ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy....

After driving around in this for 2 weeks I wanted to drive it off a cliff, fine for someone who doesn't enjoy driving but it has to be the most dull car I have ever owned.
HPIM1492-1.gif

I decided I wanted something fun to drive but cheap to buy and run. This was the obvious choice, its in the best colour, its a phase 2 with the stronger engine and its only done 51k with air con, its standard bar the lowering springs. I ve driven it back from Exeter today and whilst its definatly not quick its faster than I expected it to be and has to be one of the most fun to drive cars I have owned. It definatly handles better than the Lupo without a doubt.
Needs abit of minor tlc and im itching to pc it but apart from that im very happy with it :D. Some will say its a downgrade however I gave less than half I sold the lupo for the ZS and the lupo is definatly not twice the car.

HPIM1488-1.gif

HPIM1482-1.gif

Fiesta ST Stage 3
You sold the Lupo why was that mate i no you were not to happy with the handleing ??? Ztec S are fun cars

You sold the Lupo why was that mate i no you were not to happy with the handleing ??? Ztec S are fun cars

I was quite happy with the Lupo however the MOT and tax was coming up which is £250 assuming it passed so I sold for £400 more than I paid for it a year ago, not bad considering I stuck 7k miles on it ;)

Its definatly slower than the Lupo, that used to push you back in the seat in 2nd this doesn't although its by no means slow, its just so fun to chuck around the steering feels so connected. I ve signed up to ZSOC.
I just wanted something fun to drive for my 30 mile round trip accross town daily commute.
Lol @ cat I will just have to put up with the steriotypes, luckily there aren't many around here.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Tidy little motors them, haven't aged badly either looks wise imho. Definatly clear front lights mind you :)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Im actually thinking about getting one myself....

I love the 172 but would love to spend my money on the house and not the car. There very cheap to run these little cars!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
My mate just bought one of those in Imperial blue...

Magnex Exhaust and a panel filter is all he has and it's pretty nippy i must say.

Tidy little motors them, haven't aged badly either looks wise imho. Definatly clear front lights mind you :)

I think it looks cracking, definatly needs a de-tango!

Nice one Alex, good cars!

Cheers buddy, its such good fun to drive!

no bad, kept the lupo sale quiet

It was in the for sale section, I wasn't that bothered about selling it, only put it on ph, went so quick,

I love the 172 but would love to spend my money on the house and not the car. There very cheap to run these little cars!

Seems to be economical, its by no means quick but it just puts a smile on your face. The gearbox and the driving position are much improved on the clio, seats are abit flat though. Insurance is dirt cheap and in theory it should do 40mpg.

My mum used to have one of those and it was an awsome car

Cheers buddy.

Do i spy a Honda Jazz? ;)

Lol yep, 1.4 Sport, mums bus.

My mate just bought one of those in Imperial blue...

Magnex Exhaust and a panel filter is all he has and it's pretty nippy i must say.

Imperial blue is the colour to have, this one standard and revs very freely, certaily isn't slow.

Nice, not as good as the fezza of justice though! Will pop round tonight and have a uganda

Yeah give us a shout, yours has better seats!

Vee dub
Love the zs's - my sis had one for 2 years, handle brilliantly.

Have to disagree though, the Lupo is by far twice the car imo.

Polo + Micra
:quiet:

not too bad a downgrade tbh.

a few little bits will make it look alot better :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner

They're hardly worth any less than a Ph1 172, and if you drive it hard it won't be any more economical heh. Of course if you're not gonna drive it hard, and you don't drive the 172 hard - then it might be very marginally more economical, but really, you should be lookin at a nice little derv.

Cheaper to tax an insure though, so that'd save ~£150 a year. Or about £12.50 a month... Hmmm :)

Dan

Cheers, the Lupo was a fantastic car and in a different league in many respect I just can't justify having £5.5k tied up in a car when I can have just as much fun and still have a nice car for less than half that. I will have a raven blue though one day with full heated leather ;)

Vee dub

Cheers, the Lupo was a fantastic car and in a different league in many respect I just can't justify having £5.5k tied up in a car when I can have just as much fun and still have a nice car for less than half that. I will have a raven blue though one day with full heated leather ;)

I totally see your reasons for changing mate.... and you have certainly picked a superb car to free up some money, they are such good fun and still look wicked imo.

Raven :approve: