ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New PBX Goodies :D

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
its arrived :D Cant wait to get installing it :D

Right After having a conversation with Dave @ Utopia, we decided the Xtreme Range of subwoofer was over kill for what I wanted. They are pure SPL subs, and I cant have an SPL install with the amount of fibreglass and filler on my car! I then decided on OZ audio Subs, but these arent happy with AT LEAST 800wrms, So decided on PBX Evolution, not soo beefy, should be happywith 700wrms each :)

DSC01048.gif

DSC01049.gif

DSC01050.gif

DSC01051.gif

DSC01052.gif

DSC01053.gif

DSC01054.gif

DSC01055.gif

DSC01056.gif

DSC01057.gif

Monaro VXR
700wrms is still gonna be really f**king loud.

It'll drown out the components more than likely at full pelt.

don't be daft, course u'll heard the front speakers amped with that amount of power, their completely different frequency ranges. I would certainly consider sound deadening the car tho, clios do like to rattle a tad, and btw, excellent kit, i challenged their van in the finals at oxford and lost.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Im running 135wrms into each speaker up front e.g components and mids !

Should be loud mate enoy !

Monaro VXR
Putting 110w rms into my components up front now and its bloody loud can only get it half way up before it gets uncomfortable to listen to.

The sub though is getting over 600wrms dumped into it and that just makes everything move around the car. My hair was even moving when i was in the car.

Needless to say its all now been turned down for daily use as the number of looks i got from people in front of me next to me etc in traffic queues was a little too much. Plus its not pleasant being in there when its beating that much.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
You need to try and sit in my bmw !

4x 12w3v2 subs and 750wrms each lol

150wmrs into fronts !!

Deafening

im putting 250 per side to my fronts and 800 to the sub.

daves van has/had 9 15's with 1500wrms to each sub.

richs car is still loudest in the country though

Chocolate Bar™
did u get them cheap or even free with you having a feature car? if not you should have done ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Lets just Say I know Dave, The Owner of the Dsitribution Company............

His SAxo is hillarious. Fully Kitted, Rolling on 18s............. with 12x 10" Subs :D

Hilly Pics of you'r BMW. I'll have sat in louder though. PURE SPL cars :D

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Crazy Clio said:
Lets just Say I know Dave, The Owner of the Dsitribution Company............

His SAxo is hillarious. Fully Kitted, Rolling on 18s............. with 12x 10" Subs :D

Hilly Pics of you'r BMW. I'll have sat in louder though. PURE SPL cars :D

Itl do an easy 145db if not 150db so thats pure spl if you ask me ?

This saxo your talking about its not that blue one with the vibe install ?

It only does 150db

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The Blue one has bein bought off Skinhead by Dave and re done. Was Vibe, now its got 12 10" Oz Audio Subs, and 2 PBX Xa3000XD amps (3000wrms each)

Pics of your BMW, Interested what size your box is? I'm presuming its a ported set up? IF so what tuning? 150 sounds pretty good, Would love to see pics. What mics did you get between 145-150 on? New or old?

I've sat in various cars in the 160db region!!!

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Crazy Clio said:
The Blue one has bein bought off Skinhead by Dave and re done. Was Vibe, now its got 12 10" Oz Audio Subs, and 2 PBX Xa3000XD amps (3000wrms each)

Pics of your BMW, Interested what size your box is? I'm presuming its a ported set up? IF so what tuning? 150 sounds pretty good, Would love to see pics. What mics did you get between 145-150 on? New or old?

I've sat in various cars in the 160db region!!!

Not had it spld yet wasnt made for that really to be honest. Ive got not worries about it easily hitting 145db at least when i do get it done though.

I cant see that saxo being very loud its only got 250wrms per sub ? Itl be loud but i reckon mine would scare him lol! Those amps do sound pritty good though ive been looking on the website. Rather stick to a better more well known make personally.

Not got any pics of the bmw mate its nothing special just something to get me to work thats loud and quick!

Im using two huge sealed boxes but would like to use 1 ported box but it would have to be made in the car due to the boot opening not being big enough to get the box in if made out of the car ! Gutted!

Cant wait till my clio ice is fitted/finished, going to do a wall like that saxo with the best subs available IMHO West coast customs 12s.Going to try and fit 12 in there with 6 wcc D5000 (2350wrms) amps. 1 amp per 2 subs. Would work out at 14,100wrms and 1,175 per sub! If i had the money id put 12x amps in there but i dont see the point.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hilly, you strike me has someone who has too much money TBH. Are you not having 20" Wheels, and a TB'd 172 engine in your car? Whats the point? ITs not going to move, you have just wasted however much on your engine! (although After all the pic requests I've yet to see any proof of anything, you could well be a little attention *****, I hope you correct me?)

OR do you have 2 Clios? what about all the bodywork? Seriously, IF you get an install anything like that you can say goodbye to filler.

Also, you have yet to tell me anythingregarding how your goiing to power this install? Theres not alot of room in a clio for all the batteries you're going to need, and is there even enough room in your engine bay for a huge (if not dual) alternator set up? What about deadening?

I can honestly Say Dave has more than likely bein in MUCH louder cars than your BMW. I cant see him bein scared, especially by a selaed set up ;;)

so you rate Orion WCC's better thanthe likes of PBX and XXX???

A Cars shape has ALOT to do with SPL. I cant see your BMW with what you have mentioned hitting 150db, with Sealed boxes tbh. Anyone can post names and numbers on a forum mate.

its got 400wrms per sub, 6 subs per amp. When you say better known make, What sorta makes do you classas well known. I dont know you so i am not in the position to cast assumptions, but you seem to be more concerned with what people think of the brand, rather than quality. I'd rather have an install by a Company like PBX who everyone seriously into ice know about, but most people dont. Popping your boot having people say who are they, must be shite aint heard of them. Then let the quality and sound do the talking

Last edited:
  Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Crazy Clio said:
Hilly, you strike me has someone who has too much money TBH. Are you not having 20" Wheels, and a TB'd 172 engine in your car? Whats the point? ITs not going to move, you have just wasted however much on your engine! (although After all the pic requests I've yet to see any proof of anything, you could well be a little attention *****, I hope you correct me?)

OR do you have 2 Clios? what about all the bodywork? Seriously, IF you get an install anything like that you can say goodbye to filler.

Also, you have yet to tell me anythingregarding how your goiing to power this install? Theres not alot of room in a clio for all the batteries you're going to need, and is there even enough room in your engine bay for a huge (if not dual) alternator set up? What about deadening?

I can honestly Say Dave has more than likely bein in MUCH louder cars than your BMW. I cant see him bein scared, especially by a selaed set up ;;)

so you rate Orion WCC's better thanthe likes of PBX and XXX???

A Cars shape has ALOT to do with SPL. I cant see your BMW with what you have mentioned hitting 150db, with Sealed boxes tbh. Anyone can post names and numbers on a forum mate.

its got 400wrms per sub, 6 subs per amp. When you say better known make, What sorta makes do you classas well known. I dont know you so i am not in the position to cast assumptions, but you seem to be more concerned with what people think of the brand, rather than quality. I'd rather have an install by a Company like PBX who everyone seriously into ice know about, but most people dont. Popping your boot having people say who are they, must be sh*te aint heard of them. Then let the quality and sound do the talking

I dont need to post anything on here to be honest mate thats why ive not been a member for over a year !

West coast subs are amazing they have 2000wrms rating and a 29mm excursion ! Beat that with anything else but a 13W7 and there double the price!

Regarding the engine its no lie ring Dave at KTEC hes doing it for me, the kits in stock now !

The BMW i agree isnt a great car for SPL due to boot and saloon shape etc but considering there was a BMW at doncaster last year doing 145db with 1x Fusion 15 a only 900wrms i think that 145-150db is a good bet to be honest.
Not bothered really its loud enough loudest car ive heard before going silly.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
WCC subs and amps are powering the loudest car in the us ive heard over 175db ?

So i guess there very good ;o)

Polo + Micra
people have easily put 2kW ans had 32mm Xmax out of XXX

and the MT's eat them for brekkie:cool:

and personaly i wouldn't buy f**k all with a wcc logo/name on most of the stuff they put in cars is b****cks

Last edited:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I think the loudest car in the world is that That Swedish Volvo, with part of teh chassis cut away for something like 20 18v batteries.

175db is purely fictional. And it it was possible, it was not with WCC subs. Please research before posting, or back up your posts with proof.

On a lighter note. I now have some PBX 6.5" Co-Axials for my boot lid :)

Polo + Micra
Crazy Clio said:
I think the loudest car in the world is that That Swedish Volvo, with part of teh chassis cut away for something like 20 18v batteries.

175db is purely fictional. And it it was possible, it was not with WCC subs. Please research before posting, or back up your posts with proof.

On a lighter note. I now have some PBX 6.5" Co-Axials for my boot lid :)

oh yeah they are pushing for 180dB with that ovlov

getting closer to max s.p.l

Polo + Micra
yeah i aint been on there for a while but it was new mics iirc

they were putting more amps and subs in there for 2006 the last i read