ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my own desing induction sistem

03 clio 172
hi thats my own desing induction sistem for my clio, it works real good and sounds incredible, i only use it once in a track day and work fine but when it gets hot i loose a lot of power. wath i should do to repair it?? does i need to change the piping material ??? its made of alloy

aaaa and the normal temperature of my city its on 38 celsius = 100 fahrenheit

100707123346.jpg

100707123411.jpg

100707124546.jpg

a green 1
is there a filter on there? or a straight through pipe?

if theres no filter youre either mad or very very stupid

a green 1
you had a k&n

and now youve no filter just a pipe? so whats gonna filter all the sh*t out thats being sucked up?

Da

Less
lol, calm down guys ;)

Although the location of the air filter is somewhat suspect as I guess it will get dirty very very quickly unless it's behind the arch liner in which case it will surely be starved of free air?

Hes moved the filter closer to the road. Bit like like useing a cold air feed to feed air to the filter. Looks rubbish but could be functional although the distance the filtered air has to travel is quite far. Probably best doing it the conventional way

a thirsty one
if your worried about heat soak in the alloy pipe wrap it with some heat proof wrap that will help reflect the heat and stop it soaking in.

if you have the filter tucked behind the wheel i dont think that should be a big problem as long as has arch liner and dont forget he's not using his car in the uk, dont think mexico is known for its high rainfall.

would have left is stock though myself and panel filter for the climate your in.

Ph1
Moving the filter to a 2nd 90 degree bend down by the arch will lose power not gain it

There was a thread on doing this a while back. Some sort of 'effect' but cant mind the name

I reckon youd be better off putting the k&n on the end of the metal pipe rather than just have it on the feed down there. There wont be any hot air in that corner

phase 1 172
to be honest i cant see why its heating up as its not half as close as a standard pipe to the radiator pipe!

just need to add a filter to the end if one isnt already on

b/g 182, meg tourer
the air has a further distance to travel after the filter and has more bends to go round. this will lose you a little bit of power straight away. best with something like an induction kit with a sealed carbon box (reflects heat)

Mk2 172
A decent wing mounted filter will work very well as its well away from heat. on my old impreza i had an APS induction system and worked brilliantly. having said that it was obviously developed by a massive company. bit of work on that kit and it should work very well. get rid of the original caf!!!