ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my pc won't recognise the scanner any more - help !

My scanner (a HP 4100c -old:eek: ) won't work with the pc despite me downloading the relevant drivers for it etc.

When we got this pc (about 3 years ago) it didn't work with the scanner so I d/loaded the drivers etc for it (i have the disc but the scanner is old, so doesn't work on xp, I had to say I was on windows 2000 before)

I'v just done that again from the hp site (my bro got a virus on the pc a while, back so we had to start over again)

now it won't work - what else can I do?
all of the software & drivers are on the pc - i've even plugged the scanner back in again, but to no avail :rolleyes:

I can't even see the scanner on the list- any one any ideas what it ought to say ?? (i guess it should just have the name on the scanner ?)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
im guessing you have ran the add new hardware wizard?

I ran the ad new hardward wizard & it said if you have disc for it etc, put it in, I have a disc but its doesn't work:rolleyes: (the scanner don't work on xp) I had to instal a driver as if I was using windows 2000.

I'm really lost with this now !:S
It worked fine before (i managed to install the drivers etc & did the same just now, but no luck !)

I can't see whats goin on, I have pulled the lead out of the scanner & put it back in, the pc then says unrecognised usb port !!:mad:

cat171 said:
I ran the ad new hardward wizard & it said if you have disc for it etc, put it in, I have a disc but its doesn't work:rolleyes: (the scanner don't work on xp) I had to instal a driver as if I was using windows 2000.

I'm really lost with this now !:S
It worked fine before (i managed to install the drivers etc & did the same just now, but no luck !)

I can't see whats goin on, I have pulled the lead out of the scanner & put it back in, the pc then says unrecognised usb port !!:mad:

try another usb port, if it doesnt recognise that particular port?

you sure you have got the latest drivers off the net?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
you could try getting the lastest xp driver from the manufacturer's website?