ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My old 172!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  RB 182FF
We were looking at this last night and considering going to have a look :S

What's wrong with it?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Five year old thread bump.

My old Monaco registration LD02 BXC is for sale on eBay, thanks @DannyR for the link.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221833905312&globalID=EBAY-GB

Goods points are it should have an RS Tuner remap, Goodridge brake lines and Ktec s/s stealth exhaust.

Problems with it when I traded it in for £1800 in November 2010 were:

Oil leaks from bottom end and rocker cover
Potential piston ring or valve seal failure (as it drank over 10 litres in last 12 months of ownership)
Oil leak from the gearbox
Dephaser rattling
Exhaust had a blow were it joined the cat (didn't use a new fitting kit after taking the decat off 😂)
Aircon not working as radiator damaged
Lacquer peeling on bonnet and front bumper
Wheels kerbed
Xenon lights clouded up and condensation inside
Brake pads very low
Rear shocks leaking
Rear numberplate light didn't work
Seat didn't match as one had blue Renaultsport writing and other silver

The advert says there is a receipt for head gasket and timing belt so the oil consumption maybe fixed.

It doesn't look like much has been done to exterior of the car though so doubt the engine is sorted. You can see the remains on back window of my Rentech sticker and the stickers I put in engine bay. The bonnet still has lacquer peel, the wheels are still herbed and xenon lights still have condensation. It does like they they've changed the drivers seat cover though as it doesn't have blue Renaultsport writing anymore from were it was replaced after the seat airbag went off.

It had a very hard life when I owned it as it was always driven hard from cold and I did quite a few trackdays in it.

Good luck to anyone that buys it 😂

Here are some photos of it.

Oulton Park Renaultsport trackday
OultonRS01.jpg

Battered bonnet
IMG_0301.jpg

Broken down (again)
6d40d4b2.jpg

Brands Hatch trackday
MI0D2520.jpg

Looking at it's best April 2009
IMG_0551.jpg