with the fitting cage no probs.

One with a few more
OH my word!! of course itll make a difference!! you will have two high frequency speakers in two different locations trying to compete!!
Sorry but it will sound gash, you can either disconnect the tweeters OR do the sensible thing and get components

1 Series Coupe
Claire said:
OH my word!! of course itll make a difference!! you will have two high frequency speakers in two different locations trying to compete!!
Sorry but it will sound gash, you can either disconnect the tweeters OR do the sensible thing and get components

okokok calm down... i am waiting on an email to see if i can return my coaxials...

330Ci M Sport
subs are top notch...for the price anyway :) mates got one powered by a 760w pioneer amp and it sounds cracking....and i've just got 2...got to finish off the false floor first though!

1 Series Coupe
i got an email back from my seller saying he doesnt stock the ones i want to swap my coaxials for... also he said i cannot return them unless they are damaged... so it looks like these will be ebayed... and will purchase some componenets!

406 passion wagon..
As for the 6x9 debate.... you car apply the "Low-pass" filter (IIRC) to the rear speakers and set the frequency so as to direct only higher frequencies to the 6x9s. I did this in my mk1 1.2 with all pioneer and it sounded amazing. I currently am running the filter on front and back speakers as bass frequencies are only from the sub.

Hope this helps..

not sure if it's the "High-pass" or "Low pass" filter you need, settings on the Head Unit should be self explanitory..

1 Series Coupe
hydeyho said:
That box is tiny, I hope its at least got a divide in the middle!!

Its the angle of the picture.. it is massive... it only just fits in the boot of my car...

and yes it has got a divide down the middle!

1 Series Coupe
Do i need to tell my insurance company about my ICE... even though on my documents it says i am covered for up to £1000?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I dunno why my previous comment in ths thread has been deleted byt hey ho here goes again :S

tHERE IS NO WAY AN INSTALL WILL SOUND BETTER WHEN YOU ARE RUNNING SUBS IF YOU PUT 6X9S ABOVE THEM. tHE AIR BEING MOVED BY THE SUBS MOVES THE 6X9S AND WILL BLOW THEM. iF YOU BOX 6X9S THEN THEY WILL STILL BRING THE SOUNDSATGE BACK AND YOU DONT WNAT THAT IF YOU WANT DECENT SOUND QUALITY!

oops sorry about the caps, cant be assed rewriting it again!

v.cheapferrari
to get the name of the song on a pioneer head unit, do i have to buy special cd's, or do normal cd's work??

thanks alot

1 Series Coupe
Yes the CD's are an extra £200 per cd...

no no not really...

normal CDs are fine... you have to play about with the settings... maybe the 'display' button

v.cheapferrari
200 squid per cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u jokin right??

i think i will stay with the standard cd's costing bout 10p each!!!

1 Series Coupe
As i have yet to pick my car up from reno in chelmsford...

and i have now purchased some components!!! where abouts are the tweeters based on the clio? the dashboard? or the doors?

cheers

Audi TT 3.2 V6
dashboard mate. youll need to remove the top of the dash to fit them, sounds a daunting task but isnt that bad really. you might wana buy a haynes manual tbh

Audi TT 3.2 V6
tbh mate you may as well go halfords, doesnt work out any cheaper by the time it incs postage

my scanners fucked else id scan u the pages on dash removal