ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Monaro

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Actually no, you were right.

483A5DBF-C0FD-456A-AD45-DD4C955DB233.png

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
8k seems cheap for one of these. Is that the going rate??
I too would be interested in a brief review of the Monaro v the VXR8.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
What was the Monaro like?

I actually really liked it.

My average mpg for the 600 ish miles I did in it was 22.

Interior is a nice place to be, nice seats but it’s a 17yr old car now so no touch screen or anything like that.

This one was on BC racing coilovers and was fully polybushed so was pretty harsh ride wise but I’m guessing a standard one would be more comfortable.

04 plate so no silly tax rates.

Engine is lovely, 330bhp is nothing these days but the v8 is silky smooth and so satisfying. Gearbox is a long throw but it’s a manly box for a manly engine.

All in all, depreciation proof motoring, head Turner, sounds mega and drives nice. If I wasn’t nuts I’d be keeping it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Lol, after thumbing his nose at everyone making jokes about it being for sale, it's now gone o_Oo_O

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Cheapest one on the net!

VXR8 is best if you’ve got kids. If not you get 90% of the thrills and manage to keep £6k in your pocket.
It’s still for sale by the looks of it. Is this still available? 😉