ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy (GTi content)...

Funnily enough, I saw this car when Fuzzy had it, at shows and local meets, then when he sold it, ended up going to the lad who bought it's house with a friend to buy something (not knowing that it was the lad who then had it), and now it's popped up on here. Just when I thought i'd seen the last of it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Strange how things come around!

A mini-update...

I tihnk you'll agree that these rear lights are friggin' awesome! :S

IMG_0160.jpg

So, I had the package fairies bring me something round yesterday:

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Much better :)

IMG_0161.jpg

Ive also picked up a new rubber mount for the backbox, so that'll be pushed up the way at some point... :)

In fact, it's there on the road! I've also ordered a rear boot lock with a sticker, so the lion will be going back on my tailgate shortly.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Gave her a proper clean today. Started off polishing with the Kestral, but my backing plate broke (second one in about 3 uses... :( ) so I resorted to just doing the rest by hand. She shines up well, but I need to get someone with more skills to polish out the swirls... I'm rubbish at it!

Before:

P1020585.jpg

P1020581.jpg

P1020575.jpg

P1020580.jpg

After, clayed, part-polished, sealed and waxed. The photo's aren't great as the lighting wasn't fantastic in the barn and I didn't have a tripod:

P1020593.jpg

P1020601.jpg

P1020603.jpg

P1020606.jpg

P1020607.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Got rid of the carbon fuel filler cap today:

P1020606.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

And also got a boot lock surround with the Peugeot lion badge still in place, just to standardise her a bit more :)

P1020579.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Off to have a look at what parts I can make use of from a recently broken GTi local to me. Hopefully I can pick up a front badge, some GTi door badges and mabe a wiper or two!

BMW E46 330i Touring
PMSL, I think I've been on one spirited drive in her in 3 weeks... weather and work haven't really helped!

Popped to Tavistock today to pick up a gearbox and also came back with a leather/alcantara interior. A few cigarette burns and a bit of leather rippage on the driver's bolster, but a billy-bargain price.

Now, if only I could get those torx screws loose.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The roof might have to stay I'm afraid because I'm not looking to throw money at it that I can't make back later on. If it was vinyl it would have been taken off the day I got it, but as it's paint it might have to stay...

It's not so bad in the flesh, and the circles from were I bought the car like it as they're more into their modifications, so it'll help sell when it comes to move it on again!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Swapped over the front seats last night, rears still to be done. The leathers aren't in amazing condition, but they were really cheap and are way more comfortable than the cloths that were in before!

P1020631.jpg

P1020632.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Haven't been in touch with Clarkie yet but hopefully at some point over the next couple weeks. No urgency yet!

Cheers again for last weekend mate. :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
:) Cheers chap.

Oh, the leathers are coming out, too tatty for me! The Rallye cloth is in near-mint condition so I'll stick with that until I find something a bit neater.

If anyone has a 106 and fancies the half-leather interior, point them my way!

182 Trophy
had 5 106's now and loved every one, a 1.1, a quicksilver, 2 s1 rallyes and an s2 gti engined rallye. Nothing comes close to the fun you can have in one, one of the best engines ever imo the 16v. Nice buy mate, know fuzzy quite well and he always looked after it.

Iceberg 172
I was speaking with Fuzzy on pm the other day and told him his 106 was on here!

Send him a pm! (i'll send him this link!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still awesomeness!

The roof black isn't too bad mate, wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ahhh just found this - thanks to SteveS

Good to see it being looked after - PMSL at the "chavved up" comments - it was gorgeous back when it had the recaros, morettes, and chronos on

But I do agree they look nice as standard cars

I threw way too much money at that car - it's been properly looked after
Glad you're enjoying it

BMW E46 330i Touring
pmsl at chopping and changing...
sorry not spoke over email mate

deadline week, super busy, i have news you will like though

I'll await the news tomorrow dude :)

Cheers for the comments people, good to see you on here as well Phil!

Actually, I'll send you a PM in a bit or tomorrow... I had the info you sent me saved in a PM on 106owners, but my PM's have been taken away!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, maybe. No urgency or rush to sell, but I'm using it more than I planned to, and I didn't really buy it to sit in traffic!

Not going to push a sale or reduce the price or anything, but would consider a swap for somethig that's more adept to crawling in traffic!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I noticed it was more an interest sale.

Looks good mate,.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great Ads. Been looking at Gti's a lot lately myself!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a lot different now, I prefer standard the seats and stuff would put me off a little.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think I need to take it for a good run this weekend if the weather stays nice, remind me why I bought her!

Phil, I know! I feel bad considering selling it again, knowing you only sold it in January! It makes it seem like something's wrong with it, when there really isn't!

As I say, I'm certainly not in a rush to sell and there's no reason as such for it, just wondering if I'd be better off in something more suited to sitting in traffic!

Do what I did - get yourself a daily hack

I never used the 106 as my daily drive because it felt wrong - so it just sat in the garage and I used my girlfriends 106 gti instead LOL

Now I have my cup and my girlfriend's 106 gti is being broken for parts - but for daily driving I have a nice comfy renault laguna

R plate - 67k, air con - £500 incl tax and years MOT - spot on for driving to work and stuff and now when I do get into the clio at the weekend it feels like a rocket ship :D

Megane 225 F1
Ahhh just found this - thanks to SteveS

Good to see it being looked after - PMSL at the "chavved up" comments - it was gorgeous back when it had the recaros, morettes, and chronos on

But I do agree they look nice as standard cars

I threw way too much money at that car - it's been properly looked after
Glad you're enjoying it

Pics of this?

Hahahhaa use the bora more!

Will. yeah over on 106owners - I can't get on at work so can't post a link but it's not hard to find with a bit of a google search for fuzzy orange and progress blog and 106owners :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Aye, Bora's the daily hack but is also the wife's commuter-mobile so I rarely drive it. I normally get a lift to work so don't 'need' a car, but my lift has been off for a bit so I've used the 106.

My lift's back in work now though so I can go back to keeping the 106 for evenings and weekends... thing is, I love my Bora more at the moment! I think I'm a "low n slow" convert so have aspirations of a Mk3.

Gonna give the GTi some beans tonight, tomorrow and over the weekend to remind me that petrol French cars like to rev!