ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Old Petrol Blue Supercharged Clio

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I've just been alerted this morning that the Petrol Blue supercharged Clio 182 I built and owned a couple of years ago is back up for sale. It has running, fuel issues but the price is keen at 4.5k ono. Was running 266bhp and 220ft/lbs torque back in the day.

I'm only mentioning it here as someone might be interested, I would buy it back in a heartbeat but have the 200 EDC. Its advertised on another Clio FB forum I won't mention..... Again which I why I'm posting about it here, I want someone from here to save it.
2017-08-02_07-28-39.jpg
2015-06-30_06-33-28.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Here is the Full Description.

Very reluctant sale of my supercharged 182,

Petrol blue Clio 182 (one of 28) car is sitting on 88'000 miles,

running K-tec racing supercharger kit along with Adaptronic standalone management. Mapped by EFI parts and made 270bhp.
Sitting on like new bilstein B14 coilovers
16" oz ultraleggera
Clio 172 phase 1 fuel setup (rail,sender unit, fuel return)
Full stainless steel scorpion exhaust
Braided brake lines
PMS rear anti roll bar
Fully polybushed
K-Tec racing solid top mounts
K-tec racing solid engine mount
Xenon lights
Car had air con but was removed for supercharger
Full fat model

Onto the bad points, car is currently off the road and has been for around a year and a half, car currently has a fuelling issue, fuel pressure is fine on idle but drops off as boost increases (had it down to efi a couple times to try resolve the issue) unfortunately I don't have the mechanical knowledge or the time anymore to fix it. Tried changing:
Fuel pump (wallbro 255)
Fuel rail
Fuel sender unit
However had no success in fixing the issue.

I have probably missed loads and missed a lot of modifications, if your interested on the build then you can read up on it, on cliosport.net the previous owner (Ricardo) carried out the build. I believe the car is worth around £5k in parts alone however I don't have the time to split the car also it would be a shame to split it because it is an unreal car when running right, unbelievably fast! I'm looking for £4500 or very nearest offer located in Dumfries, Scotland

I have tried to be as honest as I can, if you do have any questions then please feel free to message me, car currently sits at my work so can get some more up to date pictures for anyone genuinely interested. Thanks

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Have you got a link to the forum, very interested in this car

RB Clio 182
Strong money to say its not running right imo, id take that for my turbo with zero issues if someone laid it in my palm, even tho its not up for sale.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It annoys me when people don't get things working properly before they sell them. If it worked he'd have a queue round the block!
I saw it when Ricardos had it, it was a beauty back then!!
Appreciate the comment, it really is a shame. Something seems amiss, it would be interesting to get Chris at EFI Parts take on this as the chaps mentioned it's been taken there to solve the problem, which on the face of it seems a fuel problem.

I know it's a gamble but IMO it's a good price, you could take the kit off and sell and still have a decent condition and spec Petrol Blue left. Or give it to someone to sort the problem, pay the money, again IMO for what you'd pay for the car it would still come in ok.

Obviously what's putting people off is the unknown problem, but I think one brave person could buy it and have it sorted to give themselves a steal of a car.

It really did fly, 266bhp and 220ft/lbs

RB Clio 182
Yeah its weird that scoff hasnt got to the bottom of it, he knows everything, especially about the adaptronic which would point him in the direction of the fuelling problem.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Yeah its weird that scoff hasnt got to the bottom of it, he knows everything, especially about the adaptronic which would point him in the direction of the fuelling problem.
My thoughts exactly, maybe that's how he noticed the fall in fuel pressure. Not taking anything away from anyone but the fuel system isn't the most complex, complete phase one system with uprated pump. Phase one being the preferred setup for Clios on boost.

RB Clio 182
My thoughts exactly, maybe that's how he noticed the fall in fuel pressure. Not taking anything away from anyone but the fuel system isn't the most complex, complete phase one system with uprated pump. Phase one being the preferred setup for Clios on boost.
Exactly the same as mine and scoff says it works really well, much better than the meg setup.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Exactly the same as mine and scoff says it works really well, much better than the meg setup.
Pretty sure I had the 225 injectors and spark plugs for boost too. What's wrong with it is a definite head scratcher and keen to know if it sells and gets solved

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I'm sure I saw this advert on Facebook and the guy was saying he had it down at EFI once or twice but time was limited as Chris had people booked in after which meant he couldn't trace the problem fully in the time he had.

If I had the money id take the chance.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Whats the advantage of using the PH1 fuel setup with return line for boost? @Ricardos @Mr. Plums
I think, it's more stable for running boost. Again I was just told it was a better system to use and it mostly came with the supercharger kit. I still have a phase one fuel rail in the shed as a spare

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm sure I saw this advert on Facebook and the guy was saying he had it down at EFI once or twice but time was limited as Chris had people booked in after which meant he couldn't trace the problem fully in the time he had.

If I had the money id take the chance.
Crazy considering the guy comes from Scotland. It's a long way to go twice to not have it sorted. I would have just left it there and let Chris have a look as and when he had the spare time.

Saying that my friend sent me a screenshot from another forum saying the car has been bought, and for the princely some of 3k. If this is true, whoever owns it now has bought themselves a right bargain. However, the chap in question 'allegedly' likes to break em.... Time will tell either way.

I know I sold it years ago and moved onto something different, I'm a tad disappointed about the whole state of affairs as I put a lot of time, effort and money into it

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It'd be a travesty if that got broken. Fair enough put a standard lump in if the effort to sort the issue can't be justified, but anyone who fully strips a petrol blue needs a good slap.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
And such a low limited colour number. Even better being supercharged. I've seen this car when it was in @Ricardos ownership a few times and it was a bloody nice car. Had a nice faint whistle when it was on idle, which indicated it was more than standard even though it looked very oem+ at the time.

Hopefully it'll get bought, fixed and kept in great condition.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The supercharged Saxo vts I bought the owner and lad who bought it never really let go. Constantly rattling on about it and it did my head in.

That's not relevant in here mind so not sure why I posted it.

They were both supercharged so I guess they had something in common..

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The supercharged Saxo vts I bought the owner and lad who bought it never really let go. Constantly rattling on about it and it did my head in.

That's not relevant in here mind so not sure why I posted it.

They were both supercharged so I guess they had something in common..
:smile:

I was hoping that someone from here would hopefully buy it, sort the problem out then enjoy it. I've built a few Clios in the last 9 years and it's not often you hear about them, it was a friend who told me about it. A car is a car at the end of the day but you never wish for something like it being potentially broken for something so small.

Ph1
Any confirmation if it sold? It's round the corner from me this car although don't know the lad and never seen the car.
Also mention of a potential buyer being a Clio breaker ? Not the big Clio breaker at Longtown by any chance?